How Do I Become an Egg Donor in Memphis, TN?
Donating eggs is a great way to give back to your community while helping a family who wants to have their children but struggling to conceive a child on their own. The eggs that you donate will go through in vitro fertilization (IVF) will be taken to a lab where they are provided with enhanced fertilization before being placed in the hopeful, soon-to-be mother. The hope is that the egg will fertilize and result in a pregnancy. That results in the birth of a child for a couple who might not otherwise be able to have kids on their own.
Couples struggling with fertility pay a high price for in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments. IVF often costs a family anything ranging from about $10,000 to $12,000 per IVF treatment (each time an egg is inserted into the woman's uterus to grow). Egg donors will get compensation up to $10,000 per egg, oftentimes as little as $5,000. Many women can donate several eggs or more before they can't donate any more, which can make a significant amount of money for them by helping others achieve their dream of having a family. The fulfillment of helping someone else have a family, combined with the financial compensation, leads a woman to become an egg donor in Memphis, TN.
What Is an Egg Donation?
Egg donations occur when an egg donor in Memphis, TN (usually between 20 and 35 years of age) donates her eggs to a woman struggling to conceive a child. Egg donations take fertile eggs from one woman. Before getting fertilized in a laboratory, the eggs will be implanted into the recipient through a process called in vitro fertilization (IVF). Through this process, the chances of the other woman conceiving a child are much higher than if she were to try to conceive on her own. The egg donor is usually compensated for both her time and her egg donation.
What Can I Expect During the Egg Donation Process?
The egg donation process is quite complicated, and sometimes it can feel like a virtually endless process. You will have to go through a selection process to begin your journey for egg donation. Not everyone who applies will be considered a good fit for the process, but applying is the first way to know if you qualify or not. The following are the steps that you can expect the process to entail when applying to become an egg donor:
- Send in Your Application: You will need to fill out an application with your complete health information and family history and send it to the clinics or agencies where you are looking to donate your eggs. Based on the applications, agencies will determine if you qualify for their egg donation program.
- Receive a Physical & Get Your Personalized Health Report: You will need to get a physical to begin the egg donor process, and this physical will let the clinic or agency know if you qualify for the program. If you pass the physical and the extensive medical history, the process will begin.
- Medication Will Stop Your Periods: You will have to take medication that stops your periods to prepare you for the egg donation process.
- Give Yourself Injections to Increase Fertility: You will need to give yourself injections to increase your fertility levels to help prepare your eggs for the woman who needs to receive them to conceive.
- Comply with Frequent Testing: You will need to get both blood work and ultrasounds regularly to ensure good health, and your body is handling the treatments you must undergo to prepare to donate your eggs.
- Take Sedatives/Anesthetics: You will be given a sedative or an anesthetic before the actual "egg harvesting" procedure begins to keep the procedure pain-free and for you to be able to relax throughout the process.
- Extract the Eggs: The eggs will be extracted from your uterus and sent to a lab to be treated in preparation for insertion.
- Ensure That You Get Aftercare: You should check to ensure that you get aftercare for all of your personal needs if you need it. The coverage should be covered by the agency or clinic. You should not have to pay for this care.
These are the steps that are entailed with donating your eggs. You will need to go through the steps set forth by the agency or clinic you are donating to, ensuring that your egg donation is made successfully and compensation is provided.
What Qualifications Does a Donor Have to Meet?
To donate your eggs, you will need to meet some basic background and health requirements. Most agencies or clinics require you to meet the following criteria to donate eggs:
- ages 20 to 34 years old
- have no history of having used any non-medically related drugs
- have no history of having used any tobacco, nicotine, or smoking products
- menstruate regularly
- have a family history free of genetic health problems
- provide a detailed history of your family's medical history
- take the necessary injections
- have a BMI of between 18 and 28
- make a 3-to-5-month commitment
- have a high school diploma or GED
These are the minimum requirements to donate your eggs to most clinics or agencies. Compensation will generally range from $5,000 to $10,000 per egg, and sometimes women can donate several eggs. However, no more than four to five eggs can be donated throughout a woman's "fertile" cycle. It will depend largely on the eggs you have available and the policy of the agency or clinic as to how many you can donate.
What Do I Look For in an Agency?
When looking for an agency or clinic where you will become an egg donor, you want to look for several things in a clinic as you choose which one is right for you. You want to determine how much you will be paid, and you want to ensure that you are going to have your aftercare paid for if you need care after your procedure to ensure your health and well-being. You will want to be sure that the agency or clinic you use is candid and straightforward, helping you understand that this is not a one-day procedure but rather a 3-to-5-month commitment that involves preparing for the day when your egg will be donated.
Egg Donation Clinics/Banks in Memphis: Visit the Fertility Associates of Memphis
If you are looking to donate your eggs in Memphis, one of the few available fertility clinics is the Fertility Associates of Memphis. The facility does indeed accept egg donations. You can apply to become an egg donor, and you can get compensated for your egg donations to the Fertility Associates of Memphis. The Fertility Associates of Memphis is located at 80 Humphries Center Suite 307, TN 38120-2363, and they can be reached at (901) - 747 - 2229. The Fertility Associates of Memphis does not specify a specific level of compensation that donors are given, but they do indeed compensate donors, and most donors that are accepted are aged 30 or younger.
What Other Steps Should I Take if Applying to Be an Egg Donor Is Too Complicated for Me?
We know that all the paperwork and the applications for each different fertility clinic/bank can be not only frustrating, but also a cumbersome experience. Different clinics or banks may require different forms to be filled out, and they can take hours to complete them all correctly and provide your extensive family medical history. The good news is that through DoNotPay's automatic application tool, you can fill out your important health information and apply to clinics or banks with just three easy steps:
- Search "become an egg donor" on DoNotPay and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Answer a series of eligibility questions about your medical history, so we can determine which donor agencies you can apply for.
- Verify your information and submit your single application! DoNotPay will then apply for multiple egg donor agencies near you on your behalf to maximize your chances of being accepted.
DoNotPay will then be able to fill out your health information and send the applications on their way on your behalf. You will hear from the clinic or bank if they are moving forward with your application, and you will then learn what the next steps are.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from becoming an egg donor in Memphis, TN, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
|Egg Donor Pay||What It Is Like To Be An Egg Donor||Is Egg Donation Worth It?|
|Egg Donation Process||Egg Donor Requirements|
We are glad that you asked. DoNotPay can provide you with assistance completing an array of daily tasks that might otherwise take you extra time to complete. We are here to save you money on these tasks as well. The following are some other services that we offer:
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Canceling unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Contesting parking tickets
These are just a few of the different services that DoNotPay can offer its users. We are here to help save you money on everything from financial transactions (i.e., overdrafts, checking fees, etc.) to subscription fees that you no longer use and everything in between. Put your information into our tools, and let us do the rest!