Registering for a Fayette County Pet License is Simpler Than Ever
If you are a Fayette County, Tennessee resident with a pet cat or dog, you are required to register your pet within seven days of getting it if it is over six months old. This article identifies who needs a pet license in Fayette County and what steps to take to get your pet licensed. Then, keep reading to find out how DoNotPay can save you time and money by getting a on your behalf.
Moving? You can also discover how to get your pet licensed in one of these other locations:
- Pierce County Pet License
- Orange County Pet License
- Maricopa County Pet License
- King County Pet License
- LA County Pet License
Who Needs a Fayette County Pet License?
If you have a cat or dog in Fayette County, you are required to have your animal licensed for a term of one, two, or three years. Cats and dogs that are under six months old do not require a license. A tag is issued with each pet license, which must be worn by your pet at all times. Fees paid for licensing your pet are used to support animal care and control within the county.
What Documents Are Required to Get a Fayette County Pet License?
All cats and dogs must receive the rabies vaccine at six months old. Proof of vaccination is required to get your pet licensed in Fayette County. Proof that your pet was spayed or neutered is not required, but it is preferred and greatly reduces the cost of the pet license.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Fayette County Pet License?
If you need to get your pet licensed in Fayette County, the fee depends on whether your pet has been spayed or neutered. For pets who have been spayed or neutered, the fee is $10 for one year, $20 for two years, or $30 for three years. For pets that have not been spayed or neutered, there is a licensing fee of $15 for one year, $30 for two years, or $45 for three years. The registration term expires with the rabies vaccination expiry. Unaltered pets cost more to register to encourage sterilization and discourage overpopulation.
|License Type||1 Year Fee||2 Year Fee||3 Year Fee|
|Unaltered Pet License||$15.00||$30.00||$45.00|
|Spayed/Neutered Pet License||$10.00||$20.00||$30.00|
|Replacement Tag Fee||$5.00|
Where Do I Go to Get A Fayette County Pet License?
A Fayette County pet license can be obtained online, by mail, or by visiting one of the area's participating clinics. When applying online, payment must be made by credit card and includes a $1.95 convenience fee. Tags are generally mailed within ten days of applying and should be received with 14 days.
Why Get Your Pet Registered for a Fayette County Pet License?
The law requires that Fayette County pet owners register all cats and dogs for a Fayette county pet license. Failure to do so can result in penalties or fines. Registering for a Fayette County pet license makes your pet much easier to identify and return should it get loose or become lost. Registering your pet shows compliance with the rabies vaccination requirements.
Renewal or Replacement of a Fayette County Pet License
Fayette County pet licenses are good for one, two, or three-year terms. Registrations can not be transferred between pet owners; a new one must be obtained by the new owner. Replacement tags can be obtained for $5.
How Do You Get a Fayette County Pet License on Your Own?
Getting a pet license in Fayette County can be done online, in person, or by mail by following these steps.
- Gather documentation providing proof of rabies vaccination and proof of spay/neuter if applicable.
- Go to the Fayette County pet license website.
- Fill out the registration form completely.
- Submit proof of documentation with your registration form.
- Pay the proper registration fee by credit card, including a $1.95 convenience fee.
- Receive your tag within 14 days of application.
- Gather documentation providing proof of your pet's rabies vaccination and proof of spay/neuter if applicable.
- Travel with your pet to the closest animal hospital or veterinary clinic where licensing is available.
- For pets that have been spayed/neutered, show documentation and provide payment of $10, $20, or $30 per pet license.
- For pets that have not been spayed/neutered, provide payment of $15, $30, or $45 per pet license.
- Payment methods vary by location; most accept cash, checks, or credit card.
- Receive your license tag by mail within 14 days of application.
- Download and print a license application from the Fayette County pet license website. One is required for each pet you are licensing.
- Fill out the application providing all the requested information.
- Get a copy of the rabies vaccine proof document.
- Get a copy of the spay/neuter proof document.
- Write a check for the correct fee.
- If your pet is spayed/neutered, send an application, both proof documents, and a check for $10, $20, or $30 by mail to Fayette County Animal Registration.
- If your pet is not spayed/neutered, send an application, vaccination proof document, and a check for $15, $20. or $30 by mail to Fayette County Animal Registration.
- Allow about 14 days for processing before receiving your license tag by mail.
Get a Fayette County Pet License with DoNotPay
If you need to save time getting a Fayette County pet license, let DoNotPay help.
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Fayette County Using DoNotPay:
If you want to save time registering your pet in Fayette County by using DoNotPay and don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in just a few easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Fayette County Pet License?
DoNotPay makes sure you are able to get a Fayette County quickly, easily, and successfully. There is no need to worry if you provided enough information or if your application arrived at the right destination. DoNotPay gathers the information from you and completes the application, then mails it with documentation and payment. Not in Fayette County? Check out our article for your location. DoNotPay works in all cities, counties, and states.
- City of Houston Pet License
- Omaha Pet License
- Minneapolis Pet License
- Washington State Pet License
- Pet License California
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Find out about other ways that DoNotPay can save you time and money through our other services. No matter the task, DoNotPay is here to help you cut through red tape, save valuable time, and accomplish what you need.
- College Fee Waiver
- Discover And Apply For Scholarships
- Parking Tickets
- Appeal Banned Account
- Cancel a Service