How to Get Your Nebraska Hunting License The Fast and Easy Way
Many Nebraska residents, and people all over the United States, love nothing more than getting up before the crack of dawn to go hunting with friends or family. Nebraska is home to plenty of wildlife, including pronghorn, elk, deer, waterfowl, and small game, making it an excellent place for hunting enthusiasts to live or visit. However, before you go out on a hunt, you will need to obtain a Nebraska hunting license.
Failure to get the proper license can result in fees and misdemeanors on your record. Those fees can range from $50 to over $1,000 depending on the situation and animals being hunted. The good news is that it has never been easier to get a Nebraska hunting license, thanks to DoNotPay!
Who Can Get a Nebraska Hunting License?
Anyone in the state of Nebraska can get a hunting license. All residents ages 16 and older must have a resident hunting permit and a Habitat Stamp. All non-residents must have a non-resident hunting permit and a Habitat Stamp.
You need an education certificate if you are 12 through 29 years old, and you must carry proof of successful completion of firearm hunter education while hunting with a firearm or airgun. Nebraska offers in-person and online hunting education courses, and the certification costs about $30.
There are several types of hunting licenses in Nebraska, including:
- Resident hunting permit for those who have lived in Nebraska for at least 30 days. Active-duty military members and students who live in Nebraska and attend a school in the state are considered residents.
- Non-resident hunting permit for those visiting the state and want to hunt
- Youth hunting permit for those under the age of 15
- Senior hunting permit for those who are age 69 or older and get a discount
Hunting permits, and subsequent stamps, are good for the calendar year, though Nebraska residents and non-residents also have the option to purchase a lifetime hunting license and stamp.
What Is the Cost of a Nebraska Hunting License?
The cost of a hunting license in Nebraska depends on the type of license, age, and the applicant's residency. The table below shows a list of the main hunting licenses in Nebraska:
|Type of Nebraska Hunting License
|Annual Hunt Fish Combo
|Resident Senior Annual Hunt Fish Combo
|Resident Veteran Annual Hunt Fish Combo
|3 Year Hunt All-State Stamps
|3 Year Hunt Fish Combo All-State Stamps
|3 Year Hunt Fish Combo Habitat Stamp
|3 Year Hunt Habitat Stamp
|Non-Resident 2-Day Hunt
|Non-Resident Youth Annual Hunt
|Resident Lifetime (age 16-45) Hunt
|Resident Lifetime (age 16-45) Hunt Fish Combo
|Resident Lifetime (age 46+) Hunt
|Resident Lifetime (age 46+) Hunt Fish Combo
|River Antlerless Private Land Only - Deer
|Turkey (spring or fall)
How to Obtain a Nebraska Hunting License on Your Own
In order to get a hunting license in Nebraska on your own, you will have to complete the following steps on the Nebraska Game and Parks website:
- Visit the Nebraska Game and Parks license portal
- Log in with an existing account or create a new one using the "Login or Create New Profile" button at the top of the page
- Select the appropriate hunting license from the list of options
- Add the proper hunting permit(s) to your cart
- Check out and enter your payment information
- Print your temporary permit if applicable
- Wait for an official permit to arrive in the mail, which can take several business days
This series of steps may not seem too challenging to do on your own, but several complications can arise throughout the process. Many people aren't sure which type of permit they will need to do the kind of hunting they want to do, or they may enter the wrong start date, making their short-term permits useless. To avoid buying the wrong hunting license or several of the other errors that can arise, you can count on DoNotPay to do it right for you the first time.
The Easier Way to Get a Nebraska Hunting License with DoNotPay
If you'd rather not go through all of those steps and have to wait for your hunting license to arrive in the mail, you can use to get one immediately! All it takes is a few minutes of your time to complete the following three steps:
- Search "hunting license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a hunting license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, an annual or one-time pass, big game or small game license, bear tag, etc.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that's it! DoNotPay will get your Nebraska hunting license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license, while a physical copy gets processed and sent to you by mail.
Why Use DoNotPay?
DoNotPay makes getting hunting licenses easy, fast, and successful. Our powerful platform allows you to only enter in a few key pieces of information, and we handle the rest! We will make the very best case on your behalf, and we can answer questions or fight on your behalf if problems arise as we try to get your Nebraska hunting license for you.
Instead of spending hours trying to navigate the online hunting portal yourself, you can save plenty of time by relying on DoNotPay instead.
What Else Can DoNotPay do?
DoNotPay, the world's first AI Consumer Champion, uses the power of artificial intelligence to help people like you get more done with less effort. Besides obtaining hunting licenses for you, we can also help you with:
- Connecting with an inmate
- Appealing banned accounts
- Appealing parking tickets in any city
- Deleting your Instagram account
- Providing burner phones
- And so much more!
If you have a long to-do list that makes you feel overwhelmed every time you look at it, visit DoNotPay to see which items we can check off for you!