How to Get Compensated for Plasma Donation in Tucson, Arizona
You can make a meaningful impact on someone's life and get compensation by becoming a plasma donor in . You can make as much as $1000 per month by being a plasma donor.
Plasma donation is different from donating whole blood. Donating takes a few more steps than just donating blood. That's why you need to find a convenient location to have this done, especially if you plan on doing this regularly. DoNotPay can help you quickly find a plasma donation center that's convenient for you.
What Is Plasma and Why Donate It?
Blood plasma makes up about 55% of a person's blood. Blood plasma is vital for fighting infection, maintaining correct blood pH levels, helping blood to clot, and transporting and eliminating waste products.
Plasma can be used to treat different types of health problems. For example, plasma can help blood clots and assist in medical emergencies like burns and trauma. It can also treat patients with cancer, transplant surgery, hemophilia and develop treatments for rare diseases.
Plasma Donation Eligibility Requirements
Here are the basic eligibility requirements for becoming a plasma donor:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Weigh more than 110 pounds.
- Be able to provide proof of identity (Photo ID) and address).
- Pass a basic physical exam.
- Pass a basic health screen, blood test, and viral test (Ex. HIV test.
Note: Eligibility criteria vary in each state
Plasma Donation Locations in Tucson, Arizona
Listed below are some of the :
|CSL Plasma||3757 W. Ina Rd||520-394-7246|
|American Red Cross||2916 E. Broadway Blvd.||520-318-6740|
|BioLife Plasma Services||8019 Golf Links Rd.||520-257-1511|
|Broadway Blood Platelet and Plasma Donation Center||7139 E. Broadway Blvd||520-733-2767|
|Blood Bank University of AZ Med Center||1501 N. Campbell Ave. #1303||520-694-6292|
How Much Do You Get Paid for Plasma in Tucson, Arizona?
Here's how much donors can make at each location:
|CSL Plasma||Per donation is between $20 to $45 but can increase up to $1,100.|
|BioLife Plasma Services||New donors can earn $800 in eight plasma donations.|
|Broadway Blood Platelet and Plasma Donation Center||Can offer various promotions including gift cards.|
Things to Keep In Mind Before Donating Plasma
Preparing yourself before and after donating plasma is vital for donors. Here are some things to remember before and after donating:
What to Bring to My First Plasma Donation?
- Current and valid photo ID.
- Social Security Card.
- Proof of address (such as a utility bill postmarked within the last thirty days).
What to Do Before I Donate Plasma?
- Drink plenty of water, fruit juice, or other caffeine-free liquid (at least 4 to 6 eight-ounce glasses) at least 2 to 3 hours before donation.
- Don't drink beverages with caffeine.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Eat a meal before donation.
- Get a good night's sleep.
What to Do After I Donate Plasma?
- Continue to drink plenty of water.
- Continue to eat foods rich in protein and iron.
- Don't smoke for 30 minutes.
- Don't drink alcohol for 4 hours.
- Don't exercise hard or for very long.
- Wait two days to donate plasma again. So, if you donate on Tuesday, you can donate again on Thursday.
How to Donate Blood Plasma in Tucson on Your Own?
Plasma donations can be made through the American Red Cross once every 28 days or 13 times each year. However, you can make donations multiple times a week at private plasma donation companies. The minimum wait between two donations is 24 hours. However, if you donate blood, you must wait eight weeks before donating plasma.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Donation Center
There are a lot of things to consider when planning to donate. First of all, you will want to choose a plasma location that is close to where you live. Second, consider the compensation and whether the site offers first-time donor bonuses and promotions. By researching these benefits in advance, you can maximize the amount of payment you receive for your donations. The process can oftentimes be quite a struggle. However, with DoNotPay, we can take care of these details and save you time and aggravation.
Next Steps to Finding the Perfect Plasma Donation Center in Tucson
As part of our clinical trials solution, DoNotPay can help you find the best plasma sites near you. We offer compensation estimates and outline the donation process and the eligibility requirements so you know what to expect. We'll also help you contact them if you have any questions or concerns regarding your eligibility, office hours, compensation, or first-time bonuses.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
DoNotPay Also Answers More Questions on Blood Plasma Donation
You might have other question on related topics. DoNotPay provides more information on:
- Can you donate plasma after a covid vaccine?
- Who cannot donate plasma?
- Can people with diabetes donate plasma?
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you find the perfect blood plasma donation site is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. DoNotPay also provides the following services: