How To Reinstate Access To Your Hacked Epic Games Account
If you love epic games, played under its platform for a long time, and ultimately decided to retire. That does not suggest your is not valuable to you, or it does not have a plethora of games attached to it that you do not value.
However, when you get an email regarding resetting your password after successfully connecting to an Xbox One that you do not own, that should be a cause for concern. The reason is that your Epic Games account may have been hacked.
Note that a hacker does not need to access your email to do so since they can use an insecure or leaked password to access your Epic Games account. Once they succeed, they can change your account's password using the online account settings, after which they can link it to their Xbox One.
The bottom line is that your if you do not protect it. Additionally, if you want to recover your gaming account, DoNotPay will offer you the help you need.
What Should You Do if Your Epic Games Account Gets Hacked?
The first thing you should do if you suspect your is to ascertain whether that is true or not. Here are some of the things you should consider doing in this case.
- Do not click any link to a suspicious email with your Epic Games account information.
- Visit the Epic Games site and try to log in. If you can log in, then it is likely that you got a phishing email.
- Once you log in successfully, change your password and enable two-factor authentication.
- If you notice anything wrong after accessing your Epic Games account, you can consider contacting Epic Games support.
Protecting Your Epic Account From Getting Hacked
In addition to the Epic Games official site information, you can consider the following to keep your Epic Games account from getting hacked.
1. Check the URL and Locate the Lock
Understand that Epic Games will never have an unsecured website for logging into your account.
2. Use a Unique Password
Consider using a unique password for everything. You can also use a password manager if you cannot remember all your passwords. Note that your Xbox, Nintendo, and PS4 accounts can be used to access your Epic Games account.
That suggests that if the password you use for these accounts is weak, your Epic Games account can get hacked.
3. Do Not Replace Your Browser’s URL Bar
You should never use a search engine to replace your browser's URL bar. The reason is that nowadays, search engines may do an amazing job of removing malicious ads, but they are always risky.
4. Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Although it may be annoying, you need to enable two-factor authentication for everything to protect your Epic Games account from getting hacked. The best part is that phones ease the automatic insertion of the codes texted to you.
Also, there are tons of stylish IRL key fobs to use, apps, emails, and various services that allow you to secure your Epic Games account. So, enabling two-factor authentication is advisable because it will stop most attacks even if hackers obtain your password.
How to Recover Your Gaming Account Using DoNotPay
Knowing where to start if you need to recover your gaming account may be challenging. If that is the case, DoNotPay can offer a solution through the simple steps below.
- Open the Recover Hacked Gaming Account product on DoNotPay and enter the gaming company name.
- Fill in the details of your account, including when it was first created, when it was hacked, whether you still have access, the name of the game, associated usernames, and how much you have paid through this account (if you've paid at all).
- Choose whether you would like us to send the demand letter on your behalf, or just generate a digital copy, and provide your e-signature.
Below are links for more issues that DoNotPay can help you with.
What Else Can DoNotPay Offer?
- It allows you to cancel any subscription or service
- Allows you to sue anyone in small claims court
- It helps you when appealing a banned account
- Facilitates the process of filing a complaint against any organization
- Takes care of copyright protection issues
Other than waiting to restore your Epic Games account after it gets hacked, consider protecting it from unauthorized access using the tips above. Also, with DoNotPay today is a wise idea because it will help you recover your gaming account.