Contacting Hanford Animal Control Easily

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm, is not licensed to practice law, and is not equivalent to the services of a licensed lawyer. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help, and does not offer legal services. Third party news articles mentioned on our website do not necessarily reflect the views of the company, or the current services that we offer.

Your Guide in Contacting Hanford Animal Control

Animal Control is a service provided by local governments to ensure the safety and well-being of animals. The office covers the area of Kings County, Hanford City, and Lemoore City in California. It provides for animal shelters, pet adoptions, rabies vaccinations, and enforcement of animal control laws. The organization also works with other agencies such as law enforcement to investigate cases involving abuse or neglect.

Depending on where you live, there are different types of services that can help you protect your pets from harm while providing information about how to keep your community safe. If you need to contact Hanford Animal Control but aren't sure how, DoNotPay can help you.

About Hanford Animal Control

The animal control officers are dedicated to helping animals in the community and work closely with local rescue organizations to find homes for adoptable animals. They also offer free rabies vaccinations and other services to help keep pets healthy and safe.

is also responsible for

  • enforcing ordinances
  • investigating cases of abuse or neglect
  • providing shelter to domesticated animals in need
  • advising on matters regarding animal control laws and regulations
  • ensuring compliance with California Laws
  • working in collaboration with other agencies

Hanford Animal Control Location and Hours

HoursMonday - Friday 10:30am - 5:00pm
Address10909 Bonneyview Lane Hanford, CA 93230
Phone(559) 852-2525
After hours phone(559) 584-2720

Kings County Dog Bite Laws

Dogs in California are considered "Personal Property" and as such, the owner of the dog is liable for any injury or damage their dog may cause. This is referred to as a "Strict Liability" law, meaning that there is no defense an owner can use to avoid responsibility for their dog's actions.

This law applies to any dog bite, regardless of the dog's past behavior or the owner's knowledge of it. It also applies even if the victim was trespassing or provoking the dog in some way.

There are, however, some limited exceptions to this law. If the dog was performing law enforcement or military duty at the time of the bite, the victim could not send demand letters to under this statute. This exception does not apply, however, if the victim was not suspected of participating in the alleged crime.

The Dog Owner’s Responsibility in Kings County

Even if the dog owner is not liable under the statute, they are still responsible for any damages their dog may cause. This includes paying for medical bills, veterinary bills, and any other costs associated with the injury. The owner may also be subject to civil penalties.

Compensation for a Dog Bite in Kings County

If you are bitten by a dog, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. This includes medical bills, veterinary bills, and other costs associated with the injury. You may also be able to recover damages for emotional distress, pain and suffering, and lost wages.

How to Report an Animal-Related Injury on Your Own in Kings County

If you are the victim of an animal-related injury, first and foremost, seek medical attention. Then do the following:

  1. Contact local law enforcement. Animal Control may work with law enforcement to investigate the case.
  2. Call the Hanford Animal Control office at (559) 852-2525. They can help you file a report and provide information on the next steps.
  3. If the dog is known, contact the owner and ask for their insurance information. If the owner refuses to provide contact information, write down their name.
  4. Contact your medical provider if you need more treatment or are unsure of what kind of treatment is needed.
  5. Save any proof that might be helpful in the future, such as vet bills, police reports, and photos of injuries.

Reporting Animal-Related Injuries Outside of Kings County

If you are bitten or injured by an animal in a county other than Kings, you will need to contact the local animal control organization to file a report. DoNotPay has resources all over the country, including

How to Report an Animal-Related Injury With DoNotPay

Being on the receiving end of a dog bite is a traumatic experience. If you're not sure what to do, don't worry - DoNotPay can help.

DoNotPay is a tool that helps victims report animal-related injuries and recover compensation. The service was designed specifically for this purpose - helping the victim of an animal bite file a case with minimal hassle.

How to report an animal-related incident on DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.

  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.

  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).

And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Why Use DoNotPay to Report a Kings County Animal-Related Injury?

Filing a report on your own can be difficult and time-consuming. It can also be difficult to know who to contact or where to go for help. DoNotPay takes all of the guesswork out of the process, making it easy for you to get the help you need.

DoNotPay's online service makes filing an animal-related injury report in Morgan County, Georgia, much easier than doing it on your own.

You don't have to spend hours looking up the proper complaint forms or figuring out where exactly to send them. DoNotPay will lead you through each step of the process until your complaint is filed with the proper agency.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

DoNotPay not only helps you file a report for an animal-related injury but can help with more than just that. The service is equipped to handle all sorts of issues and assist the user through every step of the process:

DoNotPay is the ultimate assistant - helping you with whatever issue comes your way. Sign up today!

Want your issue solved now?