How To Find Your Lost Dog In Nashville
When your dog or cat goes missing, making an official report can help you find them. But the process of reporting a lost dog in Nashville can be overwhelming for some people. Some good news? DoNotPay can report lost dogs on your behalf to the authorities, making your pet easier to find.
What Do You Do if You Lose Your Dog?
- Report your lost dog to Pet Harbor. Visit Metro Animal Care and Control (MACC) Office at 5125 Harding Pl, Nashville, TN 37211, or call (615) 862-7928 to file a dog loss report.
- Make sure you visit PetHarbor and MACC every day.
- Post your lost dog on sites and groups like Next door; Skippy Lou's Lost & Found.
- Design and post-eye-catchy fliers that include your dog's picture.
- Knock your neighbors' doors to report your missing dog.
- Share fliers with your neighbors, delivery drivers, newspaper deliverers, and local veterinarians.
Make sure you contact many shelter homes and veterinarians in the neighborhood. People who found and cannot locate the local shelters can drop it with a veterinarian. If your dog has a microchip, inform the company as soon as possible.
If you believe someone stole your pet, report it to your local police.
What Do You Do if You Find Someone’s Lost Dog in Nashville?
Caring for a lost animal you found can be challenging. But Nashville's animal control authority can help in your reuniting efforts. If you found someone's dog and you can care for the animal, here's what to do:
|Visit Nashville's animal control center||Report the lost but found pet|
|Contact Nashville's animal control center||(615) 862-7928|
|Visit the neighbors||Enquire about the dog you found.|
|Post information about the dog||You may post on the following websites/ pages:|
|Hang flyers in the neighborhood||The flier should include pictures of the dog and your contact information.|
If no one claims dog ownership within the stray-hold period, you can rehome the pet.
What to Do if You Cannot Provide Care For the Missing Dog You Found?
If you cannot provide care for someone's dog you found, contact these shelters:
These licensed shelters may help with field services, speeding up your reuniting efforts.
What Information Do I Need to Include in My Lost Dog Nashville Report?
Including as much information as possible in your report aids the investigation and reunion process. Some key details to include are:
- Your name and dog's name
- Zip Code – when searching on PetHarbor
- Phone number
- Email and home address
- Last place you saw your dog
- Breed and color of the dog
- Photo of your dog
MACC, Pet Harbor, shelter homes maintain a database of missing pets in Nashville. They post pictures of the animal and inform neighbors about it. Despite their help, reporting or searching for your lost dog in Nashville is a long process.
You may not know how to make the report or the information to provide. Even after you report, you have to call the shelter homes or visit their websites every day. Instead of feeling helpless about your missing dog, DoNotPay can salvage the situation.
Besides reporting on PetHarbor, DoNotPay will call MACC and other shelter homes in Nashville on your behalf. We will provide helpful information daily to ensure your dog returns on time.
How Can You Prevent Your Dog From Missing?
- Make your pet easy to identify.
- Go to pet hub to register your dog's rabies tag and microchip.
- Buy a standard collar or GPS collar for your dog.
- Build a DIY dog fence to prevent it from roaming.
- Attend to your animal and lock doors when not at home.
3 Steps Which DoNotPay Can Help You File Your Lost Dog Nashville Report?
If you need help with reporting a missing dog in Nashville, use these three steps:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
And that's it. DoNotPay will file the report on your behalf, and make sure your lost or found pet gets recorded in MACC's database, and they know who to contact if they find a match.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay takes care of several online services designed to save your time, effort, and money. Besides filing lost dog Nashville reports, here are a few more things we can do:
- Cancel a Subscription
- Pay Bills to a Physical Office
- Access Free Trials Without Being Charged
- Appeal Banned Accounts
Contact us whenever you need help with reporting and finding your missing dog!