How to Transfer Amex Membership Points to Travel Partners
One of the most valuable perks of membership in the American Express (Amex) rewards program is the ability to transfer your to several airline and hotel loyalty programs. This gives members a vast selection of options for worldwide travel with substantial cost savings.
Rewards points can be one of the best ways to redeem them. American Express has partnerships with 19 different airline partners over three major alliances. The company also partners with three major global hotel chains, assuring you can reserve a quality resort anywhere you travel.
This guide will detail how you can convert your membership to Amex’s various airline and hotel partners. While this can be a tedious process, DoNotPay greatly simplifies this for you in three easy steps.
How to Earn Amex Membership Reward Points
Amex members can earn Membership Rewards Points with these cards:
|Platinum Card Members||Earn 100K points and 10x points on eligible purchases up to $25K during the first six months of membership. At the end of the six months, members earn 5X points on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel, 5X on prepaid hotels, and 1X on all other purchases.|
|Gold Card Members||Earn 75K points after spending $4,000 in the first six months of membership. After six months, members earn 4X points on dining, 4X points on groceries at U.S. supermarkets up to $25K a year, 3X points on flights booked directly or with Amex Travel, and 1X on all other purchases.|
|Green Card Members||Earn 50K points after $2,000 of eligible purchases during the first six months of membership. At the end of the six months, members earn 3x points on restaurants, transit, and travel, and 1x on all other purchases.|
|EveryDay Credit Card||Earns 10K rewards points after $1,000 of purchases in the first three months, then 2x on groceries up to $6,000 per year, then 1X. 1X on all other purchases.|
|EveryDay Preferred Credit Card||Earns 15K rewards points after $1,000 of purchase within the first three months, then 3X on groceries up to $6,000 per year, 2X on gas, and 1X on other purchases.|
|Blue from American Express||Earns 1x points on every eligible purchase.|
Where Can I Transfer My Amex Membership Rewards Points?
their membership rewards to the following travel partners.
|Partner||Amex Membership Reward Points||Partner Points||Minimum Transfer|
|Delta Skymiles||1||1 Skymile||1000 points|
|Asia Miles||1||1 Asia Mile||1000 points|
|Brittish Airways||1||1 Avios||1000 points|
|Emirates Skywards||1||1 Skywards Mile||1000 points|
|Radisson Rewards||1||3 points||3 points|
|Marriott Bonvoy||2||3 Marriott Points||400 points|
|Hilton Honors||1||2 Hilton Honors Points||200 Points|
How to Transfer Amex Points to Any Travel Partner
- Navigate to the Amex Travel Transfer Partners page.
- Select the Airline, Hotel, Other Partners, or All Partners category to narrow down your selection.
- Select the travel partner you wish to transfer your points to and click Transfer my points.
- Input the number of points you wish to transfer and review your information. All points transfers are final.
- Confirm the transfer request to complete the redemption.
How Much Money Are Amex Membership Points Worth?
The value of Amex Membership Rewards points varies on how they are used. The following is a breakdown of each redemption value.
- Online retailers with Pay with Points = 0.5 to 1 cent per point.
- Gift cards = 0.5 to 1 cent per point.
- Statement credit = 0.6 centers per point.
- Travel = 0.5 to 1 cent per point.
- Travel transfers to other partners 0.8 to 1 to 1:2 point to point ratio.
Transfer Amex Points to Travel Partners With the Help of DoNotPay
The procedure for can be quite time-consuming and tedious. However, DoNotPay can do this for you in three easy steps.
- Search “points” or “rewards” on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you’re a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you select one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer Amex Points to Travel Partners
The reason why DoNotPay has been successful with its continued service is due to to the fact that its:
- Fast—You don’t have to spend hours trying to solve the issue
- Easy—You don’t have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem
Successful—You can rest assured knowing we’ll make the best case for you
What Other Points Programs Can DoNotPay Help With?
DoNotPay can help you buy and sell points with many other travel companies.
- Transfer Southwest Airlines points
- Transfer Chase points
- Transfer Marriott points
- Sell Marriott Points
- Transfer American Airlines Miles
- Transfer United Airlines Miles
- Sell United Airlines Miles
- Transfer Hilton Points
- Sell Delta Airlines SkyMiles
DoNotPay cuts through red tape and quickly solves many problems. With over 300K people helped so far, our innovative platform continues to streamline applications and provide solutions that can save you money.