Everything You Need to Know About South Central Correctional Facility
is a medium-security prison located in Clifton, Tennessee. It is about a two-hour drive from Nashville. It is managed by a private company called Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). The facility can house up to 1,700 adult male inmates.
Inmates have the opportunity to learn primary adult education, such as literacy and earning a GED. Vocational training is also provided in landscaping, information technology, carpentry, plumbing, and masonry.
South Central Correctional Facility Contact Information
If you need information, you can reach the through the contact details below:
|Physical Address||South Central Correctional Facility
555 Forest Avenue
Clifton, Tennessee 38425-0279
|Phone Number||(931) 676-5372|
|Website||South Central Correctional Facility’s website|
|Accessible by public transport?||No|
How to Contact Inmates at South Central Correctional Facility
- All incoming and outgoing mail is subject to search for contraband.
- Inmates may receive photos 4" x 6" or smaller. Photos may not contain nudity. Polaroid photos are not allowed.
- Inmates cannot receive money by mail. See the section below to learn how to send money to inmates.
- Families can send care packages, but they must be ordered through Union Supply Tennessee. Orders for maximum security inmates can only be made in March or September. Otherwise, it will be refused by the facility. Medium and minimum security inmates can receive packages once every three months, any time of the year.
- Inmates can receive books, magazines, and newspapers, so long as they are ordered through a reputable publisher like Amazon. Hardcover books are prohibited. Any material that is sexual or promotes manufacturing contraband is prohibited.
- All mail and packages should be addressed to:
Offender Name, TDOC Identification Number
South Central Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 279
Clifton, Tennessee 38425-0279
- Inmates may make outgoing calls at undefined times throughout the day.
- All calls must be collect or prepaid.
- The telephone service provider is Connect Network, managed by GTL. Both inmates and families may make contributions to the prepaid fund. Accounts can also be set up by calling 1-800-483-8314.
- GTL will charge a connection fee and a per-minute fee.
- Inmates can receive funds via MoneyGram, online via JPAY, over the phone, or through the mail via JPAY. You will need the inmate's TDOC Identification Number for all deposits. MoneyGram deposits can be easily made at any MoneyGram kiosk in Walmart or CVS. Be sure to use receive code 6188.
- JPAY manages Over-the-phone deposits. Simply call 1-800-574-5729 to arrange a deposit.
- Online deposits can be made with JPAY. Simply set up an account with JPAY to get started.
- JPAY also manages deposits by mail. Mail deposits can only be made via the United States Postal Money Order. A Tennessee Money Order Deposit Slip must be included in the envelope. Mail the slip and money order to: JPAY P.O. Box 279010 Miramar, FL 33027
- Any visitor must be on the inmate's approved visitation list.
- All visitors must complete a Tennessee DOC Visitation Application. These should be submitted by mail before any visitation and include a recent photograph. Processing time can take up to 30 days.
- After mailing your application, you will receive a "Rules for Visitors" handbook.
- All visitors over 16 must have a government-issued ID for visits.
- Visitors are subject to being searched. Tobacco products are prohibited throughout all Tennessee prisons.
- Tennessee DOC has a strict dress code. It is recommended that you dress conservatively and not in a work uniform. We recommend you bring a second set of clothes should you accidentally violate the dress code. The whole dress code rules can be found in the Tennessee DOC Visitation Rules in section M, page 12.
- You can visit on Saturdays, Sundays, and recognized holidays from 8:00 am - 3:15 pm. Monday visitation is allowed for inmates who did not receive a weekend visit. Monday visitation hours are from 6:00 pm to 8:15 pm.
- We recommend calling before any visits that require long drives. Visitations can be canceled due to lockdowns, new COVID protocols, or a variety of other reasons. The best number to call is (931)-676-5372.
Steps to Take Before Contacting a Prisoner at South Central Correctional Facility
- Most forms of contact require knowing the inmate's TDOC Identification number.
- Tennessee DOC does not have a dedicated ID lookup tool for families.
- DoNotPay can find your loved one's ID with our Connect With an Inmate product.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved Ones at South Central Correctional Facility
- Connecting with a loved one at the South Central Correctional Facility can be incredibly difficult and frustrating.
- It's well known that there aren't a lot of government resources for families of inmates.
- DoNotPay can help.
How DoNotPay Can Help
- Write a Prisoner. You can write an inmate with this digital tool with just a few clicks. We'll take care of all the printing, postage, and shipping supplies.
- Prison Pen Pals. For those who want to get in touch with an unknown prisoner.
- Inmate Visitation. We know all the visitation rules within the Tennessee DOC. If you are being violated of your rights, DoNotPay can help.
How to Use DoNotPay to Connect With a Prisoner
You can by following these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Writing letters to inmates
- Compensation for victims of a crime
- How to address a letter to an inmate
- Copyright Protection
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Compensation For Robo Calls
- Complete Debt Validation Letters
- Dispute Credit Letters
- Waive College Fees
- Help With Bills