How to Be Compensated for Your Losses From an Xcel Power Outage the Easy Way
Power outages can be devastating in a home: you risk having spoiled food, lost wages, or broken appliances. You may also face injuries. If you've had an , you may not know what to do next. That's where DoNotPay comes in: the DoNotPay app can help you get compensated for your power outage and even file a claim with their claims department.
What Causes Power Outage?
There are several causes of power outages. Some of these are:
|Natural Causes||Strong winds, lightning, snow, ice on the lines, and rain can cause a power outage. A tree branch contacting power lines is an addition.|
|Equipment Failures||Not every time a piece of equipment can do its job perfectly. It requires maintenance and repairs once broken. It includes problems with switches, cables, transformers, etc.|
|Human Error||There are times when we unintentionally contact power lines causing power outages. Examples are traffic accidents and placing an antenna near a power cable.|
|Scheduled Maintenance||Part of maintaining the safety and performance of equipment is maintenance. Sometimes scheduled maintenance is needed to avoid accidents in the future.|
How Do You Check for an Xcel Power Outage?
When your power is out, your first stop should be the Xcel Energy outage map, as the Xcel power outage may have already been reported. If it hasn't, you can report the outage through the Xcel web portal by texting the word "OUT" to 98936 or call Xcel Energy at 1 (800) 895-2999. If the outage is due to an emergency such as a downed power line blocking a road, call 911 first.
How Do You Get Compensated for an Xcel Power Outage on Your Own?
Getting compensation for an Xcel Energy power outage can be tricky. However, it's worth a try if you've suffered significant losses (such as spoiled food or lost wages). You'll need:
- Your Xcel member ID number
- The date and time of the power outage
- A detailed accounting or itemized list of the losses you suffered due to the outage
- Any evidence you have of these losses, such as receipts for food
- A completed Claim Application for your state
Get these items together and contact Xcel Energy. If they determine that the power outage was due to their negligence, you will be eligible for compensation. Otherwise, the claims department will tell you to contact your homeowner's or renter's insurance to claim with them.
How Do You Get Your Power Restored With Xcel Energy?
The first step to getting your power restored with Xcel Energy is to report the power outage. Thankfully, Xcel makes this easy: you can text the word "OUT" to 98936, report the outage online, or call 1 (800) 895-2999. You can also call that phone number or text the word "STAT" to 98936 if you want to check the estimated repair time of your outage. In case of storms, Xcel may not send a person to perform the electrical repair until the situation is safe.
How to Get Compensated for an Xcel Power Outage With DoNotPay
If you want to get compensation for an outage but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 9 easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your energy provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also, add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Why Use DoNotPay After an Xcel Power Outage?
DoNotPay is the fastest, most reliable way to ensure that you get reimbursed for your losses after an extended power outage. By getting all your information together in the app, you know it will go to the right place. Because DoNotPay has contact information for every power utility in its database, you can rest assured that the right people will see your claim, and you'll have the maximum chance of success.
DoNotPay is also simple to use: because everything happens in the app, you can see the entire claim in a single go and add to it as necessary.
DoNotPay Works Across All Utilities With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay doesn't just work with Xcel Energy. With the DoNotPay app, you can directly file claims with any cable, Internet, or electricity provider. These providers include:
And many more. Regardless of your energy provider, DoNotPay can help you get compensated for power or utility outages.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay can do much more than help you file claims with Xcel Energy. As the world's first robot lawyer, it can help you:
- Get into premium airport lounges for free
- Be compensated for fraudulent robocalls
- Appeal parking tickets in any city
- File a formal complaint against any company
- Skip the customer service queue when calling any company for assistance
And much, much more! DoNotPay is a solution to nearly any bureaucratic or administrative problem you have.