How to Apply for Maternity Leave at Walmart?
Have a bundle of joy coming soon and thinking about how to take advantage of ? You're in the right place! We have everything you need to know about Walmart's paid parental leave policies and how you can add FMLA leave to your time off if you need to.
Applying for FMLA can be essential for those who had to leave early due to pregnancy complications or even for those who simply need more time with their little one. You can file an FMLA claim yourself. However, it often requires a lot of time, effort, and patience to get through.
On the other hand, DoNotPay can do it for you, no matter where you are! We can send FMLA request letters in every state, including:
|California||New York||New Jersey|
|South Dakota||New Mexico||Wyoming|
Walmart Maternity Leave Policies
According to FAQ page, all full-time workers are eligible for maternity and parental leave under a few conditions. For one, full-time hourly employees are eligible after 12 months with Walmart, while salaried, metro and partnered drivers are eligible for leave starting on their hire date.
Other information you'll need to know about their policies include:
- You get ten weeks of maternity leave
- You get six weeks of parental leave
- If both parents work at Walmart and are eligible, they both get full-time off
- You are paid 100% of your pay while on paid leave
Need More Time? How to Use FMLA to Take Unpaid Leave From Walmart
An FMLA form will come in handy when you decide six or ten weeks isn't enough time off with your new little one. If this is the case for you, you have the option to apply for FMLA and get more time off — although you're not guaranteed pay, just more time off without losing your job.
This is thanks to the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, which protects you from losing your job due to specific family and medical reasons. Although it varies from state to state, maternity is often covered under labor law.
However, there are a set number of hours, company size, and other factors that determine your eligibility for FMLA.
How to Get Walmart Maternity Leave by Yourself
Fortunately, FMLA is not always needed (although you may need it if you've worked less than 12 months at Walmart!). On the other hand, if you're a full-time employee and you've been at Walmart for more than a year when your child is born, then you qualify for their maternity leave.
To request maternity leave at Walmart, Walmart's "Associate's Guide to Maternity Leave" says to follow these steps:
- Request your leave online.
- Review the maternity leave packet
- Go to Sedwick to complete the release of information
- Get your medical certification completed by your doctor
- Return all documents within 20 days
Let DoNotPay Request Your Leave for You
In just six easy steps, DoNotPay can get you ready for your little one faster than any other solution. After all, having a baby requires little sleep and many hours of commitment — the last thing you want to add to it is a full-time job before you're ready.
So, get on DoNotPay's Parental Leave Requests & Benefits product and fill out the following:
- Tell us which state you work in (if you work in CA, NY, NJ, MA, WA, or DC, your state has a paid family leave program).
- Choose whether you want us to apply to the program for you or contact your employer with your leave request. If you want to apply for the program, we will walk you through the questions on the form and mail the application form for you.
- If you want us to contact your employer, enter your leave details, including the starting date, number of weeks of leave, and how many weeks of paid leave you are requesting (for example, you may take a 12-week leave, but only request 8 weeks of paid leave to make the request reasonable).
- Indicate whether you are the birth parent or not (birth parents have a few additional legal protections).
- Enter the name of your company and the person to address this request to.
- Select whether you want us to email the request to your employer on your behalf.
And just like that, you can rest assured you'll be financially comfortable while taking time off to be with your baby! DoNotPay knows how challenging it can be to get your in order, especially when you need more than six weeks with your newborn. Let us take care of this and more to make your life easier:
- Obtain your or your baby's birth certificate.
- Save some money by using brand/company discounts, claiming lost money, and getting popular fees waived.
- While you're at it, find the best school for your little one!