Get the Most Out of Your Clarion Hotels Rewards Program
Are you leaving money on the table by not knowing what your really offers? If you're relying on their mailed promotions and rewards website to keep you informed, chances are you're missing out.
That's why you want DoNotPay on your side: We find little-known Clarion Hotels perks and help you apply them to your next vacation or business trip. Ready to learn more? Let's get started:
What You Need to Know About the Clarion Hotels Rewards Program
Clarion Hotels is part of the Choice Hotels brand, and its benefits program falls under the Choice Privileges rewards program. But we'll keep things simple in this how-to, and refer to the benefits as the Clarion rewards program... assuming that's where you plan to stay.
Are You Entitled to These Common Clarion Hotels Rewards Benefits?
Everyone knows to ask about roadside assistance club, military, or senior citizen's discounts when they book a hotel stay but did you know you might be able to enjoy one of the following special upgrades or discounts if you simply ask? Here are some "secret" upgrades DoNotPay can get for you:
- Free extra nights
- Poolside or view rooms
- Waived pet fees
- Suite upgrades
- Upgraded bed sizes
- Vouchers for nearby restaurants and businesses
- Access to executive services
- Transportation services
These are just a few benefits hotels allow you to exchange your points for, but they also offer them to "sweeten the deal" when attracting your business. With the right approach, you can get them when you book your next stay, possibly without using up your valuable rewards points!
It 's Best to Ask for Hotel Upgrades Before You Book Your Room
Don't wait until you check in to ask for special hotel services and upgrades. The hotel already has your reservation, and unless you're dissatisfied with your room or their services, they have no reason to give you free hotel upgrades other than to keep you from using your points on more valuable services. You 're far more likely to get benefits or free upgrades if you ask for them before you finalize your reservation.
How to Get Your Clarion Hotels Rewards Program Perks on Your Own
Are you ready to spend some time searching online or hunting down hotel staff for benefits that are already yours for the taking? Here's what you need to do. First, be sure you have the following:
- Your Choice Privileges membership number
- Your travel itinerary
- Any other membership or military service cards that may qualify you for a discount or upgrades
- A pen and paper for taking notes--and for doodling when you're on hold
Search Through Your Junk E-mail Folder for Recent Promotions
The most common place travelers find special Clarion Hotels rewards benefits is in promotional emails.
- Run a search for "Clarion" in your email browser, and scroll through recent announcements.
- Be sure to check for promotional "codes" and expirations, but in any case, make note of all the offers you've received. They may still be available to you regardless of the date.
- Call the phone number or use the given website address to learn more about the promotion. Be prepared for an automated menu or multiple online steps.
If you're lucky, you'll be given another code, or you'll be asked to book your trip at that time to receive the benefits.
Go to the Choice Hotels rewards website
- Go to the Choice Privileges main website
- Any of these promotion icons will take you to a page requiring you to fill out your itinerary:
- Unlock exclusive deals
- Earn perks with every stay
- Choose your rewards
- Enter your itinerary and see what the website is currently offering.
- Pay for your trip to secure those benefits
Call the General Manager at Your Destination Hotel
The good news is that each Clarion hotel location is independently-owned, which means that both the owners and their General Managers have some customer service "wiggle room". Still, it can be challenging to find a live person, especially since most hotel chains and franchises encourage their customers to use their websites for information and benefits.
Here's how to deal directly with the hotel's General Manager:
- Research rates and perks at compatible hotels in the area for leverage.
- Call the hotel location at which you're staying during regular business hours.
- Ask if the General Manager is on duty, and for their name.
- If they are not on duty, ask when they will be back, or the best time to call.
- Leave a message with your contact information, but do not state your reason for calling (e.g. asking for free upgrades).
- When you speak with the General Manager, ask them if there's anything more they can do to attract your business and compete with neighboring hotels.
- If you are not ready to book at that time, ask the General Manager how to redeem his offer online, or at the specific hotel if he is not present when you book.
Be polite and professional, but be firm. The General Manager wants your business, and he has many options at his disposal for getting you to book at his location.
Let DoNotPay Jump Through the Hoops for You
Do you want to skip the hassle and have DoNotPay find and secure the best hotel benefits available?
If you want to get an upgrade at Clarion hotels but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Enter the name of the hotel you're staying at, including the location.
- Tell us the dates of your stay, who you're staying with, whether it's your first time, and whether you're a loyalty rewards member at the hotel.
- Tell us if it's a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.) and any specific upgrades you want to request.
- Tell us your current room and confirmation number.
More Ways DoNotPay Can Make Your Trip Easier
Here are some of the ways DoNotPay can act on your behalf, whether you're home or on the road:
- Apply for a tourist visa
- Notarize travel (or any!) documents online
- Help you find lost items
- File a formal complaint
- Learn Las Vegas hotel upgrade secrets
- Find out how to get upgrades through your American Express account
- Get Hilton hotel membership upgrades
- Ask for Wyndham hotel membership benefits
- Bargain for upgrades, even at sold-out hotels!
Why Not Get Started Today With DoNotPay?
Now that you know what a hassle it is to find upgrades and benefits on your own, and how DoNotPay can take care of the job by sending in a personalized, professionally-crafted letter on your behalf, do you need more convincing that we're the best way to get the job done? Probably not, but just in case--here we go!
|Fast||Don't waste time sitting on hold or waiting while hotel employees give you the runaround.|
|Easy||There's no need to research available benefits. We'll find them for you!|
|Successful||We'll request and get upgrades you (and probably the hotel's General Manager) didn't know exist!|
Think of DoNotPay as your virtual travel agent, advocating for you when you want to save money and solve common travel issues! Find out how we can , or upgrade your hotel stay without dipping into your Clarion Hotels rewards!