How To Recover A Minecraft Account That’s Been Hacked
Minecraft is a type of game referred to as a "sandbox" video game. This is because it is set in an enormous online world where you can manipulate, create, and modify almost every single aspect of the game.
As of 2020, Minecraft had a total of more than 131 million active monthly users. Because of the number of people that use this game, it makes it an easy target for people wanting to hack accounts to try and find users' personal information.
If you believe that your, there are steps you can take to ensure that your private information is protected and that you can recover your hacked account. Whether you are interested in learning how to recover your hacked Minecraft account on your own or you would like to learn more about how to use DoNotPay's Recover Hacked Accounts product, this guide can walk you through the steps necessary to get back into your hacked account.
What to Do If Your Minecraft Account Gets Hacked
There are a couple of ways to immediately tell if your Minecraft account has been compromised. These include:
- Receiving an email from Mojang, the Minecraft developer, that your account has been logged into from an unknown device
- Being kicked out of an active game because your account has logged in at a different location
If either of these happen to you, there are ways to protect your hacked account. You can:
- Try to change the password associated with your Mojang account. This new password should not be similar to the old password and should not be easy to guess.
- Log out of your account from all devices and try logging in again with the new password. If this is successful, you do not need to do anything further.
- You can also select Forgot my password from the login page. An email should be sent to you with instructions on how to reset your password.
After following these steps, you can make sure your account is secure by opting into Two-Factor Authentication. Since Minecraft is owned by Microsoft, you can migrate your Mojang account to a Microsoft account, which allows you to set up Two-Factor Authentication and thereby makes your Minecraft account more secure.
What If My Minecraft Account Information Has Been Changed?
If you are or change your password, you can report an account that you believe is compromised. To do so:
- Verify that you are logging in with correct information - do this to ensure you aren't simply using the wrong email address or password.
- Test each possible login combination - before reporting a compromised account, be certain that you are using all possible correct login combinations. In most cases where people believe their account has been hacked, it just comes down to login issues.
- If you are certain your account information has been changed, contact Minecraft Support and they will investigate further.
The steps to recover a hacked Minecraft account are somewhat tedious and may seem very daunting if you are concerned that your private information is vulnerable. With the help of DoNotPay, your account can be successfully recovered and you can get back to gaming without the stress of trying to follow Mojang's confusing steps on your own. Simply follow the instructions below and we will help you get back into your account so you can update your password and security to better protect your information.
DoNotPay Can Help You Recover Your Minecraft Account
If your Minecraft account has been hacked, you don't need to try to navigate recovering your account by yourself. DoNotPay can help you easily and quickly recover your hacked account in just a few simple steps.
If you want to recover your gaming account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Gaming Account product on DoNotPay and enter the gaming company name.
- Fill in the details of your account, including when it was first created, when it was hacked, whether you still have access, the name of the game, associated usernames, and how much you have paid through this account (if you've paid at all).
- Choose whether you would like us to send the demand letter on your behalf, or just generate a digital copy, and provide your e-signature.
DoNotPay can get you access to almost any of your hacked accounts. You can use DoNotPay's Account Hacked product to help with:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Not only can DoNotPay help you get back into hacked accounts, but we can also help you recover lost passwords and delete accounts that you no longer wish to use. In addition to assistance with online accounts, DoNotPay can also help you:
- Appeal banned accounts
- Understand copyright protection
- Cancel any service or subscription
- File a complaint against any company
- Sue anyone in small claims court
Sign up for DoNotPay to discover which of our services can help you today!