Get Compensated for Your Plasma Donation in Austin
Due to the benefit of plasma, there's a high demand for plasma donors nowadays. Besides saving lives, you can get compensation for donating plasma. But before you start, there are specific requirements you must meet. Another thing you should find out is your state of health and eligibility for the procedure.
Ready to donate at any center? Read on as DoNotPay guides you on how to donate plasma for cash.
What Is Plasma/Why Donate Plasma?
Plasma is the most significant liquid component of blood that consists of water, and it also contains essential proteins and other minerals vital for proper blood functioning. The blood contains about 55% of plasma.
You provide a valuable gift to people who need plasma-derived therapies to stay healthy by donating plasma. Plasma is an essential source for several plasma-derived medications and treats specific conditions and life-threatening diseases.
Donating plasma helps save and improve the quality of life of many individuals. Globally, patients value blood donors because they provide a chance for a more productive and better life.
Plasma Donor Eligibility Requirement
Due to the high demand for plasma, health facilities seek dedicated donors. Donor safety, including the security derived from plasma donations, is essential. Thus, you need to visit a plasma collection center to know if you're qualified to donate.
To become a plasma donor, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be more than 18 years old.
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Can provide proof of identity (Photo ID) and address.
- Follow a recommended diet.
- Pass a basic physical exam.
- Pass a primary health screen, blood test, and viral test, e.g., hepatitis and HIV.
Note that donor eligibility depends on the plasma collection site.
Plasma Donation Centers Austin Texas
Here are a few blood centers if you want to donate plasma. You can choose the one nearest to you.
|CSL Plasma||1800 E Parmer Ln, Austin, TX 78754||737-787-1131||Donate Plasma: Plasma Donation Centers | CSL Plasma|
|BioLife plasma services||Kyle, TX, United States||1 512-251-8855||Plasma Donation Centers | BioLife Plasma Services|
|BPL Plasma||2801 Via Fortuna, Suite 400, Austin, Tx 78746||(512) 582-7525||BPL Plasma|
|We Are Blood-South Austin Donor Center||3100 W Slaughter Ln, Austin, TX, 78748||(512) 206-1266
|We Are Blood: Drawn together since 1951.|
|Biomat USA||1807 W Slaughter Ln Building 4, Austin, TX 78748||512-865-4200||Pride for Donors. Passion for Patients | GRIFOLS (grifolsplasma.com)|
Plasma Donation Austin Compensation
Plasma donors in Austin always get compensation for their time and effort. But the amount you receive may vary depending on the location. To make more money, you have to conduct thorough research, including your health and the center you want to donate plasma to.
CSL Plasma will pay you between $20-$45 each time you visit to donate, and BPL Plasma pays a flat rate of $50 per donation. The center offers some promotions. So, you can check their Facebook page for updates. You can get an extra $15 as a referral bonus or during your 6th donation.
At Biomat USA, you can earn between $40-$75 per donation. But the amount depends on the location and if they're running any promotions.
Essential Things to Know Before Donating Plasma
You need to keep in mind some precautions before and after donating plasma. Here are the things to consider before a plasma donation.
- Drink enough water on the donation day.
- Don't take foods high in cholesterol and fat.
- Avoid tobacco an hour before donating.
- Eat healthy food two hours before your visit.
- Don't take caffeine and alcohol before and on the donation day.
- Rest well the night before donation.
- Stop engaging in strenuous exercises an hour before donation.
Here are the things to bear in mind after a plasma donation:
- Drink enough water to recover lost fluids.
- Avoid tobacco 30 minutes after donation.
- Don't carry out any strenuous activity for about 24 hours.
- Eat a balanced meal two hours after a donation.
How Does Plasma Collection Work?
The blood is drawn from your arm, components separated, and the plasma is put into a separate bag in plasma donation. After that, the remaining blood components are inserted back into your arm.
What Are the Processes for Plasma Donation?
If you want to donate plasma for cash, you have to go through the following processes:
- Locate a blood plasma donation Austin center near you.
- Show your identities such as an address, SSN, and government-issued ID.
- Go through a medical exam and review of medical history.
- Undergo some tests, including HIV, hepatitis, hemoglobin, and protein levels.
- Fill and complete all paperwork.
- Donate plasma.
How to Donate Plasma on Your Own?
Visit your nearest donation center if you want to donate plasma. But, ensure you carry out some research to know if you're qualified for the procedure. As for how long the process is, it normally takes around two hours but may extend further.
How Often Can You Donate Plasma?
The American Red Cross states that an individual can only donate plasma every 28 days or approximately 13 times yearly. But, private plasma donation centers allow people to donate several times each week. The least interval between two donations is 24 hours. Thus, you have to wait for eight weeks before donating plasma after donating blood.
Many individuals don't even know how to become a blood plasma donor. But if you want to become one at ease, DoNotPay will guide you. Also, we will educate you on the processes and requirements to save a life.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Donate Plasma in Austin
DoNotPay clinical trials product can help you donate plasma by finding the best plasma sites near you. We offer compensation estimates and outline the eligibility requirements/donation process. That way, you know what to expect. Is it questions or concerns about your eligibility, store hours, compensation, or first-time bonuses? DoNotPay will help you find out.
Here's how DoNotPay can help you become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Besides helping you donate plasma for cash, DoNotPay can assist you with many other things. Below are some of the services we also offer:
If you need help becoming a plasma donor, contact DoNotPay!