Everything You Must Know About Egg Donation In Rochester NY
When you donate your eggs, you make a positive, meaningful impact on someone's life, plus you receive compensation for your donation. While the payment varies by agency and state, some egg donors receive compensation of up to $10,000 per donation.
Finding an agency for egg donation in Rochester, NY that you can trust and at the same time offers fair compensation for your donation can require considerable research. Let DoNotPay provide you with objective information so you can decide if egg donation is worth it.
This guide includes information on the requirements for egg donation in New York and other cities, what it is like to be an egg donor, how to go about the process, and available compensation.
What Is Egg Donation?
Egg donation is an assisted reproductive technology (ART), a process that involves a fertile woman donating her oocyte or egg to another woman so that she can conceive a child. A doctor removes one or more eggs from the donor and fertilizes them in a laboratory. The doctor then transfers the resulting embryos into the uterus of the female wishing to become pregnant using a method called in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Many women turn to egg donors and the potential of IVF to help them conceive a child. They do so for a varied number of reasons such as:
- to avoid transmitting a genetic disease
- poor egg quality of the potential mother
- early-onset menopause caused premature ovarian failure
- few and/or poor quality eggs in the ovaries (diminished ovarian reserve or DOR)
- multiple failed pregnancies
Many fertile women have turned to donating eggs to help these women overcome the challenge of becoming a mother. They cited personal satisfaction, happiness, and financial compensation as the reasons.
What Does the Egg Donation Process Look Like?
Egg donation takes a little prep work before the actual donation occurs. This process includes some medication and medical tests.
- You start the process by taking a medicine that stops your menstrual cycle. This lets you and the intended mother synchronize your cycles.
- Following this, you take a second medicine to stimulate your ovary follicles. It takes about four to seven days for your ovaries to produce eggs.
- You'll undergo an ultrasound on your ovaries and blood tests to determine your hormone levels.
- When your hormone levels reach the appropriate stage, you'll take one more medication.
- About 36 hours later, you'll go under anesthesia and the IVF physician will retrieve your eggs, usually 12 to 18. The typical woman creates hundreds of thousands of eggs throughout her lifetime, so you will still have eggs for your own childbearing.
Egg Donor Requirements/Eligibility
Young women throughout the country can easily become egg donors. Although most US locations limit you to six-lifetime donations, that's plenty of times to help deserving intended parents. Here are the essential requirements:
- Females aged 19 to 34
- No non-medical drug use history
- No history of smoking, tobacco, or nicotine
- Undergo regular monthly menstrual cycles
- No inheritable genetic disorders in the family history
- Willingness to provide a detailed medical history
- Willingness to take injected meds
- Proportionate height/weight with a BMI of 18 to 28
- Willingness to make a three to five-month commitment
- Minimum education of high school diploma with college preferred
How to Find Egg Donation Rochester NY Agencies On Your Own
You can find and get started donating on your own. You can start in the phone book or conduct an Internet search to find a selection of agencies. Most agencies now host a website that allows you to apply online.
First, you must apply to each donor agency using that agency's application form. Each site uses a unique form, so there's no way to apply to multiple agencies. These extensive forms can require about an hour's time to complete for each agency. You might want to narrow down the number of agencies to which you apply, or you could have DoNotPay help you.
|Clinic||Address||Phone Number||Compensation||Required Age|
|Strong Fertility Center - Rochester||500 Red Creek Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
|(585) 487-3378||Does not post publicly||21-27|
|Rochester Fertility Clinic||2244 East Ave.
Rochester, NY 14610
|Rochester Fertility Care||1561 Long Pond Rd Ste 410, Rochester, NY 14626||(585) 922-4000||$4,000||20-32|
How Can DoNotPay Help?
At DoNotPay, we understand how precious your time is and we have developed methods to let you apply to numerous agencies at one time. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions and we'll help you apply to many agencies near you.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become an egg donor in Rocester, NY:
- Search "become an egg donor" on DoNotPay and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Answer a series of eligibility questions about your medical history, so we can determine which donor agencies you can apply for.
- Verify your information and submit your single application! DoNotPay will then apply for multiple egg donor agencies near you on your behalf to maximize your chances of being accepted.
DoNotPay is a better option if you don't have the time to do the research. DoNotPay can help you access the best clinics in your area and complete the application process successfully!