How To Recover Your Hacked Hotmail Account Easily
Scammers and cyber thieves hack into email accounts every day. It's not something new. The difficult part is learning how to stop these bad actors from accessing your accounts and stealing your personal and/or financial information. Hotmail has even reported scammers sending phony messages from hacked accounts to dupe unsuspecting contacts to take certain actions.
Someone, somewhere, is right now to access their accounts and possibly use it to send spam messages, hassle contacts, access their online accounts, and more.
Your job is to learn the best preventative measures to protect your account and keep it safe from hackers. DoNotPay provides you with a quicker, easier, and more effective solution to recover and protect your hacked Hotmail account. Read on to learn more:
How To Tell if Your Hotmail Account Was Hacked
Many online services such as Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, PlayStation, Steam, Roblox, and many more have set up advanced security features to block scammers from forcibly accessing your online accounts. However, even these security features are sometimes not always enough.
Fortunately, you may also be able to see some unusual activities and signs that your may have been compromised. These are:
- You cannot log in to your account
- Odd sent-messages folder
- Strange messages on your social media accounts
- Some emails appear to be missing
Most people's email accounts contain almost all aspects of their lives. You can find a wealth of information stored in email accounts, including credit card details, social security numbers, and other financial data. Therefore, a hacked email account could do much more damage to both your personal and financial life.
What To Do if Your Hotmail Account Was Hacked
Luckily, there are various steps you can take to regain full access to your hacked Hotmail account and protect it from future hacks. Here are some important strategies to implement:
1. Change Your Credentials
Often, the first step to protecting your account after taking back control is to change your passwords. You may need to provide more information to verify that you are the true owner of the account to your service provider.
Afterward, you need to:
- Change your username and password immediately.
- Change your security questions.
- Turn on the two-step verification process.
2. Warn Your Contacts
It's also important that all your email contacts are made aware that your email account has been compromised so they don't fall victim to any possible scams from your email.
3. Look For Signs of Trouble
Most times, hackers make certain changes to allow them to access your account again even after you've regained control of it. Ensure you take the following steps to prevent future breaches:
- Check your settings for changed email signatures or auto-forwarded email settings, and any unfamiliar links to the account
- Check for any signs of computer viruses embedded in your phone, computer, or tablet. These may include device slowness, strange pop-up windows, or unfamiliar applications on your device.
How DoNotPay Can Help Recover Your Hacked Hotmail Account
As you can see, recovering and protecting your Hotmail account from hackers can be quite strenuous and time-consuming. Most times, you might not even be able to recover your account if you decide to do it yourself.
DoNotPay offers you a safer, quicker, and easier way to recover your email account successfully. You can also use the application to protect your Hotmail account from possible future breaches and keep your personal and financial information secured.
If you want DoNotPay to help you recover your hacked Hotmail account, then simply follow these steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
The account recovery process is quite simple and will be completed in just a few minutes. You never have to worry about following the proper account recovery process again with DoNotPay.
Why Use DoNotPay To Recover Your Hacked Hotmail Account
Besides helping you to recover your compromised Hotmail account, you can also use the application to recover hacked other accounts.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The application also helps you solve other daily life issues, including:
DoNotPay is your go-to online service to help you recover your hacked Hotmail account. You never have to go about recovering your account by yourself again. Here's an application you can depend on to quickly, easily, and successfully recover and protect your email account. Try DoNotPay today!