Plasma Donation In San Diego, California
Donating blood plasma can help save lives. In addition, plasma can help create therapies that treat rare and life-saving diseases. You can also get paid for plasma donation in San Diego, California.
Plasma donation is different than donating whole blood. Donating takes a few more steps than just donating blood. That's why you need to find a convenient location to have this done, especially if you plan on doing this regularly.
DoNotPay can help you quickly find a plasma donation center that's convenient for you.
What Is Plasma and Why Should You Donate?
Plasma is the transparent, straw-colored liquid portion of blood that remains after all blood cells, platelets, and other cellular components are removed. Blood plasma comprises about 55% of a person's blood and contains water, salts, enzymes, antibodies, and other proteins.
It would be best to consider donating plasma because it can have a meaningful impact on someone's life. For example, plasma plays a critical role in maintaining healthy blood pressure, blood volume, and proper pH balance. In addition, without plasma, our body would not have many of the necessary proteins to support blood clotting and our immune system responses. That means participating in plasma donation in San Diego can help save lives.
Plasma Donation Eligibility Requirements
Here are the basic eligibility requirements for becoming a plasma donor:
- Be over 18 years old
- Weigh more than 110 pounds
- Be able to provide proof of identity (Photo ID) and address)
- Pass a basic physical exam
- Pass a basic health screen, blood test, and viral test (Ex. HIV test)
- Note: eligibility criteria vary in each state
Plasma Donation Locations in San Diego, California
Here are some of the plasma location centers in San Diego:
|Donation Center||Location||Phone Number||Website|
|Octapharma Plasma Inc||3232 Duke Street, San Diego, California, 92110||619-758-9278||https://www.octapharmaplasma.com/|
|CSL Plasma||8 North Euclid Ave Ste 8-10, National City, California 91950||619.505.2414||https://www.cslplasma.com/|
|Biomat USA Inc||7150 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, California, 92115||619-521-5850||https://www.grifolsplasma.com/en/locations/find-a-donation-center|
|Biomat USA Inc||693 Palomar Street Ste #7, Chula Vista, California, 91911||919-316-2075||https://www.grifolsplasma.com/en/locations/find-a-donation-center|
|Scantibodies Biologics Inc||1068 Broadway, El Cajon, California, 92021||619-258-8220||https://www.scantibodies.com/|
How Much Do You Get Paid for Plasma in San Diego, California?
According to users on Yelp, here are the best paying plasma donation locations in San Diego:
- Biomat USA
- San Diego Blood Bank
- Octapharma Plasma
- Scantibodies Biologics Plasma Center
- San Diego Blood Bank Mobile
- American Red Cross
Unfortunately, most plasma websites don't list how much they pay. However, here are the ones that do and how much they pay:
Biomat USA pay rates vary, but you can make up to $400 per month, as long as the plasma used helps make life-saving medicine. Each center has different monthly compensation, so the pay varies depending on the location.
The American Red Cross gives money and prizes for donations.
Octapharma Plasma gives what they call OctaRewards to their donors. OctaRewards members can earn points to qualify for tiered rewards, including Express Passes, e-gift cards, and sweepstakes prizes.
Things to Keep In Mind Before Donating Plasma
Here are things you need to consider before you decide to donate plasma:
What to Do Before I Donate Plasma?
- Drink plenty of water, fruit juice, or other caffeine-free liquid (at least 4 to 6 eight-ounce glasses) at least 2 to 3 hours before donation.
- Don't drink beverages with caffeine.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Eat a meal before donation.
- Get a good night's sleep.
What to Do After I Donate Plasma?
- Continue to drink plenty of water.
- Continue to eat foods rich in protein and iron.
- Don't smoke for 30 minutes.
- Don't drink alcohol for 4 hours.
- Don't exercise hard or for very long.
- Wait two days to donate plasma again. So, if you donate on Wednesday, you can donate again on Friday.
What to Bring to My first Plasma Donation?
You need to provide the plasma location with a current, valid photo ID, your social security card, and proof of address, such as an old utility bill postmarked within the last thirty days.
How to Donate Blood Plasma in San Diego by Yourself?
You can only make plasma donations through the American Red Cross once every 28 days or 13 times each year. However, you can make a plasma donation through a private plasma donation center several times a week, as long as you wait at least 24 hours between two contributions. However, if you donate blood, you must wait eight weeks before donating plasma.
Where Should I Donate Plasma?
Choose a plasma donation center that's close by and convenient for you to visit in person. Consider the compensation and whether the site offers first-time donor bonuses and promotions. By researching these benefits in advance, you can maximize the amount of payment you receive for your donations.
Next Steps to Finding the Perfect Plasma Donation Center in San Diego
As part of our clinical trials solution, DoNotPay can help you find the best plasma sites near you. We offer compensation estimates and outline the donation process and the eligibility requirements so you know what to expect. We'll also help you contact them if you have any questions or concerns regarding your eligibility, office hours, compensation, or first-time bonuses.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor in San Diego:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
Why Use DoNotPay for Plasma Donation in San Diego, CA
Here's why you should let DoNotPay help you find a blood plasma center for you:
- It's fast. You won't have to spend hours trying to find the right blood plasma location.
- It's easy. You don't have to struggle filling out tedious forms or keeping track of various steps to complete the process.
- It's successful. You can rest easy knowing that we'll help you make the best decision.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from plasma donation in San Diego, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
Helping you find the perfect blood plasma donation site is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. DoNotPay also provides the following services: