How to Get Bank of America Late Payment Removed
You work hard to keep your credit score high because you know it gives you power over your financial future. However, one small ding can send it spiraling. If you're trying to get a from your credit report, you might find it difficult.
You think it should be easy to get a , but it isn't usually the case. You might have tried calling them directly without any luck. Now, you need to dispute it through the credit bureaus. DoNotPay can help.
What Is Bank of America?
Bank of America is a corporate bank with locations throughout the United States and around the world. This bank offers many of the banking services you need on a daily basis. Some of their services are displayed in the table below.
|Bank of America Services
What Is a Debt Validation Letter?
A debt validation letter is a letter that you or the credit bureau sends to a creditor asking them to prove that you owe the debt, and that the statute of limitations on reporting the debt hasn't run out. It's the first thing that the credit bureau does when you dispute a missed payment, current credit account, or a collections account.
The creditor must respond and offer proof within a specified period of time that the debt is legitimate and supporting documents. If they don't respond, the credit bureau will remove the information from your credit report.
Solve the Issues of Getting a Bank of America Late Payment Removed With the Help of DoNotPay
A late payment on your credit report can create a variety of problems and lower your credit score. There are times when you did make the payment late and others when you didn't. When you need to get a from your credit report, you can find all sorts of roadblocks. DoNotPay can help you get past them.
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as a reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the Issues of Getting a Bank of America Late Payment Removed
When you need to from your credit history, you might think you can go it alone. However, there are three main benefits for letting DoNotPay help you with this task, and they include:
- It's easy to do. DoNotPay can solve your credit problems in just a few clicks.
- It's fast. When you need results now, choose DoNotPay.
- It's successful. DoNotPay has helped thousands of people. We’ll help you, too.
DoNotPay Works Across all Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Your credit report and the score attached to it seem to change as if by magic, and you need more information to make informed decisions. DoNotPay can help you understand your report and score. You can start with these articles:
- Learn how to improve your credit score
- Learn how to dispute something on your credit report
- Learn more about a debt validation letter
- Learn how to remove a collections account from your credit report
- What is a credit dispute letter?
- How do you remove late payments from your credit report?
- How do you fix your credit score?
- Learn how to remove inquiries from your credit report
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is available to help you with many everyday tasks and some unusual ones. The app can be your go-to source when you want things to be a little easier. Here are a few things to try:
- Learn how to cancel subscriptions easily
- Write a financial aid appeal letter that gets results
- Enjoy help with bills when you can't pay them on time
- And so much more!
Get that with the help of DoNotPay today.