Request a Salary Increase at Walmart and Get It
Being properly compensated for a job is something everyone deserves, but it can be hard to know the right ways to negotiate your salary or ask for a raise. Whether you're just starting out at Walmart or are looking to rise through the ranks after years of dedication, asking for a salary increase is a significant decision. If you're looking to increase your salary with Walmart, but don't know where to begin, read on to discover how DoNotPay can help you get started.
How Often Should I Get a Raise?
Dedicating a significant amount of time to working for Walmart may have you wondering how often you should be receiving a raise. While the timeline can change depending on where you work and the position you hold, the rule of thumb for the timeline of a raise is that it occurs once a year. Employers that utilize salary pay often implement an annual percentage increase, usually around 3-5%, that the employee's salary will increase by the next year. This is usually a bit different for retail businesses like Walmart, as non-managerial employees typically receive minimum wage and are paid hourly. Wage increases for these workers usually happen as a result of an increased hourly wage, such as an increase from $10.25 to $10.75 per hour.
How Often Do Raises Occur at Walmart?
Raises occur at Walmart on an annual basis. While you are technically able to request a raise at any time, it's recommended to wait at least six months until after you've started at a new job, so if you just joined the Walmart team, make sure you put in the hours before requesting a raise.
Walmart employees report that their annual raises present as an increased hourly wage, which ranges on an average of 20 cents to 60 cents with recent years reporting smaller increases to the hourly pay rate.
How to Negotiate a Walmart Salary Increase on Your Own
Negotiating a salary increase for any job requires a lot of research. The more information you have to support the logical nature of you getting a raise, the more likely you are to receive it. As you prepare to negotiate a salary increase at Walmart on your own, use the following steps as a guide.
- Research salaries for other Walmarts near you, especially those that are in a similar role to you. If their salary is higher than yours, this will be a great asset in showing that you deserve the same compensation as you perform the same duties.
- Gather numbers that show how you've positively impacted Walmart since you've started. Whether this is an increase in a certain product sold or a decrease in financial loss due to shoplifting, any positive growth that can be directly tied back to you is great to include.
- Determine what you'd like your salary to be. This can be a hard number or a range, but either way, this is the number you'll be presenting to your higher-ups at Walmart when negotiating your salary increase.
Once you've gathered all the essential information, you're ready to negotiate your salary. When it comes to actually discussing an increase to your pay, you have a variety of options to choose from, including:
|Requesting through email is quite helpful as you can list out your reasoning.|
|Phone||Over the phone allows you to potentially speak to a financial officer regarding your situation if necessary.|
|In-Person||This is the most beneficial and convenient way especially if the person bestowing your raise is someone you know and see often. Just make sure you know the right time to ask.|
Negotiate a Walmart Salary Increase Quickly and Easily With DoNotPay
DoNotPay helps you negotiate an increase to your Walmart salary without all the hassle of doing research and gathering information. With only a few details about your specific situation, DoNotPay will get to work drafting a professionally written salary negotiation letter that you can give to your Walmart employer.
All you have to do is:
- Search "negotiate my salary" on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of your company and the industry you work in, so we can find the right wage statistics for your role.
- Answer a series of questions regarding your qualifications and achievements, relocation expenses, and other job offers if applicable.
- Enter the new base salary you would like to request.
And that's it! Once the information is finalized, DoNotPay will generate an official salary negotiation letter that you can then email or present to your employer.
DoNotPay can also teach you a few more things about salary negotiations, such as:
- When to ask for a raise?
- How much of a raise should you ask?
- How to negotiate salary over the phone?
- How to negotiate salary through email?
- How often should you get a raise?
- Should I negotiate my salary?
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me With?
Helping you negotiate a Walmart salary increase is just the beginning of the benefits DoNotPay can provide. Explore the relevant links below to discover how DoNotPay can get started by helping you solve everyday problems:
- Reduce my property taxes
- Fight discrimination in the workplace
- Ask for a raise over email
- Get refunds and chargebacks from companies
- How to cancel any subscription or service