How to Get a Pet License in Sacramento: DoNotPay as Your Solution
Obtaining a pet license for your dog (or other pet) is usually required by law in most states, but just a convenient thing to have. If your dog is ever lost, you can be sure he or she will be easily returned home by animal control when shown to have a license.
In California, pet licenses are required by law, so those of you in Sacramento need one now if your puppy is more than four months old. Getting a license can often be a protracted experience, though, whether also in L.A. County, or Orange County.
makes obtaining a pet license so much faster and easier.
What Are Different Ways to License a Pet in Sacramento?
The most common way to license your pet is to put a tag around their collar with your own home phone number. When your pet becomes lost, the person who finds them will look at the tag and see who to contact.
This same tagging method is used for many other pets requiring licensing. Everything from horses to cats applies.
Keep in mind, dogs and cats also need to be microchipped in addition to being licensed. They also need to be spayed or neutered in Sacramento and all of California.
To get your license active, you need to visit the licensing division of your local California county. It's possible to sign up for and pay for your pet license online, or in person. However, all of these options take a lot of time you may not have.
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in Sacramento?
Prepare to pay these fees when you obtain your pet license directly through the Sacramento County website:
|Standard Pet Licenses||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years|
|Altered (Spayed/Neutered) dog||$20||$32||$51|
|Altered (Spayed/Neutered) Cat||$15||$24||$38|
|Senior Citizen (62+) Altered Dog or Altered Cat||$10||$15||$25|
Reasons to Register Your Pet in Sacramento
According to Sacramento's city code ordinance, obtaining a license authorizes you to own, harbor, and keep a dog or cat within the city limits of Sacramento. Not getting the license could subject you to major fines from the city.
Reports were, several years ago, that the city of Sacramento was cracking down on those who don't license their pets. A $300 fine was imposed then.
Documents Needed to Register Your Pet in Sacramento
Be sure to bring these documents with you when licensing your pet in-person, by mail, or online:
- A photocopy of your pet's current rabies vaccination certificate.
- Documental proof your pet was spayed and neutered.
- Proof you live within the city limits of Sacramento.
Where Do I Go to Get My Pet License in Sacramento?
A number of places exist within Sacramento where you can get your pet license. Most people just go through the local county service center there. You can also go through these sources:
- Your nearest animal shelter. They can handle all the licensing for you and take all forms of payment.
- Go online to your county service center to get it done through online forms.
- Through the mail. It's possible to just mail a check to Sacramento County Animal Care and Regulation.
- Any local veterinarian's office.
All of these take considerable time, a potential problem if you have a busy schedule.
How Can I Renew or Replace My Pet License in Sacramento?
Sacramento does let you renew your pet license through an automatic bill pay withdrawal system. This might be risky, though, if you're short of funds and forgot you set up the autopay system.
Once you renew your pet license, you don't receive a new licensing tag. If you need one, that's going to cost you a nominal fee.
How Long Does My Pet License Last in Sacramento?
You can get a pet license for either one year, two years, or three years. Many choose to just renew on an annual basis to save money.
There is a way to get a free license for a year if your pet is spayed/neutered. Also, you can get a free year if you participate in Lifeline (AT&T), PG&E and SMUD Assistance Programs, or the City Utility Rate Assistance Program.
Can My Pet License Be Revoked?
You'll have to go through a formal hearing if your license is ever in jeopardy of being revoked. The city of Sacramento can't revoke your license without a hearing.
If it is revoked, our DoNotPay app can get you re-registered fast. Just use these six easy steps:
1. Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
2. Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
3. Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
4. Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
5. Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
6. Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Obtain Your Pet License in Sacramento?
Three good reasons exist for why our app is your go-to source for all pet licenses:
- It's fast! No more having to visit websites or visit local shelters to get your pet license set up.
- It's easy! Forget about filling out online forms. We do everything for you.
- It's successful! Millions of people continue to use our app to quickly obtain their pet licenses. We guarantee the same results for you.
DoNotPay Works with Many Other Companies at the Click of a Button
Our app can do so much more. We can help you register trademarks as easily as we can a pet license. The same goes with registering your pet in states other than California.
to see how our AI service works for any legal matter.