How To Make An Appointment To Donate Plasma In Mesa, AZ
Have you heard about donating plasma and you're looking to find out more information before scheduling an appointment? Well, you've come to the right place. Plasma donation is an essential process that helps healthcare professionals provide treatment for patients throughout the medical field. In many ways, donating plasma is a heroic and honorable task. It helps save lives day after day for countless people.
The process for donating can take a little time and research. If you're looking at let DoNotPay help you verify your eligibility and get you all of the need-to-know information as you take the first steps to schedule your appointment.
What Is Plasma and Why Is It Important?
Before you make your appointment to donate, let's break down what plasma is and how it's beneficial to you and so many others. Plasma is the liquid portion of the blood and contains proteins such as albumin and gamma globulin. It also contains mineral salts, sugars, fats, hormones, anti-hemophilic factors, and vitamins. These elements help balance blood pressure and pH levels which support cell function. Plasma also carries electrolytes with potassium and sodium to our muscles and supplies critical proteins that help prevent blood clots and other illnesses.
That sounds like a lot of work, right? That's exactly why donating plasma is so important. It's a fundamental solution and treatment to many illnesses and traumas that professionals in healthcare are trying to improve.
Eligibility Requirements for Donating Plasma
Some donation centers will have more than the standard requirements for donating plasma. It's up to each organization to add their rules and guidelines, but the majority of centers will follow the same basic list when determining if you're eligible to donate. This helps organize donations and also ensures that your plasma can be used.
Common eligibility conditions include:
- At 18 years old
- Weigh a minimum of 110 pounds
- No new tattoos within the last 4 months
- Provide a valid form of ID and have a permanent address to record
- Pass a screening process with a physical exam
Where Can You Donate Plasma in Mesa AZ
When looking to donate plasma, you should first consider the ones that are much near to where you are as this will help save you the trouble of traveling and spending more. Here are a few Donation Centers you can try:
|Donation Center||Location||Contact Details|
|Biomat USA, Inc.||535 S Dobson Rd Mesa, AZ 85202||(480) 833-1598|
|Octapharma Plasma||9124 E Main St Ste 1Mesa, AZ 85207||(480) 795-6283|
|Grifols||535 S Dobson Rd Ste 1 Mesa, AZ 85202||(480) 833-1598|
|Sera Care Inc||565 S Dobson Rd Ste 1 Mesa, AZ 85202||(480) 833-1598|
|CSL Plasma||1000 EBroadway Rd Tempe, AZ 85282||(480) 894-1330|
Steps for Scheduling a Plasma Donation Center Appointment
The hardest part of donating plasma is getting through the eligibility stage and selecting which donation center you feel most comfortable visiting. There's no shortage in organizations throughout , which can make it feel a little daunting when trying to select the best place to work with. Fortunately, due to the surplus of options, you can choose based on reward, convenience, reviews, and more.
As you prepare to schedule your appointment, the process will likely look a little something like this.
- Review centers nearby and select the location you'd like to donate at
- Review that location's specific requirements
- Fill out any pre-appointment forms and verify your information
- Complete a virtual or in-person screening if asked to do so
- Select a date you're available for 2-3 hours
Each location is different, which means their processes may vary slightly. However, the steps for being approved are typically the same. They can be a little time-consuming but are worth the effort.
Preparing to Donate Plasma
You're almost there! Now that you have an idea about what plasma is, why it's important, and you've maybe even scheduled your appointment - it's time to get ready for the big day. There are a few easy-to-follow tips that can help make your donation day flow smoothly. Most of these recommendations are part of your daily habits, which makes things even easier.
Your preparation checklist should include the following:
- Stay hydrated (fruit juice and water are the best options)
- Eat a light or balanced meal a few hours before you donate
- Stay away from alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine before and after donating plasma
- Go to bed early the night before
- Pack a "go-bag" and double-check that you have a valid government ID, social security card, and some mail with your address.
Bonus Tip: check online for any coupons for the center you're donating with. This can help you get extra rewards sometimes.
If you're feeling nervous beforehand, understand that those feelings are perfectly normal. Remind yourself of the benefits that come with donating plasma and how your donation could help change somebody's life. All in all, try your best not to overthink and be prepared to ask questions during your appointment if you're curious or uncertain about anything.
Should you need help finding a local center, setting up and getting through the screening process, or scheduling your appointment, DoNotPay can help. You'll be able to become a plasma donor with ease and stress less about having everything you need before your donation time.
Scheduling an Appointment to Donate Plasma With DoNotPay
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
More Ways DoNotPay Can Help
If you've made it this far then you're more than likely sitting on the edge of your seat ready to click that schedule appointment button. Before you do so, review a few of our other DoNotPay guides with important details you may need when preparing and planning to donate plasma.
Need to Know Plasma Donation Guides:
- How Often Can You Donate
- Can Diabetics Donate Plasma
- Who Cannot Donate Plasma
- How Old Do You Have to Be
- How Long Does it Take
- Can You Donate After Your Covid Vaccine
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Besides helping you donate plasma for cash, DoNotPay can assist you with many other things such as: