How to Get AWA Collections Off Your Credit Report
No one likes dealing with a poor credit report, no matter what caused it. Owing debt is bad enough without having to deal with a report and requests for collections from companies like AWA. If you're desperate to clean up your credit report from and escape the constant bombardment of the collections agency, you're on the right track.
While dealing with cleaning credit reports isn't always easy, it's certainly possible. You may need help from a service like DoNotPay to manage the credit report and get it tidied up as soon as possible. Thankfully, DoNotPay is easy to use and you should be able to fix up your credit report in no time and give you financial slack.
What Is AWA Collections?
AWA Collections is a third-party service dedicated to collecting debts for creditors who hire them. The company is based in California but provides services to people all around the county. The main clients AWA Collections generally helps include:
- Banks and financial institutions.
- Healthcare companies and hospitals.
- Telecommunications services.
- Utility services.
- Commercial businesses.
- Government agencies.
AWA Collections prides itself on acting with "honest and ethical conduct" and pursuing a "fair but firm" policy to help clients receive debt payments. However, the company has earned a rating of F with the Better Business Bureau for failing to respond to or resolve multiple complaints against its practices. There's no question that dealing with a credit report from AWA Collections is not an ideal situation.
How to Clean Your Credit Report of an AWA Collections Charge
If AWA Collections has been contacting you regarding a debt that you don't owe or that you have already resolved, you should be able to clean your credit report and escape the charge. There are a few ways to go about seeking resolution of your debts.
Contact AWA Collections
First things first, you can try to contact directly. On the website, the company offers a few methods for getting in touch.
|If AWA Collections shows up on your credit report||Call 888-771-3690 any time Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST|
|If you receive a letter from AWA Collections||Call 888-771-3690 any time Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST|
|If you want to make a payment||Call 888-771-3690 any time Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST OR click Make a Payment on the website.|
|You can contact their client services department||at 866-260-3631 or by sending a letter to 100 Church St., Dickson, TN 37055.|
Send a Request for Validation
If you genuinely believe that the debt is trying to collect is not a legitimate charge, it's easy to send a debt validation letter requesting them to verify that the debt is real. Simply send a letter to:
|Address||100 Church Street, Dickson, TN 37055|
- The name, address, amount owed, and account number from the original creditor.
- Details about the debt such as their age, the amount, any payments you have made on it, any interest added, and an original billing statement from the original creditor.
- Whether the debt is within the statute of limitations.
- Information from AWA Collections about their right to collect the debt, their license number and issuing agency, etc.
Send this letter in and AWA must halt pursuing your debt for at least 30 days while they provide a response.
Send a Dispute Letter
If you believe that the debt was entered on your credit report in error, and you don't owe it at all, you can also request verification by sending in a dispute letter. To do this, you will first want to communicate with the credit bureau that initially created the report. You will then need to communicate with AWA Collections to prove that the information on your credit report was inaccurate. To contact the credit bureau who issued your initial credit report, use the contact information below:
|Credit Bureaus||Phone Number||Mailing Address|
|Experian||(888) 397-3742||Experian, P.O. Box 4500, Allen, TX 75013|
|TransUnion||(800) 916-8800||TransUnion LLC Consumer Dispute Center, P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19016|
|Equifax||(866) 349-5191||Equifax Information Services LLC, P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, GA 30348|
Send the credit bureau a copy of your report with the incorrect information circled as well as:
- Your name and address.
- The mistakes you want to be fixed and why.
- Copies of documentation supporting your claim that the report is inaccurate.
Send the letter by certified mail and request a return receipt so that you know for sure the credit bureau receives it.
How to Dispute a Credit Report With Help From DoNotPay
If sounds like a long, complicated, and stressful process, well, you're not wrong. It certainly can be! And that's why DoNotPay has crafted service to help you resolve credit report issues without a hassle. Here's how it works:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
It's that simple! DoNotPay will move forward with your request to clean your credit report and get it done in no time. Plus, if you need more help with credit services, you can check out DoNotPay's other products such as Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help
Saving time, money, and stress is a specialty of DoNotPay. In addition to helping you with your credit, DoNotPay can also help you:
- Create financial aid appeal letters.
- Cancel any service or subscription.
- Get help to pay your bills.
- Standardize legal documents.
- File complaints against any company.
- And more!
To see how DoNotPay can help you resolve mistakes on your credit report and save time and money in any area, just today.