How Much Do You Get Paid For Plasma Donation In Provo
Plasma is the liquid portion of whole blood needed to treat patients with illnesses and deficiencies. According to experts, it takes:
- Over 1200 plasma donations to treat one person with hemophilia
- Over 900 plasma donations to treat someone with Alpha-1
- Over 130 plasma donations to treat someone with a primary immune deficiency.
By processing your plasma donation in Provo, you're not only helping save (or change) peoples' lives but you're getting paid for it, too.
What Does Plasma Donation Look Like?
Plasma donation in Provo is much like donating blood, but with some differences. While the Red Cross only allows donors to donate plasma once every 28 days, other clinics allow you to donate up to twice a week.
When you arrive at the clinic, you'll be asked to present your ID and other required information. If it is your first time, you'll experience a health screening and physical exam to ensure you're healthy.
A technician will insert a needle into your arm as you relax and scroll through your phone or watch a movie. The process of extracting plasma is done, and the red blood cells are reincorporated back to you.
It takes around an hour to 90 minutes (sometimes longer for first visits), and you're then given payment, usually by a prepaid debit card issued by the clinic. Your reimbursement for your time is added when you finish with your appointment.
Plasma Donor Eligibility Requirements in Provo, UT
Some clinics may have additional requirements such as not having recent tattoos or piercings, but generally, there are some basic requirements:
- Be over 18 years old or older
- Weigh more than 110 lbs
- Be able to provide proof of identity (Photo ID) and address
- Pass a basic physical exam
- Pass a basic health screen, blood test, and viral test (ex: HIV test)
Plasma Donation Locations in Provo
There are five different locations in and around the Provo, UT area.
|Biomat USA Provo||501 North 900 East
Provo, UT, 84606
|TPR Provo||651 West Columbia Lane
Provo, UT, 84604
|Biomat USA Orem||349 E. University Parkway
Orem, UT, 84058
|Orem Red Cross Blood, Platelet and Plasma Donation Center||384 East University Parkway Orem, UT 84058||1-800-RED CROSS|
|Biomat USA||349 E University Pkwy
Orem, UT 84058
How Much Do You Get Paid for Plasma in Provo?
The amount of reimbursement for donating plasma will vary, based on different criteria. In some cases, plasma donors might be able to donate more plasma than average. For example, heavier people can donate more and, thus, can potentially make more per donation. Some clinics offer first-time incentive bonuses as well as other bonuses, coupons, and rewards to increase the amount you can make.
Different clinics pay different amounts. To get the precise payment amount, contact the clinic of your choice to find out what their payments are, and bear in mind, these sometimes change. That's why you should check regularly.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Donating Plasma
While plasma donation is relatively safe, there are some things you should do before and after donating plasma to be safe. You may also want to arrange for transportation since you might be fatigued after donating.
Before Donating Plasma
- Hydrate yourself well with water before donating
- Eat healthy within two hours of your donation
- Avoid high-fat and high-cholesterol foods
- Don't smoke or use tobacco an hour before your visit
- Don't have alcohol or caffeine before or on the day of your donation
- Avoid strenuous exercise an hour before your donation
- Get a good night's sleep the night before
After Donating Plasma
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
- Eat a healthy meal
- Don't use tobacco products for at least two hours
- Avoid heavy lifting or vigorous exercise
Can You Donate Plasma if You Have Had COVID-19?
Yes. Plasma is used to help develop better treatments for high-risk individuals who contract the COVID-19 virus. Even if you've had one or two COVID vaccines, plus boosters, your plasma is very helpful.
How Using DoNotPay Helps With Donating Plasma in Provo
It can be tedious and challenging to find the right donor clinic for you in Provo. Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
And that's it!
Ready to start helping save lives while earning a little extra cash? Sign up with DoNotPay today and see how much you can get done!