How to Find Affordable Dentists In Springfield, MO
One would think that in a country as great as the United States, everyone would have easy access to affordable health care, including dental and vision services. After all, most other nations in the world offer such basic services to their citizens. Sadly, many Americans go without proper dental care. If you need to find an affordable dentist in Springfield MO, DoNotPay can help.
One of the most important aspects of good parenting involves teaching your kids how to take care of their teeth. Brushing after every meal and flossing at least once a day are valuable practices that can help your kids keep their pearly whites in good condition for a lifetime.
Youngsters who learn to enjoy visits to the dentist tend to be less fearful as adults, too. That's why it's important to know an affordable dentist in Springfield, MO, or wherever you happen to live.
10 Tips to Keep Your Smile Healthy for a Lifetime
- Visit a dentist regularly
- Rinse thoroughly after every meal
- Use the right toothbrush and toothpaste
- Keep your mouth clean
- Never share a toothbrush
- Floss regularly
- Be careful with toothpicks
- Avoid super-cold and super-hot foods and beverages
- Eat healthy foods rich in calcium
- Never use your teeth to crack nuts or open bottles
How to Find Free or Low-Cost Dental Services in and Around Springfield MO
If the prices at your local dentist’s office are beyond the reach of your pocketbook, there may be a way to get the dental care and affordable dentist in Springfield MO you need without going deeply into debt. The US Health Resources & Services Administration says there are several low-cost clinics in the Springfield area, including:
|Fordland Clinic||1300 E Bradford Pkwy
Springfield, MO, 65804-4264
|Jordan Valley Community Health Center||1720 West Grand St.
Springfield, MO, 65802-4802
|Jordan Valley Community Health Center Medical Tower||Springfield, MO, 65802-1964
1443 North Robberson Ave. Ste 505
Call each clinic and explain your situation. If the clinic offers dental services, ask how to apply for free or low-cost care. Bear in mind that sliding-scale dental care is wholly dependent on your household income.
Dental Schools Sometimes Provide Free or Reduced Rate Services
Student dentists and dental hygienists often appreciate having a live mouth to practice on. According to the Commission on Dental Accreditation, the dental school nearest to Springfield is at Ozarks Technical Community College at 1001 East Chestnut Expressway. Go ahead and give the school a call at (417) 447-7500 and ask if they offer low-rate dental care. If they do not, they may be able to point you in the right direction to find a cheap dentist in Springfield, MO.
Free Dental Care Clinics
America's Dentists Care Foundation (ADCF) periodically sponsors free Mission of Mercy (MOM) dental clinics where under-served individuals and families receive excellent dental care for little or no cost. In 2022, there will be a clinic at the Chaifetz Arena in Saint Louis, Missouri on July 15 and 16. Call ADCF at (316) 260-5056 to learn more about free and low-cost pop-up dental clinics in your area.
Affordable Dental Services for Kids and Adults
If your income is low enough, you can apply to the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and/or the Missouri Department of Social Services. Eligibility for Medicaid depends on things like income level and the number of family members. Qualified individuals include:
- Adults aged 19 to 64 without disabilities
- Blind or visually impaired adults
- Children from birth to age 18
- Disabled individuals
- Parents or caretakers with a child age 18 or younger
- Pregnant women
- Seniors age 65 and older
- Women aged 18 to 55 with no health insurance
- Women under age 65 with breast or cervical cancer
An Easier Way to Find a Cheap Dentist in Springfield MO
Calling every clinic listed can take a significant amount of time, and there is no guarantee that any clinic will give you free dental care. That's why DoNotPay designed a product that takes the hassle out of finding affordable dentistry in Springfield MO and everywhere else. Here's how it works:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and get back to you with the information you requested!
DoNotPay Makes So Many Things Easier
Besides helping people find low-income dentists and free dental clinics, DoNotPay can assist persons without dental insurance to find and obtain the care they need. Finding affordable dental care isn't all we do, however.
- DoNotPay can file a claim in small claims court
- DoNotPay can schedule an appointment at your local DMV
- DoNotPay can save you money on your property taxes
- DoNotPay can help you pay your bills
- DoNotPay can help you sign up for and cancel free trials
- DoNotPay can help you find and apply for educational scholarships
- DoNotPay can find unclaimed funds in your name
- DoNotPay can file a complaint on your behalf
When You Are Ready to Save a Ton of Money on Dental Care
Don't make yourself crazy trying to find an affordable dentist in Springfield or anywhere. Just ask DoNotPay, and we'll do the hard work for you.