Bypass the Section 8 Wait List at Port St Lucie Housing Authority
No one ever sets out in life planning to be low income or living month by month because of high housing costs. However, with the constant increase in the demand for housing, it is a problem for many. If you live near Port St Lucie, the may make housing a little more affordable.
There aren't many apartments available for rent in Port St Lucie, so choosing to go to Section 8 Port St Lucie may take time, but it could be better than the alternative. Just know that no matter what you are dealing with, DoNotPay can help you get through the frustration of affordable house hunting.
Who Qualifies for Low Income Housing in Port St Lucie, FL?
In Port St. Lucie, the average cost for an apartment that is just one bedroom is between $900 and $1,850 per month. The further you go away from the beaches and the city, the lower the prices may be. However, it means that you may deal with excessive commute times to be too far away from the action. If this is a situation that you are currently in, you can seek help from the .
To qualify for section 8 in Florida, you must be a Florida resident and earn less than the median income for your area. In 2020, the median income in Port St Lucie was $62,380 according to the census. When being considered for section 8 housing, the income limit is broken down into three categories that may determine your eligibility.
- Low Income: Earning less than 80%.
- Very Low Income: Earning less than 50%.
- Extremely Low Income: Earning less than 30%.
If you need immediate housing assistance, there is good news. Some situations that may put your name to the top of the list faster are:
- Being Homeless
- At Risk of Being Evicted from Your Home
- Having a Family That Is All at Risk of Homelessness
- Trying to Escape a Dangerous Situation (Domestic Violence, Stalking, Human Trafficking, etc.)
When these situations occur, especially with young family members, you will receive help faster. The same applies if you are elderly, a veteran, or disabled.
How to Apply for Help From Port St Lucie Housing Authority on Your Own
Unfortunately, applying for housing assistance in Port St Lucie is difficult. The Housing Authority only accepts applications during the month of February, so you have to time your situation right to receive the best chance at getting the help you deserve. This is further complicated because of the housing shortage in Port St Lucie.
Explore Other Housing Programs
This does not mean you cannot seek help. There are many housing programs available that may offer you some relief. To learn about the programs that you may take advantage of, contact St. Lucie County Community Services Housing Division at
|Address||437 N. 7th Street
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Contact the City for Immediate Help
Other ways for you to learn about housing programs include:
Due to the extreme waitlist in Port St Lucie, there are no guarantees that your efforts will pay off quickly. You may apply and then be denied a voucher because of a change in your circumstances or the time that passes between the application and a home.
What if You Are Turned Down for Section 8 in Port St Lucie?
If you are denied or do not qualify for HUD housing assistance, you may need to simply look for more affordable housing in Port St Lucie. There are several apartments that do offer more affordable housing.
They include places like
- Springs at Tradition: Address: 11200 SW Village Ct, Port St. Lucie, FL 34987, Phone: (772) 932-5803, Email: pringsapartments.com.
- Peacock Run Apartments: Address: 5502 NW East Torino Pkwy, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986, or Phone: (772) 344-3998.
- The Addison at Parkside: Address: 1900 SE Hillmoor Dr, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952, Phone: (772) 261-9186, Email: theaddisonatparkside.com
These are just a few options to consider, though you should keep in mind that they may also have a waiting list or a lack of available space. If you can get into a more affordable home, it may at least help you until a section 8 home can become available.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Find Section 8 Houses for Rent in Port St Lucie, FL
Although DoNotPay cannot remove the waitlist for some areas, it is a service that can relieve you of the stress of searching for a section 8 opening. DoNotPay may also be able to help you get your family closer to the top of the list if you need immediate help with your housing. The process is very simple, and the results can be surprising. DoNotPay tackles the forms, the search for the right Housing Authority, and more. Just look at how simple the process can be.
If you want to apply for Section 8 Housing in Port St Lucie but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 2 easy steps:
- Answer a few questions about your income, family size, veteran/disability status, which county you hope to live in, etc.
- DoNotPay will find the PHA in charge of that county and contact them with all of your eligibility information to determine if you can start applying. They'll get back to you directly via email with the next steps.
That's It. The city of Port St Lucie will come to you if there is a chance that they can help you.
What More Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay makes most processes as easy as 1, 2, and 3. Whether you are trying to contact the or want to reduce property taxes; it is all easy with DoNotPay in your corner.
Other services provided by DoNotPay include:
- Helping You Lower Bills
- Locate Missing Money for You
- Scheduling DMV Appointments Quickly
- Helping You Find and Use Free Trial Offers
- Filing Complaints Against Anyone on Your Behalf
- Helping You Apply for Scholarships
- Taking Other Entities to Small Claims Court
Simply visit DoNotPay online to discover all the ways we can simplify your life.