All About Plasma Donation In Middletown, Ohio
Plasma donation is used for several medical conditions like respiratory, liver, and bleeding or clotting disorders. One session of plasma donation can save up to three lives, and you can donate as often as every 28 days.
In addition to helping save lives, the plasma donation center will compensate you for your act of generosity. You can earn up to $300 per month, getting between $20 - $50 per session. For example, in Middletown, Ohio, the plasma centers pay between $365 - $1,100.
However, some centers can understate the amount you need to be paid. By using DoNotPay, you can easily participate in plasma donation in Middletown, Ohio, and receive your deserved compensation.
What Is Plasma Donation?
Plasma is the pale-yellow fluid that makes up 50% of your blood. The yellow liquid contains antibodies that help your body to fight off infections. Plasma is full of proteins required to manufacture medicine for life-threatening conditions.
The doctor will insert a needle in your arm connected to the apheresis machine during plasma donation. During the extraction process, the machine will receive and separate the blood components– plasma, white blood cells, platelets, and white blood cells.
Unfortunately, plasma is in low supply, and it can take at least 130 - 1300 donations to make enough medicine for one patient a year. Therefore, people are encouraged to check their eligibility status to donate plasma.
The most common users of plasma donation in Middletown, Ohio, include:
- Cancer patients – Adults and children
- People with liver or blood clotting disorders
- Individuals who have experienced severe burns or shock
What Are the Plasma Donor Eligibility Requirements in Middletown, Ohio?
Blood type is an essential factor to consider for plasma donation while in Middletown, Ohio. Although people with blood type AB are the universal plasma donors, other blood types– A, B, and O are also encouraged to donate their plasma.
It would be best to visit a plasma collection center in Middletown, Ohio, to determine your eligibility. In general, plasma donors should:
- Be between 18 - 69 years
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Pass all the needed medical examinations
- Go through a non-reactive test for transmissible viruses such as HIV and Hepatitis.
- Provide an extensive medical history record or undergo thorough screening
You will need to pass two health screenings and have negative results within six months to get the qualified donor status. However, if you fail your medical tests, your collected plasma will not be used to manufacture medicine or other medical purposes.
Plasma Donation Locations in Middletown, Ohio
The table below shows the various plasma location areas across Middletown, Ohio.
|Donation Center||Address||Phone Number|
|BioLife||2850 Towne Blvd. Middletown, OH 45044||(513) 424-1462|
|American Red Cross||It varies by specific centers||(800) 733-2767|
|CSL Plasma||3255 Dixie Highway Hamilton, OH 45015||(513) 892-3156|
|Hoxworth Blood Center||7844 Kingland Dr. West Chester Township, OH 45069||(513) 451-0910|
How to Donate Plasma on Your Own
To donate plasma in Middletown, Ohio, visit BioLife Plasma Services. Your visit can take up to two hours for new donors because the first visit includes a physical examination, while recurrent donors spend one hour at the facility. There are three ways to schedule an appointment at BioLife:
1. Send Your Application Online
You need to be an account holder with BioLife to schedule appointments and receive compensation. If you are a new member, visit the BioLife website and register. You can also register using your Facebook or Google account.
When creating a profile, you will provide information like your full name and zip code to move to the next step. You will then be required to verify your email address before getting an account.
After getting an account, you will receive appointment dates and check your balance after compensation. BioLife compensation is provided in the form of a prepaid MasterCard.
The debit MasterCard is accepted countrywide to make purchases. Through your BioLife account, you can also transfer the money to your bank account if it's more than $300.
2. Visit the Plasma Donation Center
If you're a first-time donor, you can visit BioLife's physical center and create your account. The center is located at 2850 Towne Blvd, Middletown, OH 45044, across Walmart SuperCenter.
BioLife's operating hours are:
- Sunday - 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Monday - 10:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Tuesday - 6:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Wednesday - 6:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Thursday - 6:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Friday – 6:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Saturday - 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
3. Call the Donation Center
The center encourages first-time donors to book an appointment online or visit the center. However, since recurrent donors have their information on record at the facility, it's easier to schedule an appointment by calling (513) 424-1462 during office hours.
What to Eat Before Donating Plasma
Nutrition is vital before donating plasma as it will determine the severity of the side effects like dizziness and fainting spells. Below are some of the recommended foods:
- Six to eight cups of water or juice a day before donation
- Eating meals rich in iron and proteins three hours before the donation process
- Avoid alcohol the night before and on the day of your donation appointment
- Don't indulge in fatty foods like french fries, pizza, potato chips, and sweets
How to Become a Plasma Donor With the Help of DoNotPay
Trying to physically find a plasma donation center can be a hectic and tiring process. DoNotPay can help you donate plasma by helping you find the best plasma donation centers around you.
In addition, we provide you with a detailed outline of the eligibility requirements and an estimated compensation value per center. Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay provides users with solutions like knowing how to become a plasma donor in Middletown, Ohio. We work with multiple entities to offer other services at the press of a button.
Some of the other services we provide include but are not limited to:
- Changing Mailing Address
- Providing Child Travel Consent Form
- Giving Hotel Upgrades
- Helping With Bills
- Connecting With an Inmate