4 Places You Can Find Free Dental Care — Here's How
Are you putting off routine dental care (or emergency care) because you don't have coverage and are broke? You aren't alone. Dental care is expensive, many employers either don't provide coverage or provide coverage that is woefully insufficient, and even Medicare doesn't cover it.
One solution is to . These exist in most large cities and many smaller towns, but they can be hard to find. Finding affordable dental care without insurance is always a challenge, but DoNotPay can help you find free clinics and cheap dentists in your area.
Who Qualifies for Free Dental Care?
The qualifications for free dental care are highly variable. There are no requirements under federal law, although there might be in some states. In most cases, the program concerned decides who qualifies and whether the care is free or reduced cost (often on a sliding scale).
A downside is that charity clinics often have long waitlists or extended periods of time when they are not taking new patients. Finding out if you qualify can take a lot of time, and you may well find a convenient clinic that then tells you you are not eligible or will have to pay the money you don't have. Or that they simply don't have room. United Way's 211.org website is a good source for clinics.
In order to be eligible you need to:
|Income||Fit their income requirements|
|Age||Fit their age requirements. Some clinics are restricted to seniors, some to adults, and some to children.|
|Area||Potentially live in a specific geographical area.|
|All Other Requirements||Meet any other requirements. For example, some clinics are limited to veterans, others to disabled adults.|
Who Provides Free Dental Care
You can look for free dental care from a variety of sources:
- Charities. Charities and faith-based groups often offer donated services, as do professional dental organizations. However, as mentioned, these clinics often have long wait lists.
- . Some cities have clinics that are set up for low-income people with no insurance. These are typically staffed by volunteers. Fees are on a sliding scale.
- Dental schools and dental hygiene schools. In most cases, dental schools do charge for the care given by students (under supervision), but they are considerably cheaper than typical private practice. Some schools may provide service for free to those below certain income levels, so it is always worth looking. For routine care, also look at community colleges that offer courses for dental assistants. These may not do complicated procedures, but are perfectly good for checkups and often charge little or nothing.
- Community health centers often offer at least routine dental care, charged on a sliding scale.
With all of these sources, it can be hard to find the best free dental clinic near you. While there are lots of options for affordable dental care in theory, in practice you may waste a lot of time searching the internet and desperately calling clinics to find somebody who has space and can do the procedure you need.
Find a Free Dental Clinic With the Help of DoNotPay
Thankfully, there is an alternative to spending hours upon hours calling clinics. That alternative is DoNotPay. All you have to do is tell it where you live and sit back.
Compared to the challenges of trying to do it all on your own, DoNotPay is easy.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to find free dental clinics:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and get back to you with the information you requested.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find a Free Dental Clinic
Finding a free dental clinic by yourself can take hours, even days. You (or a family member) may be trying to do this with a toothache or other oral health issue affecting your concentration, endurance, and ability to handle the situation. It can be enough to make you want to throw your device across the room.
DoNotPay cuts through all of that. It makes the process fast and easy and also increases your chances of finding the right clinic by ensuring that you don't miss anything or waste time dealing with a clinic only to find you are not eligible after all.
With DoNotPay, you can:
- Find the dental care that you need
- Find care at a price you can afford (free)
- Locate the places that will do this work for you
What Else can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is a versatile robot. It can help you with a lot of issues that are tedious, complicated, and overall a waste of your time. It can help with all kinds of things including:
- Filing a suit in small claims court.
- Discovering and applying for scholarships.
- Reducing property taxes.
Let DoNotPay help you find a free dental clinic or anything else you might need help with. Try it today!