How to Contact Forsyth County Animal Control in North Carolina
Animal control in Winston-Salem and throughout Forsyth County is conducted through the Sheriff's Office Animal Service Division. You may need to contact animal control if you experience an issue with an animal in Forsyth County.
Understanding laws regarding animal control can be a lot to keep track of, and it can be difficult to know who is responsible in an incident with animals. You may get tripped up on whether you can sue for financial compensation for injuries sustained and whether you need to hire a lawyer for this. However, there is a way to efficiently report animal incidents and get you compensated for any injuries you incurred.
With the Animal Control product from DoNotPay, it is easy to document and report a dog-bite or other animal-related incident in Forsyth County.
About Animal Control in Forsyth County, NC
All animal control activities in Forsyth County are conducted through the Animal Service Division of the county sheriff's office. The goal of this animal control department is to promote positive pet ownership and to handle cases of animal welfare and other incidents. They also work with the Forsyth County Humane Society and are part of the pet adoption process in the area.
Location, Hours, and Contact Details for Forsyth County Animal Services
If you live in Forsyth County, it is a good idea to have the information of the local animal control in case it is ever needed.
|Address||5570 Sturmer Park Circle Winston-Salem, NC 27105|
|Phone Number||336 703 2480|
Dog Bite Laws in Forsyth County, North Carolina
If you are a victim of a dog bite in Forsyth County, NC, you have rights. Under North Carolina General Statutes 67-12, owners are not allowed to let dogs roam freely. If a dog roams and causes damage, the owner is responsible.
Who Is Liable if a Dog Bites Someone?
In Forsyth County and throughout North Carolina, the owner of the dog is liable if the dog bites someone. North Carolina law states that in the event of a dog biting or causing property damage, the owner is responsible for the damages.
What Do I Do if I Have Been Bitten by an Animal in Forsyth County?
All animal bites and other incidents in Forsyth County are handled by the Animal Service Division. It is important to gather as much information as you can about the bite to make the best case possible. This can mean taking photos of the incident or getting the information about the dog's owner if available.
How to Report an Animal Bite to Forsyth County Animal Control on Your Own
If you are the victim of a dog bite, you can report the incident on your own. Consider these steps when reporting the bite:
- Document the bite by taking pictures and saving as much evidence of the incident as you can.
- Save contact information about the dog's owner if this is possible. This may be difficult if a dog is loose.
- Contact the Animal Service Division either by phone or by email.
- At this point, animal control will take over the investigation to determine who is liable.
Next Step to Report to Animal Control if You Can’t Do It Yourself
The law is on your side if you are a victim of a dog bite, but it can be hard to get the compensation you deserve on your own. It is easy to miss details or settle for less than you deserve if you don't have an expert on your side. Thankfully, you don't have to do it alone, as DoNotPay can help with our Animal Control product.
With DoNotPay, you can report your animal incident in 3 easy steps.
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
Once you finish these steps, DoNotPay will file a report about the incident on your behalf!
Why Use DoNotPay to Report an Animal Bite
If you have been bitten by a dog in Forsyth County, turn to DoNotPay to file a report. DoNotPay's services are:
- Fast: With DoNotPay, the process of reporting a bite is quick.
- Easy: DoNotPay's steps are simple and straightforward.
- Successful: You should be able to receive compensation for being bitten, and DoNotPay gets results.
DoNotPay Works Across the Country With the Click of a Button
Whether you live in North Carolina, South Carolina, or all the way on the West Coast, DoNotPay can help you. DoNotPay's Animal Control product is effective across the United States. Check out a few more of our state and city guides:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Once you've resolved your animal control issue, there is still a lot that DoNotPay can do for you. DoNotPay offers a variety of legal services, including
- Compensation for victims of a crime
- Contact government representatives
- Neighbor complaints
- Sue anyone in small claims court
If you're experiencing these issues or others, sign up for DoNotPay today to see how the world's first robot lawyer can help.