Getting a Pet License in Matthews, NC
If you're the proud owner of a new pet and you're a resident of Matthews, NC, you'll need to make sure to get a Matthews pet license. Pet licenses allow the local government to make sure that pet owners are following requirements regarding spaying and neutering, keeping rabies vaccines up to date, and more.
Making sure to fulfill all the requirements for obtaining or renewing your Matthews pet license can be quite a chore. That said, there's an easier way to navigate the bureaucratic hoops with DoNotPay.
How Do I License a Pet in Matthews?
You will need to license your dog, cat, or ferret in Matthews if they are older than four months. You must complete the process within 30 days of obtaining the pet or moving to Matthews. As part of your application for a new pet license, you will need to fill out the Town of Matthews Pet License Application. Once you have filled out the form, you have two options for getting it processed.
Pay by Mail
If you choose to register your pet by mail, you'll need to mail your form along with your check or money order made out to "Town of Matthews" and the required documentation to the following address:
Matthews Animal Licensing
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
These days, of course, not everyone has a check or a stamp handy. Getting all of this together can certainly be a hassle, especially for those with limited free time.
If you'd prefer to pay in person, you can bring your paperwork and payment (cash or check) to Town Hall, 232 Matthews Station Street in the Finance Department Office. Of course, processing your pet license this way will require you to spend money on gas, look for a parking space, and possibly stand in line for some time just to get everything in order.
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in Matthews?
The cost breakdown for registering a pet in Matthews is as follows:
|Standard License Fees||1 Year||3 Years|
|Altered (Spayed/Neutered) Dog||$10||$30|
|Senior Discount (62+) for Altered Dog||No Fee||No Fee|
|Service or Police Dog||No Fee|
|Tag Replacement Fee||$2|
- Four or more animals: If you have four (4) or more dogs, cats, or ferrets, you must have a "Four or More" permit. If you have any farm animals, you are required to have a Town Permit. These permits require a nonrefundable $25 inspection fee. Permit applications may be found at matthewsnc.com or the Finance Department.
Note that in order to receive a 3-year license for a spayed or neutered animal, the animal must have received a 3-year rabies vaccine within the last three months.
What Documents Do You Need to Register Your Pet in Matthews?
Before you go about submitting your application for a pet license, you'll need to make sure you have all your ducks in a row as far as documentation. Required documentation includes the following:
- A current rabies vaccination certificate. For a new license, this is required. For renewals, it is required if the rabies vaccination on file has expired. Hangups can occur if your address on file or previous vaccination information is out of date.
- Proof of spay/neuter. Documentation considered proof includes a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services. This is mandatory if the pet has undergone spay/neuter surgery since the last licensing period and you are applying for the lower spayed/neutered license fee.
- Proof of your age. You must submit this if you are applying to receive the discounted fees for residents aged 62 and up.
If you're planning to submit a copy of these documents, you'll need to make sure you have access to a copier or scanner/printer so you don't end up submitting your originals. This can be another obstacle in your path when trying to get your pet registration submitted.
How Can I Renew or Replace my Pet License in Matthews?
Matthews residents who already have their information in Pet Data or got a notice in the mail may be able to renew their pet license online. Note that you can only use this option if you are not required to submit any paperwork, such as an updated rabies certificate or proof of spay/neuter. Note also that there is a $1.95 convenience fee for online payment.
If you are requesting a replacement tag, a $2 fee will be added for processing.
If you cannot renew your license online, you will need to renew by mail or in-person using the process outlined above.
How Long Does the Pet License Last in Matthews?
Depending on which type of license you select, it can last either one or three years.
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Matthews using DoNotPay:
As you've seen, there are a lot of potential obstacles standing in your way if you go the routes outlined above for getting your Matthews pet license. But the good news is, there's an alternative: DoNotPay. DoNotPay saves you time and effort so you can get your pet license quickly and easily.
If you want to save time registering your pet in Matthews using DoNotPay and don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
DoNotPay saves you a great deal of hassle when obtaining or renewing your pet license. It helps you know exactly what you need to submit, upload it quickly and easily, and skip the lines at town hall or the pain of dealing with printing, copying, buying stamps, and stuffing envelopes. DoNot Pay is
Let DoNotPay help you today.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For Me?
Matthews isn't the only location whose pet licenses you can get through DoNotPay. Below is just a small sample of other places whose pet licenses we can process:
- King County
- L.A. County
- Pierce County
- Orange County
- Washington State
- Maricopa County