The Right Way to Get an American Eagle Credit Limit Increase
American Eagle is Connecticut's largest community-focused credit union and offers five credit card options. You may want to know how to (also referred to as AEFCU.) This article will explain exactly what you should do and how to do it to get an increase on your credit limit.
Applying for a credit limit increase is not as easy as it seems. If someone applies for an increase too soon, applies for more than the card company is happy with, or the application is not completed correctly, it can be rejected. Applications and rejections can stay on someone's credit file for two years and that record can mean later applications may also be rejected.
There is an easy and successful way to increase your credit limit. You don’t have to learn all the details and go through a time-consuming process with DoNotPay.
What Are the Benefits of Credit Limit Increase?
Every card sets a credit limit for its customers. You may already have, for example, a Chase credit card, a Capital One card, a Bank of America card, or an Apple Card. They all set initial credit limits, and you may want to increase those limits at some point. Credit limits impact you and your purchasing power in different ways.
Lenders use your overall credit score to decide on several things. These include how much you can borrow and how high the interest rate will be. Increasing your credit limit brings you specific benefits such as having the ability to handle an emergency to pay for something you suddenly need or purchasing a special item.
Another reason to increase your limit is that other credit card companies, banks, and loan companies look at your overall credit limit and compare it to how much of it you actually use. Lower overall credit utilization says you are good at managing expenditure. This makes it easier for you to borrow more at, possibly, a lower interest rate.
American Eagle's Credit Card Options
American Eagle Credit Union offers four Visa credit cards plus its own American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) Store Card. The process for increasing the credit limit is different, depending on the type of card. The four Visa cards are:
|Card Type||Best For||Credit Limit Range|
|Signature Visa Credit Card||Shoppers and frequent travelers||From $5000 to $30,000|
|Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card||The savvy shopper||From $500 to $30,000|
|Platinum Visa Credit Card||The rate-conscious credit builder||From $500 to $30,000|
|Secure Visa Credit Card||Building or repairing your credit||Minimum credit limit is $250|
As you can see, there is a wide range of credit limits. Increasing the limit from $500 to $30,000 will take time and can be achieved in steps. Moving from one card to another is also an option.
Increasing your Visa Card credit limit is done directly through American Eagle. Their AEO store card is issued by Synchrony Bank, and all increases must be done through them, not AEFCU.
Who Can Get a Credit Limit Increase?
You must have your card for at least 12 months before you can apply for a credit limit increase. During that time, show that you are a low-risk credit card shopper, and you should be successful. You do that by building your credit profile. For example:
- Staying within your current credit limit
- Making your monthly payments on time or early
- Paying more than the monthly minimum whenever you are able
- Maintaining your current credit score by doing the same sort of thing with your other cards
- Keeping your overall credit utilization as low as possible
- Paying down any excessive spending as soon as possible. Everyone has an emergency at some point or wants to celebrate by spending more than usual, so pay those purchases down as soon as you can.
In addition, you may choose to apply for a credit limit increase (after the 12 months) if, for example, you:
- See your credit score has increased
- Get promoted at work, get a new job, or get a pay raise
How Do You Apply for a Credit Limit Increase on an American Eagle Visa Card?
When any AEFCU Visa card has been open for at least 12 months you have the option to apply for a credit limit increase online, by phone, or in person.
- Click this link and select Line Increase.
- Select the type of card you have now (Credit Card or Secure Credit Card.)
- Enter your existing credit card number.
- Complete all the fields and submit your replies so AEFCU can decide if you qualify.
Have all your documents to hand, then call the loan phone center at (860) 568 2020.
You may print the online forms, and instead of submitting them:
- Take them to your AEFCU branch.
- Bring all the necessary documents you used to complete the forms, so the branch member can personally check, confirm that everything is there, and submit it for you.
One advantage of visiting your branch or speaking with the loan center is that if there are any queries, they can be answered before the forms are submitted. You will also get an idea as to how successful your increased credit limit application may be.
How Do You Apply for a Credit Limit Increase on an American Eagle Outfitters Store Card (AEO)?
American Eagle Outfitter Store Cars are managed by Synchrony Bank, so all communications must be through them, not American Eagle. You have two options to apply for a credit limit increase: online and by phone.
- Go to American Eagle at Synchrony Bank.
- Enter your user id and password.
- Select increase credit limit.
- Complete all boxes and submit.
- Have all the paperwork you need to hand.
- Call (800) 843 0875.
- Select Option 2 when the auto message offers that option.
- Enter your card number.
- Wait for a representative to answer, then say you want to increase your credit limit.
Next Steps for Increasing Your American Eagle Credit Limit if You Can't Do it Yourself
American Eagle offers five different credit cards and applying for a credit limit increase takes time. You have to get all your paperwork together to prove you are eligible for an increase, then you must spend time online, on the phone, or visiting your branch. You must also make sure everything you input or say is accurate.
Why Use DoNotPay
If you do not have the time to do all this yourself, or if you would rather have an expert do it for you, DoNotPay is the answer. DoNotPay:
- Makes it easy for you, because they complete the forms and track each step to increase your American Eagle credit limit.
- Saves you time, because they do all the work.
- Delivers results because they will put the case for you to get your increase.
How to Request Your Credit Limit Increase with DoNotPay
If you want to request higher credit limits but don't know where to start, has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Credit Limit Increase product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature.
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
DoNotPay Can Help You Increase Your Credit Limit with All Companies
As well as American Eagle and the companies mentioned in the first paragraph, we can also help you increase your credit limit with:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Our product range is broad. We can also help you with:
DoNotPay offers many services, so get in touch today.