Reporting to Huntsville Animal Control Easily

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm, is not licensed to practice law, and is not equivalent to the services of a licensed lawyer. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help, and does not offer legal services. Third party news articles mentioned on our website do not necessarily reflect the views of the company, or the current services that we offer.

How to Contact Huntsville Animal Control Using DoNotPay

Animal-related injuries, whether mild or serious, must be reported to animal control soon after they occur. By reporting a dog bite or other animal-related injuries, you can help protect your community by ensuring the animal and its owner are held accountable and the situation properly dealt with.

If you have recently experienced an animal-related injury or are worried about a potentially dangerous animal in the Huntsville area, you may wonder about the best way to get in touch with Huntsville Animal Control. DoNotPay can help you contact and walk you through the process of filing a report.

About Huntsville Animal Control

Animal control services in Huntsville, AL are overseen by the Madison County Animal Control department. They offer a number of services, including

  1. Impoundment and shelter of stray, abandoned, and nuisance animals
  2. Humane trapping of domestic nuisance animals
  3. Emergency transport of injured animal(s)
  4. Identification and return of lost pets
  5. Animal cruelty/neglect investigation
  6. Enforcement of state and local animal control laws
  7. Investigation of animal bites
  8. Humane education
  9. Community resources pertaining to animal behavior, care, welfare, and regulation

Huntsville Animal Services and Madison County Animal Control work together to ensure that all pets and animals in the Huntsville area are properly licensed, cared for, and regulated as necessary. If you have been injured by an animal, whether it is stray or feral, or someone's pet, you must contact so they can properly assess the situation and decide the best way to move forward.

Reasons to Contact Huntsville Animal Control

The reasons to contact Huntsville Animal Control will vary on a case-by-case basis. Typically, someone will contact animal control if they:

  • Have to surrender their pet to a shelter or are seeking pet adoption services.
  • Are having trouble with urban wildlife around their home or another public space.
  • Need to file an animal complaint, perhaps due to an animal-related injury or if they are concerned about the welfare of an animal.

The Alabama laws about animal bites state that any person keeping a dangerous or vicious animal of any kind is liable for any injuries caused by this animal. If an animal injures someone without provocation in a place where that person has the right to be, the owner is liable for this as well. Under these laws, if you suffered an animal-related injury by someone's pet, you are legally allowed to send demand letters to the pet's owner for damages. A complete summary and list of dog bite and animal-related injury laws in the state of Alabama can be found here. In addition to helping you contact Huntsville Animal Control, DoNotPay can also help you send demand letters to if you have been injured in an animal-related incident.

How to Report an Animal-Related Injury to Huntsville Animal Control

The first thing you should do after suffering an animal-related injury is call 911 if you are still feeling threatened by the animal or its owner. You should also call 911 if the injury sustained is severe. You may need to go to the hospital for treatment as well. When you need to reach out to Huntsville Animal Control due to an animal-related injury, there are a number of ways they can be contacted. They include:

By phoneFor animal-related injuries, Madison County Animal Control can be contacted at (256) 532-1519 or (256) 532-1651.
In-person or by mailThe address for Madison County Animal Control is 3210 Hi-Lo Circle in Huntsville, AL 35811.

There is no specific explanation of the steps to take to actually file an animal-related injury report through Huntsville Animal Control. This lack of information may leave you feeling frustrated or concerned that your report will not be successful. By letting DoNotPay do the work of filing the report for you, you can rest assured that your report will be handled securely and professionally so you can focus on healing from your injury.

How Can DoNotPay Help?

There is no need to take on the extra hassle of filing a report after recently being injured in an animal-related incident. If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.

  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.

  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).

And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

In addition to helping you with Animal Control cases, DoNotPay offers a variety of products and services to help make your life easier. A few of our products can help you:

Sign up for DoNotPay and learn which of our services we can put to work for you today!

Want your issue solved now?