Get Compensated for Your Reliant Power Outage
When the power goes out, you are left in the dark in more ways than one. Not only is a inconvenient, but it can end up costing you a lot of time and money. Power outages can leave you with ruined food, broken appliances, and missing work hours. If you own a home-based business and rely on the internet for your work, things could get even more costly.
If you want to get compensated for damages or lost wages due to a Reliant power outage, you have options. You can pursue a claim with Reliant energy company yourself, or you can turn to DoNotPay, the fast, easy, successful way to handle your Reliant energy claim.
Aside from the Reliant power outage, we also deal with the following:
What Causes Power Outage?
There are several causes of a . Some of these are:
|Natural Causes||Strong winds, lightning, snow, ice on the lines, and rain can cause a power outage. A tree branch contacting power lines is an addition.|
|Equipment Failures||Not every time a piece of equipment can do its job perfectly. It requires maintenance and repairs once broken. It includes problems with switches, cables, transformers, etc.|
|Human Error||There are times when we unintentionally contact power lines causing power outages. Examples are traffic accidents and placing an antenna near a power cable.|
|Scheduled Maintenance||Part of maintaining the safety and performance of equipment is maintenance. Sometimes scheduled maintenance is needed to avoid accidents in the future.|
How to Check for a Reliant Power Outage
If the lights in your home suddenly go out, or if appliances stop working, you could be experiencing a power outage. Power outages can occur during storms or major weather events, but they can also happen due to downed power lines or other natural causes. It is important to note that while Reliant supplies electricity to Texas residents, they do not deliver it. Therefore, if you suspect an outage in your home, you will need to check with your TDSP (utility company) to report an outage. To do this, you can go to the Reliant website and follow the steps below:
- Go to the "Report an Outage" page of the Reliant website.
- Select your local TDSP from the dropdown menu provided.
- If you aren't sure who your TDSP is, you can enter your address to see the TDSP assigned to your area.
- You can then call the displayed number for your TDSP to report an outage in your area.
A Reliant Power Outage Can Cost You Money
There's no doubt that a Reliant power outage can cost you money. The longer the power outage lasts, the more it could cost you. Either way, a power outage can lead to expenses you need to cover. These expenses include:
- Spoiled or damaged food due to refrigerators and freezers being out of commission.
- Damaged appliances due to a sudden loss of power.
- Missing wages due to lost time working.
- Personal injuries were sustained due to a power outage.
These can be inconvenient, painful, and troubling - both short and long-term. If you have experienced any of these issues due to a Reliant power outage, you likely want to pursue compensation.
How to Get Compensated for a Reliant Power Outage
Trying to file a claim with Reliant on your own can be very tricky. Since Reliant isn't your utility company, you will likely have to contact TDSP and Reliant. There are several ways to get in touch with Reliant customer service:
- Call Reliant's customer service line at 1-866-222-7100. Explain to the representative what happened during the power outage to cost you money or injury, and be prepared to back up your claim with documentation.
- Chat online with Reliant via their website. The virtual chat feature will probably transfer you to a live representative after you establish that you are seeking compensation. At this point, you should have your account number and ID on hand, as well as any other documentation that you have to support your claim.
Both of these methods can be time-consuming and frustrating. Reliant may redirect you to your utility company to first file a claim with them before returning to Reliant to share the claim details. If you want to save yourself the headache and frustration of spending hours on the phone without a guarantee of a resolution, turn to DoNotPay.
Use DoNotPay to Get Compensated for Your Reliant Power Outage
If you want to get compensation for a power outage but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 9 easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your energy provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also, add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to File Your Reliant Power Outage Claim
DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful solution to handling your Reliant power outage claim. DoNotPay levels the playing field between you and large companies like Reliant, allowing you to get compensation for your losses. While every claim does not guarantee reimbursement, DoNotPay increases the chances of success, giving you a place to store all your documentation and manage the claim from start to finish. Don't stay in the dark. Let DoNotPay help you get the funds you deserve.