How to Search for a Cat Missing for 5 Days or More
Most pet owners consider their pets as members of their family. Many cat owners never let their cats go outside. They don't want anything to happen to them.
When a house cat gets out of the house or an outside cat does not come home within a few hours, the owner will often begin to panic. or more, many owners will give up hope. But DoNotPay can help you look for your missing cat.
What to Do if You Lose Your Cat?
When a feline , it's time to get to work to find them. Cat owners know how independent cats can be. They don't always follow the rules, and they don't always do what they are asked.
They are known for disappearing for hours or days, exploring the neighborhood. The first goal of any owner of a missing pet is to find them.
There are a few things owners can do to begin the search for their beloved pet:
- Walk around your neighborhood calling their name.
- Put their favorite food out with a bowl of water.
- Put their cat litter box outside. The cat will recognize the scent and they know it is theirs.
- Tell your neighbors that your cat is outside and shouldn't be. They can report sightings to you.
- Circulate pictures of your cat and the story of your cat on social media.
Will My Beloved Cat Come Home?
Don't give up hope. Cats that don't usually go outside may be very frightened. They could be very close to home and hiding. Whether your cat can find its way back home will depend on a variety of factors, such as:
|Demeanor||Friendly and outgoing cats are much more likely to venture further off than skittish ones when they escape the confines of the home.
Females are more prone to hunker down in a safe spot, whereas males might wander look for food or new friends.
|Location||Depending on where you live, the area surrounding your home may or may not be full of places to hide, trees to climb, or neighbors to encounter.
Indoor cats may have a diminished homing ability when lost and can easily become disoriented by new environments.
|Weather||Cold weather, precipitation, and wind will absolutely drive a lost indoor cat to find shelter in a dry, safe place to stay there.|
Report Your Lost Pet to Animal Control and Local Animal Shelters
Animal Control Officers will often pick up stray animals, lost dogs, and cats. They may have already picked up your pet. Animal Control is also called by people who find an animal. It's good to keep them on the lookout for you.
Contact animal shelters, far and wide. Your pet can travel quite a distance before they find their way to a shelter. Give them a good description of your lost pet. Many people pick up a lost animal, thinking it's a stray, and drop it off at a shelter.
You can get connected with Animal Control through DoNotPay.
How to Find Your Missing Cat Using the Resources of DoNotPay
There are many steps to take to begin the process of looking for your lost cat. DoNotPay consolidates the steps into one place.
All you have to do is follow the steps on DoNotPay, and the information will be submitted to the appropriate places. This same process is used to report a found animal.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to report lost and found pets:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the report on your behalf and make you get notified when your pet is found or if more information is needed.
Why Use DoNotPay to Help Find Your Missing Cat
You do have a lot to do to look for your cat. There are agencies, shelters, and pet organizations to contact. These organizations can be contacted through DoNotPay. The most important reasons to let DoNotPay help is because it's:
- Fast - You will be able to circulate notifications faster than making calls one at a time.
- Easy - It doesn't get easier—all the info you need in one convenient place.
- Successful - You will have the notifications done, information circulated, and hopefully be closer to getting your pets home where they belong.
We can also help you find lost dogs.
Looking Out for the Welfare of Pets and Animals is an Important Role for DoNotPay
There are many community resources available for different aspects of animal and pet care. DoNotPay brings to access to these resources easier than trying to find and connect with them on your own:
- Are you having difficulty with your vet's billing?
- Get information about licensing your pet.
- How do you report animal abuse?
- Get to know how DoNotPay can be a partner as you care for your pets.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay helps people find solutions to many problems they come across:
- Take care of a parking ticket, either by paying it or fighting it.
- Process your change of address through the post office.
- Learn ways to reduce your property taxes.
- Cancel your timeshare without the hassle
Let DoNotPay save you time while helping you find solutions.