Simple Steps to Get Your Sunnyvale Pet License
Pets, including dogs of over four months of age residing in the city of Sunnyvale for at least 30 days, must be vaccinated and licensed with the city. A Sunnyvale pet license is crucial because it proves pets are correctly vaccinated and spayed or neutered. License tags also make it easy to find and return lost pets. Failure to register your pet according to Sunnyvale city ordinances can result in expensive penalties and costly late fees.
Unfortunately, applying for a Sunnyvale pet license can be tedious, with government offices taking time to process documents. You also need to compile myriads of documents and visit the relevant offices physically before your request is accepted. If you need an easier and more convenient option, DoNotPay can help file your application right from your laptop.
What are Different Ways to License a Pet in Sunnyvale city?
There are two primary ways to register your pet in Sunnyvale city; online or by mail.
Sunnyvale city has a partnership with PetData to license your pet or renew your pet's registration by mail or online. Follow the steps below to complete an online application request.
- Call 1-877-594-9690 or visit PetData.
- Complete the online pet licensing/renewal form.
- Purchase the license by cash, money order, or check (make the payment payable to the City of Sunnyvale, Animal Control Unit). Keep in mind a convenience fee of $1.95 will apply for each online transaction.
- Scan and upload any required documents such as the current rabies vaccination certificate
- Wait for the license to be processed.
Follow the steps provided below to complete a mail application:
Complete the Sunnyvale Animal License Application. You can download the application here or pick one in the Department of Public Safety at 700 All America Way. You can also call Sunnyvale Animal Control at (408) 730-7178 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Find out the correct license fee for each of your pets
- Make your check or money order payable to "Sunnyvale Animal Licensing." Don't send cash.
- Mail your application and payment to Sunnyvale Animal Licensing, C/O PetData, PO Box 141929, Irving, TX 75014-1929. Remember to attach copies of all required documents.
The current methods to obtain a pet license in Sunnyvale city may not be ideal for a busy individual, bearing in mind the time it takes to complete the entire process. DoNotPay 's Pet Licenses product can help you navigate the application process, so you save valuable time and avoid the headaches of following long bureaucratic procedures.
How Much Does It Cost to License a Pet in Sunnyvale City?
Sunnyvale City changes different fees for pet registration depending on several factors, including the duration of the license:
|Standard License Fees||1-Year||2-Year||3-Year|
Other fees include:
- Late Fee (30 days after the prior license expires): $25.00
- Replacement Tag: costs $5.00
Additionally, seniors aged 65 and over can register spayed or neutered pets free of charge. Owners of certain working dogs (guide/hearing/law enforcement dogs) may also be eligible to receive an exemption from paying licensing fees.
DoNotPay can help expedite the registration process, so you avoid additional costs in the form of late fees and penalties.
Documents Needed to Register Your Pet in Sunnyvale City
Whether you are using an online application method or mail option, it is crucial to know the specific paperwork required when registering your pet in Sunnyvale city. These include:
- A current rabies vaccination certificate
- Proof of spay/ neuter (this can consist of a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for the services)
- Proof of pet owner's age is required for seniors aged 65 and over
- Where applicable, a certification that the animal serves as a guide dog or hearing dog or the dog served with a law enforcement agency
Remember your documents will not be returned to you. Retain a copy of the documents for your records.
How Long Does the Pet License Last in Sunnyvale city?
A pet license in Sunnyvale city can last between 1 and 3 years for spayed/neutered pets. The licenses for the unaltered dog expire after one year. Typically the cost of licensing a fertile or unaltered pet is higher than that of spayed or neutered pets. This is designed to encourage sterilization and keep the pet population in check. DoNotPay can help with immediate registration if your pet's license is almost about to expire.
Can My Pet License Be Revoked?
Failure to comply with the terms, conditions, or restrictions established by the city of Sunnyvale regarding pet registration can result in license revocation. However, the only condition that allows a pet license to be revoked is a formal hearing, and without one, the county usually has no right to cancel your license.
DoNotPay can help re-register for a pet license if it is revoked.
How to Save Time Registered Your Pet in Sunnyvale using DoNotPay:
If you want to save time registering your pet in Sunnyvale, DoNotPay has you covered with just a few easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can apply on your behalf.
Leverage DoNotPay Licensing Product Today to Get a License for Your Pet
Pet licensing in the city of Sunnyvale is mandatory, and failure to comply results in hefty fines and penalties. DoNotPay offers an easy-to-use and convenient Pet Licenses product to help you automate the process and save time and avoid late fees. All you have to do is answer a few questions about your pet, and we'll complete the rest of the application on your behalf! Contact us today to learn more.