Is It Possible to Remove Amerisol Collections From Your Credit Report
If you have recently applied for a loan or if you are considering borrowing money, you realize how important a credit score can be to both the lender and the borrower. It not only affects approval of the loan, but may also dictate interest rates, down payments, and credit lines. If you have debt collections on your credit report, your credit score could be negatively impacted. But there are things you can do to minimize the damage.
DoNotPay has developed a new product, Clean Credit Report. With this product, we show you how to remove inaccurate reporting, dispute debt, or offer settlements in return for having negative collections removed from your report. And with DoNotPay's Clean Credit Report, it is quick and easy to do, saving you time, money, and stress.
What Is Amerisol Collections?
short for AmeriFinancial Solutions, LLC, is a collection agency that specializes in medical debt. They are located in Baltimore, Maryland, but work for physicians across the country to collect outstanding debts for their services. They may show up on your credit report as a collection account. You may have received correspondence or phone calls from them, and they may have threatened you with a lawsuit, garnishment, or other forms of collection.
Their contact information:
P.O. Box 65018
Baltimore, MD 21264-5018
Phone number: (800) 753-7100
Why a Good Credit Score Is Important
Negative items, such as collections, can negatively impact your credit score. A low score affects your ability to borrow money at a lower interest rate. It can also affect you in other ways:
- Larger down payments may be required when making a purchase that you are financing, such as a car, recreational vehicle, or even your home.
- Some employers run credit checks to determine the creditworthiness and stability of prospective employees.
- People with lower credit scores are often considered higher risk when obtaining insurance.
- Apartment rentals may require a co-signer if the tenant has a lower credit score.
- Services for cell phones, electricity, etc. often require a deposit if your credit score contains negative reporting.
- Credit cards may be issued at higher interest and with lower credit limits if your score is below certain thresholds.
To help your credit score, it is a good idea to carefully examine your full credit report to find out what is impacting it negatively, and determine if the information on your report is accurate.
What Can I Do to Improve My Credit Score?
There are other avenues you can follow in cleaning your credit report, including:
|Wait for the debt to expire||All collection accounts have a maximum life of seven years – the statute of limitations. Sure, they will negate your credit score, but the effect isn't permanent, especially if you aren't planning on applying for a new line of credit soon.|
|Pay off account balances, or at least pay them down||Pay the debt balance in full to have Amerisol remove the collection account as soon as possible.|
|Send a goodwill credit inquiry removal letter||Request Amerisol to remove the collection accounts on your credit report. You will need to have all the details such as account number, the reason the account was in collections, steps you have taken to reconcile the debt, and any other information that may help persuade the creditor to remove the item from your report.|
|Dispute inaccurate entries or have negative accounts removed.||You may also dispute the inaccurate information. Send dispute letters to all credit bureaus and Amerisol once you find any erroneous accounts on your credit report. The law mandates the reporting bureaus investigate your complaint.|
|Send a Pay-to-delete letter||If you are still unable to come to a favorable outcome, you can send a Pay-to-Delete letter. In this letter, you negotiate the balance with the creditor and agree upon an acceptable amount to wipe the balance and remove any negative reporting from your report.|
|Contact non-profit organizations for counseling||Reach out to non-profit organizations such as the National Foundation for Credit Counselling (NFCC) and request for a credit counselor to negotiate with you.|
And to improve your credit score,
- Pay your bills on time and never miss a payment.
- Limit how often you apply for loans.
What If I Can’t Do It Myself?
We know how important your time is. That's why we created the DoNotPay Clean Credit Report Product. By using DoNotPay, you can quickly and easily clean up your credit report by:
- Filing a Goodwill Removal Request Letter
- Sending a Credit Dispute to Correct Inaccurate Reports
- Submitting a Debt Validation Request
- Mailing a Pay-to-Delete Negotiation Letter
DoNotPay makes it easy to improve your credit score without all the hassle of doing it on your own.
How Can DoNotPay Help Me Get a Clean Credit Report?
We know how important a clean and correct credit report can be. That's why we created this product to help you get yours! And all it takes are three easy steps and a few minutes of your time. Don't worry about collection companies spending your hard-earned money on high interest, or wasting your time on research, phone calls, and correspondence that just gets ignored.
How to clean up your credit report using DoNotPay:
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more! Let DoNotPay help you make the best use of your time and money today!