What You Need to Know About Reporting to Portsmouth Animal Control
Have you ever had to call ? If not, you're lucky never to have encountered an animal-related incident you consider worthy of such drastic action. If you encounter an aggressive pet or a wildlife critter and need help in Portsmouth, VA, animal control professionals are your first line of defense. And it can be even more of a challenge to know who to call, when to call, and what situations constitute filing an official report.
Typically, the process requires a few calls and official documentation. Then, depending on the scenario, especially if there's a dog bite incident problem, a Portsmouth animal control investigation may be required. Then there are next steps, follow-up, and potential legal matters to deal with, too.
For anyone facing an animal-related issue that requires a call to Portsmouth, VA, animal control, keep reading. You could do it the complicated, hard way, or you could make it super-easy with DoNotPay.
What Portsmouth Animal Control Does
In Portsmouth, Virginia, the Portsmouth Animal Control is an animal shelter that offers stray, unwanted, and owner-relinquished animals temporary housing and care. The Portsmouth Animal Control may also provide a variety of additional services.
You Can Additionally Contact Portsmouth Animal Control With Questions Regarding:
- Finding lost dogs and cats in Portsmouth, VA
- Adopting dogs and cats
- Portsmouth pet adoption fee management
- Fostering of cats and dogs
- Kill and no-kill policies
Contact Information for Animal Control in Portsmouth, VA
If you need immediate assistance with reporting wildlife or pet-related animal situations, you can browse online to find contacts. Here are the details for your convenience, as well.
The Portsmouth Animal Control
|Address||711 Crawford Street, Portsmouth, Virginia, 23704|
Animal Shelters and Care Facilities Near Portsmouth, VA
There are plenty of other animal shelters nearby and throughout Portsmouth, VA communities. If you want to adopt a pet or have questions, there is no shortage of care shelters.
- Portsmouth Humane Society (Portsmouth, VA - 2.0 miles)
- Norfolk SPCA (Norfolk, VA - 3.1 miles)
- Sosharpei, Inc. (Portsmouth, VA - 3.7 miles)
- Tidewater Rabbit Rescue (Portsmouth, VA - 3.7 miles)
- Norfolk Animal Management Center (Norfolk, VA - 4.9 miles)
- Chesapeake City Animal Bureau (Chesapeake, VA - 5.5 miles)
The Norfolk, VA Animal Protection Unit
Suppose you encounter an animal issue in Norfolk, VA. In that case, you can connect with the Animal Protection Unit, which comprises eight attending officers, as part of the Norfolk Police Departments, Second Patrol Division.
|Address||2500 N Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23510|
Richmond, VA Animal Control
If you're beyond the jurisdiction of Portsmouth, VA animal control and a little closer to Richmond, here is the contact information for the officers there.
|Address||1600 Chamberlayne Avenue, Richmond, VA 23222|
What Do I Do if an Animal Has Attacked Me in Portsmouth, VA?
Another reason to call animal control in Portsmouth, VA, is an animal or dog bite. It's recommended that your first step be to contact the Environmental Health Services division so that investigations can begin regarding potential exposure to rabies.
You can reach the Portsmouth Health Department:
|Phone||757-393-8585 (extension 8585)|
|Website||Visit the website directly at this link|
How to Handle a Dog Bite Situation in Portsmouth, VA
The best way to handle a dog bite scenario includes the following steps. There may be grounds for legal action when you are involved as a dog bite victim.
- Obtain medical care. If you've been hurt, it's always a good idea to get expert medical care to preserve your health. Your medical records will show how severe your injuries were if you intend to pursue a personal injury claim.
- Contact animal control about the attack. When an animal strikes a person, it has become a public safety concern. Furthermore, animal control will need the information to investigate and quarantine the animal for rabies. Your injury claim will benefit from the findings of the animal control investigation.
- Contact a lawyer immediately. While you do not need to employ an attorney, having one on your side who can advocate for your interests may mean a more significant settlement for you and your family. A successful payout might cover medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, plastic surgery, permanent injuries and disabilities, wrongful death compensation.
Steps for Reporting an Animal Control Incident in Portsmouth, VA on Your Own
If you need to report a wounded deer by the side of the road, your call to animal control in Portsmouth won't likely be all that labor-intensive. However, if you need to report incidents of animal cruelty, dog fighting, or a dog bite event, the process is far more intense.
A call to animal control will get the ball rolling. But don't forget to reach out to the health department, too. There will likely be an investigation that requires additional interviewing and documentation of the dog bite event. And it could take weeks or, worse yet, months with to see a resolution.
What if you had an easier, more efficient way to connect with the Portsmouth, VA animal control? What if you only had to drop in some basic information once and hand the follow-up over to someone to handle on your behalf? You can, with DoNotPay.
How DoNotPay Makes Animal Control Reporting Easy
Instead of calling various animal control contacts in Portsmouth, let DoNotPay collect your report information and handle it for you.
How to Report an Animal-Related Incident On DoNotPay:
If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
And that's it. DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.
Why DoNotPay Is the Only Way Ever to Report Something to Portsmouth Animal Control
Once you see how convenient the DoNotPay way of reporting is for animal control calls in Portsmouth, you'll see it's the only way to handle any animal-related calls moving forward.
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to navigate calling and reporting.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in reporting to animal control in Portsmouth, VA.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you, regardless of your Portsmouth animal situation.
DoNotPay Can Represent Your Animal Control Reporting Anywhere
Knowing you have an ally to handle your animal control reporting in Portsmouth, VA, is one thing. But DoNotPay can help in other parts of Virginia and the country, as well.
So, if you're on vacation somewhere or traveling when you encounter a wildlife problem or dog bite situation, DoNotPay can help. This includes contacting various animal control centers and suing in small claims court for incidents occurring in any U.S. city.
DoNotPay Helps Beyond Animal Control Reporting
DoNotPay offers a variety of platforms and services designed to help you with more than just Portsmouth animal control calls. If you need help with other tedious processes like these, DoNotPay makes it easy.
- Filing complaints about neighbors
- Paying your water bill
- Reporting fresh graffiti in your neighborhood
- Recovering a lost online password
- Securing a notary public endorsement
And for any situations you face that require small claims court, DoNotPay can assist with the Sue Now product, designed to make securing forms simple. We can also generate demand letters and compensation demands on your behalf.
When you have an animal-related incident to report in Portsmouth, you can call animal control directly and spend all that time and effort figuring out what to do next. Or, you can let DoNotPay handle the Portsmouth animal control reporting for you, making your life and the process so much easier.