How to Get the Aargon Agency, Inc. Off Your Credit Report
Are you looking to make a major purchase? Maybe you have your eye on a new SUV, EV, or truck. Or you're looking to finance or refinance a home. Perhaps you're hoping to finance your child's rather hefty tuition at a prestigious institution.
To do so, you need excellent credit scores. But when you last looked at your credit report, you saw a negative mark from something from Aargon Agency. You've never heard of them and don't know whether this is legitimate or part of an elaborate scam. All you know is you need to get the to move forward, and you're unsure where to start.
What Is the Aargon Agency?
The is a legitimate business. Headquartered in Las Vegas, they are a nationally licensed collection agency, and they specialize in recovering medical and utility debt, as well as other forms of consumer debt. So, if, for example, you are in arrears on a hospital or healthcare provider bill, the Aargon Agency may have been called in to collect.
Though it's headquartered in Nevada, the Aargon Agency also has offices in:
You can reach them through
|Headquarters Address||8668 Spring Mountain Rd,
Las Vegas, NV 89117
They were first established in 1996 and currently have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Despite this rating, the Aargon Agency is like most other debt collection agencies in that their collection tactics are fairly aggressive. Online review sites are littered with complaints from consumers who have dealt with them.
However, the Aargon Agency services companies, so these complaints have little actual effect on their business.
How Do I Clean Up My Credit Report If the Aargon Agency Debt Is Not Mine?
If you suspect that the debt you see listed by Aargon Agency on your credit report is not yours, you should dispute the debt. Collections hurt your credit score far more than late payments or inquiries.
When the Aargon Agency first contacts you, they are obligated to provide you with information substantiating your debt. Tell them to contact you in writing if they first contact you by phone. Within five days, by law, they must send you a debt validation letter.
That letter must include
- The name of the creditor you originally owed money to
- The amount of money you owe
- That you have 30 days to formally dispute the debt or else the collection agency will assume it is valid, and
- The collection agency must give you written evidence that you owe the debt if you dispute the debt in writing,
When you receive the letter, review it carefully to ensure that the debt they are contacting you about is yours.
How Do I Get the Aargon Agency Off My Credit Report?
Depending on why the Aargon Agency is listed on your credit report, there are several ways to get it off
- Wait seven years
- Dispute the debt
- Pay off the debt in full
- Request a Goodwill Removal request
- Negotiate a settlement
Whether your debt is paid off or not, late payments, bankruptcies, and collection accounts will remain on your credit report for seven years. But, of course, you likely need a clean credit report much sooner.
- You can also dispute the debt, which may result in its removal or revision if it is inaccurate. Doing so requires you to contact each credit agency with Aargon Agency listed on your credit report. They'll open up investigations to determine whether your debt is being inaccurately reported.
- You can also pay off the debt in full. But you may not have the money to do so. There's also no guarantee that the Aargon Agency will delete your collections account. If you pay off your debt or have verified that it's already been paid off, you can send them what's called a Goodwill removal request to ask them to remove it. However, they don't have to do so.
- Finally, you can try to negotiate a settlement. Many collections agencies will settle your debt for a fraction of what you owe. However, even settling the debt doesn't get it removed from your credit report. You'd need to negotiate an agreement to settle in exchange for their deleting the entry from your account.
But, again, they don't have to do so. In fact, if you try to negotiate such a settlement without knowing how, you could give the Agency an opening to sue you for the debt.
How Can I Easily Clean Up My Credit for Less?
There's an easier way to clean up your credit that doesn't require you to retain a lawyer, master the ins and outs of consumer finance, or even pay every dime you owe. If you're looking to spruce up your credit report, DoNotPay can help. All you need to do is
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
No matter why Aargon Agency is listed on your account, DoNotPay can help you get it removed from your credit report.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You Manage Your Finances?
DoNotPay helps you manage your online finances quickly and easily. Whether you need help with bills, obtaining financial aid, or canceling services, we can simplify things for you!
But if you need to
- improve your credit score
- dispute debts
- remove collections from your report
- or otherwise clean up your credit
DoNotPay has a wealth of resources that can ensure you have access to the financing you need.
It can also help you with other legal needs