Do They Test For Drugs When You Donate Plasma?
If you enjoy helping the needy or seeing other people benefit from you, then donating plasma could be the best thing you can do. You'd not only make up to $1000, but you can help a child or a person with cancer to recover and live a better life. You can donate plasma at a location near you.
However, many people ask, “When you donate plasma do they test for drugs?" While they may not test for drugs, it's good to know what doctors check before they accept your donation.
Plasma Donor Eligibility Requirements
Not everyone can donate plasma. Some people may only be restricted for some time, while others can never donate due to underlying conditions or drug intake.
It's important to know the criteria doctors follow when taking your plasma. These steps help guarantee the safety of the people receiving your donation.
In general, you should:
- Be at least 18 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds or 50 KGs
- Undergo a medical examination and complete an extensive medical history screening
- Take a test for transmissive viruses such as HIV or hepatitis
- Follow a recommended diet program and take in a lot of water
Restrictions in Donating Plasma
|Can You Donate Plasma If….?
|You Take Caffeine
|But you should not have exceeded the recommended five cups a day. However, it can be dangerous for you as too much caffeine makes you pee. This means you lose water from your body. When you give plasma, you lose more water.
|You Smoke Cigarettes
|Smoking cigarettes cannot stop you from donating plasma. However, if you plan to donate, avoid smoking on the day of your appointment and three hours afterward. Smoking before your appointment can lead to increased blood pressure, while smoking afterward can lead to dizziness.
|You Drink Alcohol
|Drinking alcohol doesn't disqualify you from giving plasma donations. However, you should not drink alcohol 24-48 hours before giving a donation. It can make you dehydrated, making it difficult for you to donate.
|You Consume Cannabis
|Many clinics will not disqualify you for smoking cannabis. However, if you appear for a donation when you're visibly high, they might defer you from their clinic.
|You Take Unprescribed Drugs
|If you recently injected yourself with unprescribed drugs, you must wait for at least five years before you can donate.
Do They Test For Drugs?
Every clinic has different protocols regarding drug tests. Some require donors to allow them to randomly drug test them, while others will check for signs before asking for a drug test.
Some signs that can make clinics decide to drug test you include signs of injectable drugs, bloodshot eyes, poor skin tone, and visible intoxication. If a clinic finds that you use drugs, they might permanently defer you from their clinic.
DoNotPay Can Help You With Plasma Donation
Finding a suitable clinic to donate plasma can be difficult. DoNotPay is a product that makes searching for a clinic easier by allowing you to search for clinics in your local area.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find Plasma Donation Clinics Near You
DoNotPay has a good record of helping its customers find reliable institutions in their local area. We go an extra step to research and find clinics near you that you might not be able to find anywhere else.
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to find clinics or send inquiries about your concerns. We'll do that for you.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep calling or visiting clinics to find out if you're eligible for plasma donation.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll find the best clinics near you that'll collect your plasma and show the utmost gratitude for your donation
DoNotPay can help you get answers to the following questions related to plasma donation:
- How often can you donate plasma?
- Can you donate plasma after a Covid vaccine?
- How old do you have to be to donate plasma?
- How long does it take to donate plasma?
- Can diabetics donate plasma?
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
If you're struggling to find solutions to other health-related problems, you can also rely on DoNotPay to help you find the quality service you need. We help people solve legal issues, escape costly upgrades, and find the best solutions to their problems with institutions.
Here are other things we can help you with:
Donating plasma is incredibly important. However, not everyone can donate, and if you take drugs, you might permanently lose your opportunity to donate plasma. Therefore, it's good to find out what protocols a clinic follows to test for drugs.
You can use to send your inquiries to a clinic from the comfort of your home. !