How to Make Sure Your Pet is Legally Licensed in Lakewood
Lakewood, like many areas across the United States, requires pet owners to license their pets--both cats and dogs over two months of age. Are you tired of waiting in line to acquire your pet license? Do you want to get your Lakewood pet license online with less hassle? DoNotPay could have the solution.
How to Make Sure Your Pet is Licensed in Lakewood, WA
Securing a pet license in Lakewood, WA can be done in a couple of different ways.
1. Get your pet license online.
If you license your pet online in Lakewood, WA, you will need to:
- Gather up all the required paperwork--which, in many cases, you will need to fax or mail in to complete your application
- Make sure you have a major credit card on hand. Hint: you'll need to expect to pay a "convenience fee" for your online application.
- Fill out the online form--and make sure that it's error-free
Using the online system for licensing your pet in Lakewood can be complicated, especially if you need to go back later and upload the forms required by the state.
2. Mail in your license information.
Mailing in your license information is not only time-consuming, but it can also leave you scrambling to get your pet's license taken care of--especially if something goes wrong and it's delayed in the mail. To secure your pet's license in Lakewood, you will need to:
- Gather up and make copies of your paperwork. Keep in mind that you won't get the paperwork back, so you don't want to send the originals.
- Make sure you have a check or money order on hand.
- Mail your completed application, paperwork, and check to: City of Lakewood Animal Licensing C/O PetData PO Box 141929 Irving, TX 75014-1929
How Much Does It Cost to Register a Pet in Lakewood?
Need to register a pet in Lakewood? The fees you pay may depend on the type of animal and even your age.
Regular registration fees:
- Unaltered dog/cat: $55
- Spayed/neutered dog: $20
- Spayed/neutered cat: $12
- Dog/cat under 6 months: $4
If you're a senior over the age of 65 or suffer from a documented physical disability:
- Unaltered dog/cat: $30
- Spayed/neutered dog: $10
- Spayed/neutered cat: $4
- Dog/cat under six months: $6
Lakewood does not charge a fee for service dogs, nor does it issue a fee for replacement tags if you lose yours. However, if you're late registering your pet, you can expect to pay a $2 late fee.
Why Bother with Registering Your Pet in Lakewood?
Registering your pet in Lakewood is the law. Whether you have a dog or a cat over two months of age, you will need to make sure that the animal is properly registered to ensure that you do not receive costly fines and fees. Registering your pet also offers several other advantages.
- Your pet will be more likely to make it back to you if it gets out or gets lost.
- Your pet will have proof that it's vaccinated against rabies if it gets away from you, which makes people more likely to approach it and get it back to you.
- Shelters will usually hold on to your pets longer if they have a registration tag. Without that registration, your pet may be adopted out in a matter of days.
The Documents You Need to Register Your Pet in Lakewood
Ready to license your pet? Make sure that you have:
- Proof that your pet is spayed or neutered. A signed letter from your veterinarian will suffice. Note: this is not necessary if your pet has been licensed as spayed or neutered in the past.
- A copy of your current rabies vaccine certificate. Pets in Lakewood must be vaccinated in order to be registered.
How Long Does My Lakewood, WA Pet License Last?
Your Lakewood, WA pet license will last for one year unless you register a new pet later in the year. You will need to submit your registration information by February 28 each year.
Save Time Registering Your Pet in Lakewood with DoNotPay
If you want to save time registering your pet in Lakewood, DoNotPay has you covered in a few easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
That's all it takes. With these simple steps, you can take care of your Lakewood pet license in one easy location.
Why Use DoNotPay for Your Lakewood Pet License?
DoNotPay is fast, convenient, and accessible. Even better, you'll have the assurance that everything is filled out properly and quality-checked the first time, which means you can have your pet's license in your hands sooner-- and that you won't risk unnecessary late fees. DoNotPay is the easy, convenient way to manage your Lakewood pet license--and all your other pet licensing needs. Need to license a pet in King County? We have you covered. Want to license a pet in LA County? We can do that, too. DoNotPay can help handle pet licensing for:
|Maricopa County||And a host of other locations!|
It's time to start saving time and increasing convenience for your pet licensing, bill paying, and other needs. Ready to register your pet online in Lakewood, WA? Check out DoNotPay's convenient pet licensing option today.