How To Report and Find Lost Pets in St Louis
Finding your lost pet can be a lot of work, especially if it's your first time losing your canine friend and you don't know where to search or who to contact. If you want to report , you’re in the right spot.
And it’s important to report a lost pet in St. Louis. Otherwise, you might spend too much time searching the wrong places.
Do you know nearly 10 million dogs and cats are lost or stolen in the US every year? And to even escalate the matter, 80% are never found. These numbers can make anyone with a lost pet panic and wonder if they'll ever see their pet again.
But don't worry. Help is on the way. You can use DoNotPay products to search for your pet in the comfort of your home. You will be able to save the time and energy you would normally use to search for your pet.
How To Report Your Lost Pet to St. Louis Animal Control/Animal Shelter
Reporting and finding a lost pet in St. Louis is simple especially because 90% of them end up in one of the main animal shelters. To successfully find your animal, contact all the animal shelters with a photo of your pet.
There are four main shelters you can contact. These are:
|St Louis County Animal Care & Control||314-615-0650|
|Humane Society of Missouri||314-647-8800|
|Animal Protective Association of Missouri||314-645-4610|
|City of St. Louis Animal Care & Control||314-657-1500|
Note that most shelters hold on to pets for six days. After that, they become available for adoption or rescue.
How To Avoid Losing Your Pet
There are several steps you can take to avoid losing your pet. For example, you can:
- Keep your pet in a fenced yard or on a leash
- Avoid leaving your pet unsupervised
- Get your pet microchipped
- Spay or neuter your pet (they will not wander looking for a mate)
- Add a phone tag to your pet
How To Find St Louis Lost Pets on Your Own
To find your lost pet, you need to:
- Search your home and immediate surroundings.
- Call the microchip company to update your contact info (If your lost dog has been microchipped.)
- Find a nearby animal shelter and see whether they allow for lost and found reports.
- Check other shelters like STLpets.
- Make a notice on social media networks that your pet is missing.
- Print and distribute paper lost pet flyers with your pet's information.
Next Steps for Finding St. Louis Lost Pet if You Can't Do It Yourself
Let DoNotPay do the hard work for you. DoNotPay is a fast and convenient way to find your pet. All you need is a photo of your pet and the date you lost your pet.
Follow these steps to report your pet missing:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
That's it! DoNotPay will file a report on your behalf and ensure your lost pet gets recorded in the government directory. If they find a match, they'll contact you.
Why Use Donotpay to Find Your Lost Pet
It’s upsetting when a pet runs away. The good news is the average time to find a pet is 30 days. It is important to act right away for better chances of finding your lost pet.
Choosing DoNotPay is your best option because we are:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to file a report about your pet in person or through the mail.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious reports or keep track of all the steps involved in finding your lost pet.
- Successful—We have helped other pet owners find their pets, so you can rest assured we'll make the best moves for you
- Secure- We will keep your personal information and that of your pet secure.
More DoNotPay Products for Your Pet
DoNotPay can help you do more for your pets in St. Louis. Check out some of our other services:
- Report lost dogs
- Monitor pet food recalls
- Set up pet custody agreements
- Find lost cats
DoNotPay is a perfect legal resource for pet owners. Try it today and see for yourself!