Contact the Johnstown Housing Authority Using DoNotPay
For many people all around the world, rent is the biggest bill that they will pay each month. With the cost of living going steadily up, it might seem as though paying your rent is a near-impossible challenge that must be met on a monthly basis. For residents of Johnstown, PA, that is especially true. According to Payscale, the average rent price in Johnston is $885/month, with median home prices estimated at around $282,805.
If you want to look into affordable living options in Johnston, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay will contact the Johnstown Housing Authority on your behalf, determining your eligibility and asking about the waitlist, saving you time and effort.
Who Is Eligible for Section 8 Housing in Johnstown?
Section 8 housing is a program offered through the Johnstown Housing Authority and funded by the federal government. It is designed to assist low-income and other eligible individuals with clean, affordable housing options, from single-family homes to apartments. If you are a senior citizen, someone with a disability, or fit into the category of individuals deemed to be low-income, you might be eligible to receive Section 8 vouchers in Johnstown, PA. Here are some of the eligibility requirements for Section 8 housing in Johnstown, according to the Johnstown Housing Authority website:
- Preference will be given to all applicants who have legal residence in Cambria County.
- Preference will be given to all applicants who are active duty United States servicemembers or veterans.
- All income and asset sources for the applicant are contacted to determine income eligibility.
Here are some additional things to know about applying for low-income housing through the Johnstown Housing Authority (JHA):
- An application is ineligible if any member is on the JHA Public Housing Trespass List.
- A complete criminal background check will be run for every candidate.
- For Public Housing applicants only, the JHA verifies previous residences for the past 12 months and obtains a reference from the previous landlord.
- Additional screening measures might be taken at any time in order to verify income eligibility.
How to Apply for Low-Income Housing in Johnstown on Your Own
If you want to apply for Section 8 housing in Johnstown on your own, here's how to do so:
Visit the Johnstown Housing Authority Office
The Johnstown Housing Authority website requests that all Section 8 program applicants visit the office located at 501 Chestnut Street, Johnstown, PA, 15906. It is a good idea to call the office ahead of time to verify the hours of operation, since COVID-19 might have caused a disruption to the regular operating schedule. The office number is 814-535-7771.
Fill Out an Application
After you complete the screening procedures and background checks required by the Johnstown Housing Authority, you can complete and file your application. Make sure to bring all required documents with you upon your initial visit to the office, including your legal ID, your notice of financial hardship (if applicable), and any other documents requested by the Johnstown Housing Authority. While all these documents might not actually be required in order to submit an application for low-income housing, it's good to be prepared.
Check the Status of Your Application Online
Once your application is submitted, it's time to wait. You can check the status of your application status on the Johnstown Housing Authority website, which notes that waiting list positions are updated on a daily basis. However, it might take up to two weeks before your application is visible on the Johnstown Housing Authority website.
There's no doubt that this process can not only be time-consuming, but stressful as well. Affordable housing should be accessible to everyone, but after making numerous phone calls and attempting to gather a variety of documents, you might feel tempted to walk away from the process altogether. However, you do have options. DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful solution for applying for low-cost housing in Johnstown. DoNotPay streamlines the process for you, reaching out to the Johnstown Housing Authority on your behalf and finding out about eligibility requirements.
Use DoNotPay to Apply for Low-Income Housing in Johnstown
How to apply for Section 8 Housing in Johnstown with DoNotPay
If you want to apply for Section 8 Housing in Johnstown but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 2 easy steps:
- Answer a few questions about your income, family size, veteran/disability status, which county you hope to live in, etc.
- DoNotPay will find the PHA in charge of that county and contact them with all of your eligibility information to determine if you can start applying. They'll get back to you directly via email with the next steps.
DoNotPay Can Help You Find Affordable Johnstown Housing Options
DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful way to apply for low-cost housing in Johnstown, PA. Don't spend hours making lengthy phone calls - let DoNotPay handle the legwork for you and reach out to the Johnstown Housing Authority. DoNotPay can help close the gap between you and the affordable housing that you are looking for, saving you stress, time, and frustration. Here are some other Section 8 questions and concerns that DoNotPay can help with:
- How to apply for Section 8 housing
- How to get Section 8 immediately
- Section 8 vouchers
- Section 8 government housing
- Section 8 rental assistance programs
- Where do I go to fill out for Section 8
- Housing Section 8 application form