Claim Free Gas With AAA Fuel Rewards Easily
Sometimes, it seems like gas prices change overnight. With the right fuel rewards program, you can save on gas and soften the impact on your wallet when prices go up. When prices fall, you can enjoy a little more discretionary income. It just takes time to fill out the forms or set up an account.
program is being offered through the nationwide Fuel Rewards program. If you already have a Fuel Rewards account, you can use the same account profile, but you must sign in through the co-branded web page. Going through the co-branded site extends your membership to include AAA benefits at participating Shell gas stations.
How to Get the AAA Fuel Rewards
Signing up for is a multi-step process because you must connect to the following three programs:
- AAA membership
- Fuel Rewards account
- Shell Fuel Rewards
Use the following steps as a guide to do it yourself or skip to the next section and let DoNotPay do it for you.
Your first step is to become an AAA member. If you are already a member, you need to locate your AAA membership card. If you are not a member, you can use the AAA website to become a member. Whether you are or want to become a member, getting past the home page can be challenging, especially if your state is not listed in the drop-down menu.
Fuel Rewards Member
Fuel Rewards is a free loyalty program to help you save on gas purchased at Shell locations. To sign up, visit the Fuel Rewards website. Once you've joined, you will need to link your AAA membership to your Fuel Rewards account.
Shell Fuel Rewards
Once your AAA and Fuel Rewards are linked, you need to ensure that the connection carries over to Shell. AAA suggests going to the co-branded web page at Fuel Rewards to register.
How Does the AAA Fuel Rewards Program Work?
Once your membership is linked to your Fuel Rewards account, you automatically have Gold Status, which means a five-cent discount on each gallon of gas purchased at participating Shell locations. The AAA fuel rewards program provides extended Gold Status. You do not have to meet minimum fill-up requirements to maintain Gold Status through 2022. The AAA discount can be combined with other offers.
Here are more details:
|Savings/gallon||5 cents off per gallon|
|How it works||You must use your Fuel Rewards card to receive gas discounts. You can use the card at the pump or in the store.|
|How to sign-up||Signing up for is a multi-step process because you must connect to three programs - AAA membership, Fuel Rewards account and Shell Fuel Rewards. Follow the 3 steps above to sign up.|
|Additional Benefits||You can also earn points while shopping, dining, renting a car, or purchasing event tickets|
|Where is it available?||Participating Shell gas stations|
Obtaining Your Discount
You must use your Fuel Rewards card to receive discounts at Shell locations. You can use the card at the pump or in the store.
- In-store - Present your card or alternate ID (mobile phone number) to the cashier before fueling. Then, prepay for your gas to receive the five-cent discount.
- At-the-pump - Swipe your Fuel Rewards card at the pump before providing payment. You may also use your alternate ID.
The discount is shown on your fuel receipt.
Getting More Discounts
Because of your Fuel Rewards membership, you can earn points while:
- Dining - Earn ten cents off a gallon of gas for every $50 spent at participating restaurants. Payment must be with a credit card linked to your Fuel Rewards account.
- Shopping online - Earn five cents off of gas for every $50 you spend.
- Shopping at Shell - Earn rewards when purchasing select items at participating locations.
- Renting a car - Receive 25% off the base rental rates and earn ten cents off a gallon of gas.
You can also get discounts and earn points for the following:
- Event Tickets - Spend $50 on live event tickets and earn ten cents off a gallon of gas.
- Featured Offers - Receive discounts and deals on groceries, delivery services, and more.
Investigating what is included in a Fuel Rewards program can help you save even more on gas.
How DoNotPay Can Help
If you want to get discounts and rewards for fuel but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in three easy steps:
- Open DoNotPay and click on the Fuel Rewards Product.
- Choose whether you would like to 1) Sign up for a new rewards account, 2) See your Alt ID, or 3) Check on your fuel points. If it's your first time using our product, you'll be prompted to sign up for a rewards account first.
- If you choose to see your Alt ID or fuel points, DoNotPay will display that information for you. Otherwise, we'll guide you through a few questions so we can sign you up for a rewards account at your favorite gas station on your behalf.
Instead of bouncing from website to website, just enter your information and let DoNotPay do the bouncing!
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me Do?
If you want to maximize fuel rewards, you can sign up for the following rewards programs through DoNotPay:
- Exxon fuel rewards
- Kroger fuel rewards
- Shell fuel rewards
- Safeway fuel rewards
- Murphy fuel rewards
- 711 fuel rewards
- Chevron rewards
- BP fuel rewards
Check out the DoNotPay website for all available services.