How to Get Citizens Bank to Increase Your Credit Limit
Your Citizens Bank Mastercard can include a number of benefits like cash back, no international fees, and reduced initial interest rates. Taking full advantage of these perks means that it could be a good idea to request a Citizens Bank increase. Credit limit increases can be approved based on some basic updates about your financial situation.
Credit card providers vary on whether they use a hard or soft inquiry when considering a , and knowing which will be used ahead of time can be difficult. DoNotPay can help you increase your spending limit without hurting your credit score.
Why Should You Increase Your Credit Limit?
Increasing your credit limit can be a good financial move regardless of whether or not you need the additional room to spend. Increasing the limit on your credit card can improve your credit score, give you more flexibility and allow you to take better advantage of the rewards your card might offer. Here are some benefits of raising your credit limit.
- One factor in calculating your credit score is the percentage of your available credit that you actually use. When you increase your credit limit, you will decrease your utilization rate and usually improve your credit score.
- Having a larger line of credit available allows you to make larger purchases and to have extra money available for emergencies.
- Many credit cards have some sort of reward for your spending, so being able to make larger purchases with your card allows you to get the most benefits from those rewards possible.
When Is It a Good Time to Increase Your Credit Limit?
While increasing your credit limit is a good way to improve your credit score, applying and being rejected for an increase can hurt your score. This means that it's important to only apply for an increase that you're likely to get. It's a good time to apply for a credit limit increase when the following conditions apply:
- Your income has increased.
- Your credit score has improved.
- You've been making your monthly payments on time.
- You haven't applied for many new credit lines recently.
All of these things don't need to be the case, but they are good signs that you're likely to be approved for an increase.
How to Request a Credit Limit Increase From Citizens Bank On Your Own
Citizens Bank offers two credit card options:
|Citizens Cash Back Plus World Mastercard
|This card offers 1.8% cashback on all your purchases.
|Clear Value Mastercard
|This is a great balance transfer card that offers 0% interest for the first 18 months.
Citizens Bank offers two ways to request a .
Call 1-800-684-2222 to speak to a credit card advisor and discuss your increase request.
- Log in to your Citizens Bank account
- Select "Increase Credit Limit."
You'll be able to request your increase from there.
Credit card issuers usually require three pieces of information when you request an increase. They are:
- Your income
- Your monthly mortgage or rent payment
- Your employment status, such as if you are traditionally employed, self-employed, retired, or a student.
This information helps the creditor understand whether you're in a good financial position to handle the higher spending limit.
Easily Request a Credit Limit Increase With DoNotPay
Understanding how to make the best decisions for your credit can be complicated. If you decide that increasing the limit on your Citizens Bank credit card is the right move for you, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay's fast, easy and successful process makes applying for a credit increase a seamless, stress-free experience.
How to request higher credit limits using DoNotPay:
If you want to request higher credit limits but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in six easy steps:
- Go to the Credit Limit Increase product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature.
- Submit your task. DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay works across all banks and credit card companies with one convenient account, so you can request an increase from any credit provider, including:
If you'd like to increase the limit on your Citizens Bank credit card, contact DoNotPay now.