Getting the Most for Your Money: How to Get a Chase Sapphire Preferred Hotel Upgrade
Ever feel like everyone knows a secret you don't? Some people seem to get everything they want and more, including hotel upgrades. Some people just get lucky and get into better hotel rooms. Others go after what they want.
It's a little-known travel secret, but anyone can get a hotel upgrade just by asking. Sometimes hotel managers give upgrades for special occasions, or when there are extra rooms. Having certain credit cards can help, including a Chase sapphire card.
Asking for a can be more daunting than it seems. First, you have to figure out who to ask. Upgrades must go through a hotel's manager, not corporate customer service. Determining who the manager is and how to contact them takes time-intensive research. Then you have to figure out what to say.
Luckily, DoNotPay offers a fast, easy way to ask for your hotel upgrade.
What Is a Chase Sapphire Hotel Upgrade?
Chase Sapphire customers may have a leg up when it comes to getting hotel upgrades.
Chase Sapphire Does Not Come With Elite Membership
Elite memberships to hotel chains may help customers get upgrades, according to Value Penguin. Some credit cards come with elite memberships, but not Chase sapphire. That doesn't mean Chase sapphire isn't a good credit card for travelers.
Chase Sapphire Points Can Be Used for Upgrades
Chase Sapphire is one of the best cards when it comes to rewards. Every dollar spent on your Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve card earns points towards travel, including hotel room upgrades. To use your points for upgrades, go through Chase's website. These technically aren't free upgrades, since you are paying for them with your points.
Upgrades With Chase Sapphire Depend on the Hotel Chain
According to Upgraded Points, some hotel chains offer special upgrades to Chase sapphire customers. SBE hotels offer special upgrades and other perks to Chase sapphire customers.
Chase also has a Luxury Hotel and Resort collection that offer special benefits to Chase sapphire customers. These hotels can be booked through Chase's travel portal. If you're planning on traveling to a location represented by the Chase Luxury Hotel and Resort collection, then that's great. If you want to go to another hotel, you can still get an upgrade.
How Can You Get a Hotel Upgrade?
Getting a hotel upgrade may be as simple as asking, but finding who to ask isn't that easy. Neither is phrasing the question. Here are some steps to take if you want to request a hotel upgrade on your own:
- Find out who the general manager of the hotel is. This may mean looking at Linkedin, or deep diving into the hotel website. Keep in mind that any customer service email won't help. The request needs to go directly to the general manager, not corporate customer service.
- Figure out how to contact the general manager. You can try contacting the front desk, but many places have policies forbidding the sharing of contact information.
- Write the request. Email the general manager asking for an upgrade. Make sure to mention any special occasions, or if you participate in any kind of rewards program at the hotel. Be polite, kind, and gracious.
Requesting your own hotel upgrade can be time-consuming. It may be hard to find the general manager, and then their contact information. Writing the request itself may be daunting. DoNotPay has an easier, faster way to do things.
Get Your Hotel Room Upgraded With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can get you on the way to your upgrade in minutes. DoNotPay's automated service is:
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours trying to get a hotel upgrade.|
|Easy||You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or wait in line to speak to a general manager.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll do the work for you.|
If you want to get a hotel upgrade but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Enter the name of the hotel you're staying at, including the location.
- Tell us the dates of your stay, who you're staying with, whether it's your first time, and whether you're a loyalty rewards member at the hotel.
- Tell us if it's a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.) and any specific upgrades you want to request.
- Tell us your current room and confirmation number.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers a lot of automated services. Things that used to require research, phone calls, or mailing applications can now be done online, thanks to DoNotPay. Here are some of the other things DoNotPay can help with:
- Notarize documents. DoNotPay's innovative and groundbreaking online notary service will save you hours.
- Find lost items. DoNotPay will figure out who you need to contact, and how. Then, they'll get the ball rolling for you.
- Apply for a tourist visa. Thinking about traveling? DoNotPay can help with your visa, too.
Getting with DoNotPay is fast and easy. DoNotPay takes the legwork out of asking for what you want. The automated system is sure to contact the right people on your behalf, so you can focus on getting ready for your vacation.