How To Donate Plasma In Des Moines
It's a bit saddening to think about how little control we have over our bodies. One little error, mistake, or just poor luck could have you as a prisoner inside your own body. That is why when we are healthy, we should strive to help those who need us because it doesn't take much to switch places.
One way you could help out is to donate plasma. As obscure as the term is for several people, we cannot function without it, and there are several conditions that could be treated by donations.
To donate plasma in Des Moines, there is a general procedure to be followed and requirements to be met. Both procedures and requirements vary with donation centers so researching how to donate and whether you are eligible could take some time and effort.
But don't let that deter you from saving someone's life. There is a much simpler alternative - DoNotPay. It allows you to learn about all the plasma centers and their details and requirements and how to reach them without leaving the app.
What Is Plasma and Why Would You Want to Donate It?
There are four components in your blood: red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and plasma. Plasma is the liquid part of your blood and makes up 55% of it. It has several functions such as transporting waste products and maintaining body temperature among others.
You should donate plasma because it saves lives. Plus it can't be synthetically created. People who have experienced severe trauma such as shock or burns, people with cancer, and people with liver and clotting disorders need plasma donations to survive. If not for the reasons stated above, you should donate plasma for monetary compensation.
Am I Eligible to Donate Plasma in Des Moines?
To donate plasma in Des Moines, there aren't too many or too complicated requirements. You can only donate if you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Are ready to undergo extensive screening
- Have proof of identity, age (Photo ID), and address
- Have traveled to certain areas of the world
- Are under some medications
- Have low iron or hemoglobin
- Are ill
Can You Donate Plasma if You Have Received the COVID Vaccine?
After being vaccinated for COVID, you can donate plasma as long as you are symptom-free and feeling well at the time of the donation.
Can You Donate Plasma if You Are Diabetic?
As long as you have no complications and your diabetes is well controlled through diet or oral medication, you can donate plasma if you are diabetic.
Where Can I Donate Plasma in Des Moines?
There are five centers for donating plasma in Des Moines.
|Location||Address||Phone Number||Age Requirement||Compensation|
|Octapharma Plasma||2588 Hubbell Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50317
|515 263 2192||18||$1,000+
|Grifols Biomat||1223 6th Avenue
Des Moines, IA, 50314
|515 244 0771||18||$400 per month|
|BioLife Plasma Services||6380 Village View Dr.
West Des Moines, IA 50266
|515 440 2202||18||$200-280
|LifeServe Blood Center||431 East Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
|800-287-4903||18 for females 16 for males||N/A|
|CSL Plasma||3420 E M.L.K. Jr Pkwy #100,
Des Moines, IA 50317
|1-866-275-6800||18||Up to $1,100 per month|
How to Donate Plasma on Your Own in Des Moines
To donate plasma on your own in Des Moines, you only need to click on one or all of the links to the centers provided above. Navigate the landing page to find the application form and apply.
However, for some donation centers, you don't need to make an appointment. You can easily walk in with the stipulated requirements then you will be told whether you are eligible or not.
If you don't know any better, this process seems quite straightforward. But DoNotPay does not require you to scour the internet looking for the center with the least strict requirements, highest compensation, and their contact details.
Simplify Plasma Donation Using DoNotPay
The reason you may decide not to donate plasma even if you are eligible is the amount of work you need to do before you donate. You have to find the best plasma centers near you, check their compensation, bonuses, and eligibility requirements while taking note of the best ones, then contact them to know their availability.
But what if there was a way you can find all that out in a few clicks of your computer or phone? Would you have an excuse not to donate? No, you won't. That is why DoNotPay is such a valuable tool.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
Why Use DoNotPay to Donate Plasma
If you are still on the fence about whether you should use DoNotPay to find a center and donate plasma. DoNotPay is:
- Fast — Every research you need to do can be done within the app or site. This cuts down the amount of time you need to take action from hours to mere minutes.
- Easy — To find the best donation site and know whether you qualify, you have to do a mountain of research and fill tedious forms. With DoNotPay, however, it is only a couple of questions and we will handle everything else for you.
- Successful — You may have heard of people giving up in the middle of their quest to find a center and donate, but not with DoNotPay. We guarantee you we will go all the way and get you results.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is a handy assistant that can handle every problem you have. From appealing parking tickets to renewing your car's registration, there are just so many things that DoNotPay can handle for you.
Here are some of them:
- Deal with a client regarding a breach of contract
- Applying for a passport
- Requesting a sick leave
- Filing child travel consent paperwork
- Airline flight cancellation/bumping compensation
Save a Life Using DoNotPay
With the way plasma is vital for life, you would think that regulators and plasma centers would have already come together and made the process less frustrating and direct. But that is expecting a bit too much from corporations considering the current insulin prices.
Nonetheless, we'll give them credit and believe they will get there, eventually. But in the meantime, DoNotPay makes things simple for everyone. Save a life by donating plasma today.