Remove Negative Collections From DCI Credit With DoNotPay
When the debt collectors come calling, it's a sign that you've got some negative information affecting your credit report. If you're hoping to clean up your credit and remove pesky collections that don't belong, it will be essential that you know exactly what's in your credit report. The legal experts at DoNotPay want you to be empowered to fight back against collection companies like and remove negative information off your credit report for good. Keep reading to see how easy it is to get a cleaner credit report using the DoNotPay way.
About the Debt Collection Agency: DCI Credit Services, Inc.
DCI Credit Services, Inc. is a locally-owned collection agency with several locations in North Dakota. Since 1958, DCI Credit has been collecting all types of debt including medical, retail, commercial, financial, utility, credit cards, legal judgments. They also specialize in collecting NSF checks. Their highly-trained collections agents are constantly working hard to retrieve money for their clients' accounts.
This means DCI Credit will use any power within their means to coerce you into forking over your hard-earned cash to pay off an old loan or line of credit which has gone to collections. However, DCI Credit is also governed by the rules of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) which means they are legally prohibited from the following practices:
- Calling you repeatedly
- Calling you before 8:00am or after 9:00pm
- Contacting you even after you have specifically written them not to
- Threatening you with legal action or arrest
- Using abusive or profane language
- Calling you at work if they've been told it is not allowed
- Discussing your debt with anyone else
If any collection agency has broken any of these laws while they've been harassing you for debt repayment, you may have legal grounds for a credit dispute. However, DCI Credit Services prides themselves on providing excellent customer service for their clients. (Just to be clear, their clients are the original creditors who want their money collected. YOU are not the client, you are the consumer.)
If you need to contact DCI Collect, you can use any of the details below:
|Mailing Address||1409 West ViAddress
PO Box 1347
Dickinson , ND 58602
You are more likely to successfully fight back against if you can spot an error or mistake in your credit report.
Identifying Errors in Your Credit Report
If you can provide evidence that there is a mistake in your credit report, you will have legal grounds to file a Credit Dispute directly against DCI Credit Services. Take the time to carefully go over your personal information in the account details, as well as any inquiries and public records data. Here are the most common errors that might be listed among your personal information in your credit report:
- Your name is misspelled, or wrong
- Typos in your address or contact information
- Your social security number is incorrect
- Inaccurate Employment Information
- Incorrect Payment Records
You can argue against inaccurate or incomplete information on your credit report by contacting DCI Credit Services, Inc with a Credit Dispute Letter.
Disputing Inaccuracies in a DCI Credit Services, Inc. Credit Report
Thanks to the FDCPA, you can legally submit a credit dispute letter asking the DCI Credit Services to investigate any information on your report that you believe is inaccurate. If DCI Credit agrees, they may remove the account to correct the information. Carefully compile a list of any items you feel are being reported incorrectly, explain it in writing, and specify how you believe the item should be reported instead. Include any documents that support this dispute.
Along with your findings, your credit dispute letter must include:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
- Your current address and any other addresses at which you have lived during the past two years
- A copy of a government-issued identification card such as a driver's license or state ID
- A copy of a utility bill, bank statement or insurance statement
You can also dispute the information with a major credit reporting agency (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) by phone, mail, or online.
The Easiest Way to a Clean Credit Report is With DoNotPay
Being saddled with bad credit can negatively affect your life in a lot of ways, like receiving higher interest rates or even getting denied on loan applications. Dealing with collection agencies like is frustratingly time-consuming. If you don't know the ins-and-outs of credit laws, you might find it impossible to exercise your rights to cleaning up your credit report. This is where DoNotPay comes in.
Instead of spending hours researching discrepancies in your credit history, or struggling to comprehend difficult forms, why not do things the easy way? With the help of DoNotPay, you can rest assured knowing our Clean Credit Report service has the experience needed to dispute collections on your behalf.
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
Make Life Easier With DoNotPay
Giving you the tools to clean up your credit report is only one of the many ways DoNotPay can help you out in your life. Wouldn't you like an easier way to pay bills? Or even recover lost passwords? How about easy explanations of complicated legal matters? DoNotPay is the way to go when you need help solving any issue, including:
- Canceling Subscriptions
- Suing Anyone in Small Claims Court
- Notarizing Any Document
- Filing A Police Report
- Applying For Scholarships
- Disputing Parking Tickets
- Signing Up For Free Trials
Achieve your goals the easier way--the DoNotPay way. Sign up now to discover everything we have to offer!