Let DoNotPay Handle Your Topeka Animal Control Problems
People of Topeka, Kansas know that animals are sometimes difficult to avoid. Whether it's a wild coyote, snapping turtle, or just your neighbor's dog, unruly creatures in the area come from all over. Let Topeka Animal Control handle the problem so you can stay safe in your home and yard.
When it comes to making a report, a call to the facility may work fine at times, but be tough to get through on others. You'll be waiting a while to hear from someone on a holiday, for example. Let DoNotPay handle the problem for you by on your behalf. The prompt service will get the ball rolling before you ever could.
About the Topeka Animal Control Unit
The Topeka Police Department has their own Animal Control Unit to handle calls. They enforce ordinances pertaining to:
- The leash law
- Pet vaccinations
- Licensing requirements
- Animal cruelty
- Animal neglect or abuse
- Loose pets
- Deceased animals on roadways
They do not attend calls about barking dogs. You'll have to call the traditional non-emergency number at 785-368-9200 for those complaints.
The Topeka Animal Control Unit's Hours, Location, and Contact Details
Officers remain on duty five days per week, from 8 am to 4 pm. You can still get a hold of someone after hours and on weekends, but it may take longer for a response.
|Address||320 S Kansas Ave Ste 100
Topeka, KS 66603
|Website||Animal Control | Police Department|
What to Do if Your Pet Is Taken by Animal Control
Topeka Animal Control officers typically bring pets to Helping Hands Humane Society, located at 5720 SW 21st Street. You can head there in person to speak with someone about getting your pet back.
If you have a citation against you, such as breaking the leash law, then you can call 785-368-9203 to have an officer meet you and issue your citation. You're then free to take your pet home.
If your dog was involved in a biting incident or caused harm to another person's pet or property, you will not be able to bring him home that day.
How to Handle an Animal Bite Situation
The Topeka Police Department has a procedure in place that they encourage animal bite victims to follow. The steps include:
- Report your bite to the police
- Seek medical treatment
- Consult with the Shawnee County Health Department
- Register a citation with the animal control officer
Dog Bite Laws in Kansas
Various Kansas laws have been set pertaining to animals. In regards to dog bites:
- Owners are liable for their dog's actions if they had prior knowledge of aggressiveness.
- Owners are not liable for their dog's actions if the person bitten was in the midst of a crime or attempting to trespass.
Make Your Report Using DoNotPay
After being bitten, you most likely want to get the medical treatment you need and go home to rest. It can be quite traumatic to suffer from any sort of injury, let alone one caused by a vicious animal. Let DoNotPay make the report for you so you can get some rest.
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
Can I Sue for a Dog Bite?
If the owner is proven negligent in their dog's biting incident, you can sue for damages. It's best to make your report promptly, as many states have a one or two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims. Get started quickly with DoNotPay:
- Select the "Sue Now" product after you log into DoNotPay.
- Enter the dollar amount you believe you are owed - typically the amount charged for any hospital bills.
- Select between the demand letter or court filing forms.
- Describe your reasons for filing the claim and submit any details about your case.
DoNotPay will generate the necessary forms and court documents, as well as mail them for you so you can get the process started.
DoNotPay Assists You With Animal Control Reports in Every City and State
isn't all DoNotPay can handle. We assist you with animal control reports in every city and state nationwide. Whether you're trying to find an animal control facility or want to learn more about the dog bite laws in the area, DoNotPay has you covered. Just a few of our service areas include:
- Los Angeles
Contact DoNotPay for any of your animal control needs, whether you're home or traveling.
Other Services DoNotPay Provides
DoNotPay provides far more services to its users. Whether you want to make reports of other kinds or need help with various legal tools, we have you covered. We can also:
- Offer an unemployment checklist
- Help you find missing money
- Assist you with signing up for a free Netflix trial
- Teach you how to format letters correctly
DoNotPay covers a wide range of topics and strives to provide the information you need to handle anything on your own or with our assistance.