Get Low-Income Housing In Casper, Wyoming In 2 Easy Steps
These days, many hard-working people find it difficult to make the rent. Some folks are elderly or too disabled to work. If this sounds like you, don't panic. There are several ways to qualify for . And we’re going to explain them all today.
Do I Qualify for Low-Income Housing in Casper, WY?
is available if you meet strict income standards. The median annual income in Natrona County is around $85,000, and the qualifications are based on a percentage of that, and the number of people in your household.
|Household Size||Combined Income Limit|
Low Income Housing in Casper Wyoming
There are at least a dozen apartment complexes in Casper that offer affordable housing to low-income individuals and families. Some are seniors-only, while others accept qualifying families with children. All of them accept Section 8 Choice Housing Vouchers. We’ve listed some below.
1. Central Pines
2600 Fleetwood Place
2. Platte View Apartments
540 East M Street
3. Elkhorn Apartments
2953 Central Drive
4. St. Anthony Manor
211 East 6th Street
5. Village Gardens
2288 South McKinley Street
6. Gail Gardens
300 West BC Street
7. Eastward Court
1461 South Missouri Avenue
8. Windy City
1200 East Elk
9. Spring Hill III
650 South Walsh Drive
10. Stoney Hill
4144 Talon Drive
11. The Meadows Senior Housing
2955 Central Drive
12. Prairie Sage
2055 South Beverly
What Is Section 8?
The Section 8 housing choice voucher (HCV) is a federal program that assists very low-income families and qualified individuals in their quest for clean and safe housing. Options include single-family homes, townhouses, condos, and apartments. Section 8 recipients are not limited to renting at subsidized housing projects.
Housing vouchers are managed locally by the Casper Housing Authority. Voucher holders are responsible for finding a suitable rental unit managed by a landlord who agrees to cooperate with the program.
Section 8 subsidies are paid straight to the landlord on behalf of the participant who is required to pay any difference between the actual rent and the amount paid to the landlord by the voucher program.
Join the Section 8 Waiting List As Soon As You Can
Located at 145 N. Durbin Street in Casper, the Casper Housing Authority maintains three waiting lists for low-income families and individuals. Not all lists take new applicants at all times, however, so you'll need to check back often to find out when you can submit an application. Call (307) 266-1388 every day, until there is an opening.
The Project-Based Voucher waiting list is for people who want to live in an affordable housing project. The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list is for people who wish to rent from a private landlord. The Public Housing waiting list is for families and individuals who desire residency in an affordable housing apartment complex.
DoNotPay Makes it Easier to Get Low-Income Housing in Casper, Wyoming
- Instead of calling each low-income housing project one by one, or waiting to apply to get on a list, let DoNotPay manage the sometimes-frustrating process for you.
- We make it easier and simpler to apply for Section 8 vouchers and other affordable housing programs in Casper.
If you want to apply for , but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 2 easy steps:
- Answer a few questions about your income, family size, veteran/disability status, which county you hope to live in, etc.
- DoNotPay will find the PHA in charge of that county and contact them with all of your eligibility information to determine if you can start applying. They'll get back to you directly via email with the next steps.
Yes, it's as easy as that! Once our artificial intelligence robot lawyer has your details, DoNotPay will deliver the info to the correct public housing authority. Shortly thereafter, you will be contacted by the PHA. They'll tell you what to do next.
DoNotPay Handles All Sorts of Landlord and Rental Issues
In addition to making it so much simpler to apply for Section 8 and other affordable housing programs in Casper (or anywhere) DoNotPay helps people deal with a number of landlord and rental issues.
- DoNotPay can get your security deposit back
- DoNotPay can help you evict a bad roommate
- DoNotPay can help you avoid eviction
- DoNotPay can force your landlord to make necessary repairs
- DoNotPay can prevent you from being forced to move without notice
- DoNotPay can tell you about renter's rights in your area
- DoNotPay can file a formal complaint against your landlord
- DoNotPay can file a small claims lawsuit
DoNotPay Makes Things Easier
We can tell you about , but that's not the only way DoNotPay can simplify your day-to-day life. We can help you get out of paying a parking ticket, and we can help you cancel subscriptions you may have forgotten about.
If there is anything else our AI robot lawyer can help you with, let us know. We're standing by and ready to assist any time, day or night.