What to Do When You’ve Lost a Pet in Champaign Urbana
Have you lost your cat or dog? If so, it's important to act quickly so they can be returned home. Millions of pets go missing each year, and it takes a village to bring them home safe and sound.
Luckily, DoNotPay can report your to the proper authorities, giving them a better chance of finding you again.
Keep Your Pet Safe by Taking These Precautions
The best way to avoid dealing with a is by preventing them from going missing in the first place. Here are a few steps you can take to keep your pet safe at home:
- Microchip your pet
- Spay or neuter your pet
- Put a collar on your pet with a tag that displays your contact information
- Keep gates, doors and windows closed
- Put a leash on your pet whenever you're out and about
- Train your pet to come when called and to remain in your yard
Of course, none of these methods are fail-proof, but they can certainly help to ensure that your pet stays at home where he belongs.
How Often Do Lost Pets in Champaign Urbana Return Home?
According to a study conducted by the ASPCA, 94% of lost pets are eventually returned home, safe and sound. The likelihood of your pet returning home is even greater if you begin searching within the first 24 hours.
DoNotPay can report your missing pet quickly so you've got the best chance of bringing him back home.
What Should You Do if You Have a Lost Pet in Champaign Urbana?
If you discover that your pet is lost, take action immediately. Here are some of the things you can do to find your pet.
Enlist Help From Neighbors and Friends
|As soon as you notice, begin by searching your neighborhood. Call neighbors to see if they've spotted your pet in their yards, and ask family members to drive around town. Don't forget to take your pet's favorite treats along to help.|
Report Your Missing Pet to the Champaign County Animal Control
|If your pet goes missing during normal business hours, call Champaign County Animal Control at (217) 384-3798. If it's after hours, you can call the 24-hour line at (217) 333-8911. You can also stop by during business hours to see if your pet has been rescued.|
Notify Your Microchip Company
|If your pet has been microchipped, notify the company immediately. They'll be able to help you find your furry friend.|
Check Social Media Sites
|Check online websites like Facebook and NextDoor to see if anyone has located your pet. Often, a kind stranger finds a cat or dog and is desperate to get them back home where they belong. You can also use these websites to share pictures of your missing pet along with your contact information.|
|Create a flyer to distribute throughout your community and online. Here are things to include about your missing pet:
DoNotPay Can Report Your Lost Pet to the Proper Authorities
When a pet goes missing, the more help you have, the more likely you'll find him quickly. DoNotPay can report your pet to the proper authorities so you can focus your efforts elsewhere.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to report lost and found pets:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the report on your behalf, and make sure your lost or found pet gets recorded in the government directory and they know who to contact if they find a match.
Three Reasons to Trust DoNotPay
Here are three reasons you should trust DoNotPay to help report your missing pet:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
DoNotPay Can Help With Many Pet Problems
DoNotPay can help , but we can also help in cities across the country.
We offer many services for responsible pet owners. We can help you:
- Report Animal Abuse
- Apply for a Pet License
- Develop a Pet Custody Agreement
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay provides a variety of services to make your life easier. Here are some of the things we can do for you:
Don't try to tackle everything on your own. Let DoNotPay help you with the nitty-gritty tasks so you have more time to enjoy life.