How to Connect With the Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
The is a state-run, medium-security prison for adult males. Formerly known as the Kettle Moraine Boys School when it opened in 1962, it became the KMCI in 1974. The prison currently holds 1,064 inmates and is headed by Warden Jon Noble and Deputy Warden Michael Gierach. DoNotPay can help you connect with an inmate you wish to contact, whether by phone or letter.
Interesting demographic data for Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution includes the average age of inmates is 37 years old, over one-third have a mild-to-severe mental health diagnosis with over 60 percent of inmates having a high school or vocational diploma. For 45 percent of inmates, this is their first Wisconsin incarceration.
There are several vocational programs available at the institution:
- Computer-Aided Drafting
Counseling programs include the Earned Release Program, anger management, domestic violence, and sex offender treatment. Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous programs also meet.
Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution Contact Information
If you want to contact , you can use the information in the table below:
|Physical Address||Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
W9071 Forest Drive
Glenbeulah, WI 53023
|Phone Number||(920) 526-3244|
|Website||Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution|
Contacting Inmates at Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
There are several ways to contact inmates at Kettle Moraine. You can reach an inmate by mail, by phone, by ZOOM, or by an in-person visit. If you've reached KMCI before, be aware that their mail service and the carrier have changed to an outside vendor.
TextBehind handles all inmate mail for the Wisconsin Department of Corrections as of December 6, 2021. All inmate mail going to KMCI must be addressed as follows:
PIOC full name (first and last name) DOC #
Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
PO Box 189
Phoenix, MD 21131
Always include your return address on the envelope. Do not send legal, medical, or other protected mail to TextBehind, a free smartphone app, as the service does not handle that type of correspondence. Electronic mail is still an option for letters, greeting cards, and drawings through CorrLinks, the kiosk.
No incoming calls are allowed. Inmates can only make outgoing calls. ICSolutions is the provider. Through them, inmates can establish and fund calling accounts. Family and friends can also through their site or by calling (888) 506-8407.
In-state and out-of-state calls are charged at a 6-cent flat rate plus taxes and fees. International calls can only be made by debit, and rates will vary.
The Wisconsin Department of Corrections has discontinued using Western Union to send inmates money on February 19, 2018. All inmates can now receive funds through Access Corrections Secure Deposit and their affiliate provider CashPayToday. Access Corrections accepts funds through:
- The Access Corrections website
- Phone at (866) 345-1884. Operators are available 24/7. Bilingual. Visa and MasterCard are currently accepted.
- Mail. No service fees to send through the U.S. Postal Service.
- CashPayToday walk-in locations: Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Speedway. Cash only up to $2,900 daily. Service fees apply.
If you choose to send funds through the mail, you must complete a Wisconsin DOC Money Order/Check Deposit Slip Form. These are also available at all facilities. Make sure to legibly write the inmate's DOC number on both the money order and the deposit slip in either blue or black ink only. Make any cashier's checks or personal checks payable to Access Secure Deposits. The address to send money through the post office is:
Secure Deposits--Wisconsin DOC
PO Box 12486
St. Louis, MO 63132
Do not include any personal items as they will be discarded. That means no photos or letters—funds only.
Sending Personal Care Packages
Every inmate appreciates a personal care package. The Wisconsin DOC began a Personal Care Package Program on May 18, 2020, so family and friends can purchase approved personal care items for loved ones residing at Wisconsin Correctional facilities, including Kettle Moraine, once a quarter. Program details are outlined in this WDOC memo.
All other packages and property must be shipped through approved vendors. Inmates must make sure friends and family know all the requirements for sending parcels. Parcels are approved for the general population. Anyone currently housed in a restricted area will not receive any package while in restriction. They will be held for the inmate and given to the general population upon return.
Visiting a Kettle Moraine Inmate
It's vitally important for inmates to maintain contact with family and friends. Strong outside ties contribute to reduced recidivism rates and give inmates the most excellent chance of success once released. Visits are strongly encouraged, but visitation guidelines must be adhered to for the safety and well-being of all concerned.
- Obtain permission to visit an inmate.
- Photo identification is required for all visitors over age 16.
- Adhere to general visiting rules regarding the number of visitors, prohibited items, behavior, and clothing.
- Special accommodations can be made for visitors who use wheelchairs.
Handicapped parking is available, and only visitors on the inmate's approved visitor list will be permitted to enter the facility.
Using DoNotPay to Connect With an Inmate at KMCI
Connect with an inmate at the with these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers a lot of services that may be useful to you. Some of these services are the following:
- Property Tax Reduction
- Parking Tickets
- Robo Call Compensation
- Password Recovery
- Dispute Credit Letters